Blog for Music Reviews

• I have created a blog where I write song and album reviews. I often find that western publications, when reviewing Eastern music lack the knowledge of the culture or history, and most importantly, lack the passion, to write reviews. Thus, I have been writing K-Pop and other Asian country's music reviews for around three-quarters of a year. Inspired by other writers such as Arpydarpy and Nick James, I have been writing song reviews from across the world, with a focus on Asia.

https://108ent.blogspot.com/

It would be great if you guys could check out my blog, and share and comment on my content.

Note:

1) I am reviewing the music, not the artists, MVs, and performances.

2) These reviews are my opinion, it is totally fine if you disagree with me, just be respectful.

• Your blog is nicely written and put together. Most I agree with however, the one you did with Kingdom and Ateez:

I wanted to give you some background that Rhythm TA that they did with the masks is part of their story line since debut. It's them "acting against" the ones holding them back in the entire story. His speech is an empowering speech to drive the members to act against the ones that are doing whatever they are doing to them (I'm not good at explaining this stuff to non fans). Every Performance Ateez has done since the intro is an entire story that they have kept going since debut.

Unless you are a hard fan, or following their story it may be hard to catch the meaning or what they were doing. Aside from this last episode where they were working with Stray Kids & BTOB their solo performances are all a story line that they are continuing on with. Every thing they do is about the masked men and their world and their story.

In Fact their Diary Film is telling about all that's going on after you watch this, him flippin the timer over and grabbing it in rhythm ta and everything SHOULD make more sense

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you're interested, that is. They are the only ones in Kingdom who, in my opinion, are keeping the story going in every performance. It's really fascinating to see but drives us Atiny nuts as we try to figure out what's going on.

This may be of help as well:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You can also see the "dark man" that most of these speak about appear at the end of their recent fireworks video meaning the story is continuing, they have said themselves, that they are using Kingdom to continue this entire story. So if you read all this and everything Hope it makes more sense for any future reviews!

• Thank you for reading xx-Jenn-xx!

I actually am an Atiny, and boy I followed their story really, really closely for the Treasure segment (which was muscially fantastic as well). I understood the purpose of the speech, and it certainly has to be there for their story. At the same time, I wish maybe the English was slightly better chosen, as a bit of a nerd, I found it a little cringe.

Certainly appreciate ATEEZ for going with a consistent story, thought I will fully admit that I don not get all of it. To me, ATEEZ tell their story best through lyrics and the music itself. You can feel the desperation in Mingi's voice in Take Me Home, and that elevates it to another level of great. In Hala Hala, you can feel the fear manifest. In the Rhythm Ta performance, I did not feel it as strongly. But at the same time, I can appreciate the intentions.

Thank you for the links, I am going to go through all of them and see if I can understand the story a little better :)

• OH that's great! It's good to know someone else who gets the story. I legit thought i wasn't understanding it myself a few times. As i'm a new atiny I found them when inception came out but i have like watched everything and tried to keep up with it all. It's so wonderful to see them debut with this specific goal in mind and keep it going even 2 years later. It's really fascinating!

I loved their version of rhythm ta, to me it was empowering, and i know their english isn't always the best but I kinda got what they were doing. I think as long as people could try to understand their message then their goal was reached. I didn't like Ikon's version of inception though, I know what they went for but and even though it's called reborn it felt like they missed some key parts of the song. Since i found ateez when inception came out that song means alot to me and i just couldn't really enjoy their version, though again, it wasn't bad.

I hope the links help as well, but i'm glad that you weren't offended by anything as my goal wasn't trying to do that. I look forward to more of your ateez reviews!

• OH that's great! It's good to know someone else who gets the story. I legit thought i wasn't understanding it myself a few times. As i'm a new atiny I found them when inception came out but i have like watched everything and tried to keep up with it all. It's so wonderful to see them debut with this specific goal in mind and keep it going even 2 years later. It's really fascinating!

I loved their version of rhythm ta, to me it was empowering, and i know their english isn't always the best but I kinda got what they were doing. I think as long as people could try to understand their message then their goal was reached. I didn't like Ikon's version of inception though, I know what they went for but and even though it's called reborn it felt like they missed some key parts of the song. Since i found ateez when inception came out that song means alot to me and i just couldn't really enjoy their version, though again, it wasn't bad.

I hope the links help as well, but i'm glad that you weren't offended by anything as my goal wasn't trying to do that. I look forward to more of your ateez reviews!

Thank you xx-Jenn-xx! It is good when a discussion goes civilly.

I have been an Atiny since Say My Name, and really loved whatever they did in 2019. Admittedly, if you looked at my Fireworks review, I have not been a fan of everything they did. But they are a young and talented group, and no one can deny Edenary and Hongjoong's crazy production skills. I think they changed the story up a bit after the Treasure series ended, and I personally consider it a sequel story now, but the world building is somewhat the same.

Yeah, I am one of the few who enjoyed iKON's version of Inception. I am also an iKonic, and thus I know the group's strengths. While their version was inauthentic to ATEEZ, they did turn it into a pretty good iKON song. Same with what ATEEZ did with Rhtyhm Ta.

Haha, Mirotic is considered the second most covered K-Pop song of all time, and it got me into K-Pop. By this point I think I am dulled to inauthentic performances.

Thank you!

• I love some of ikon's music myself but I am not a hard stan of them. Bobby has an amazing personality and i love his laugh. Their music is just not my style and doesn't fully appeal to me. I love most of the groups in kingdom so it's so hard being a multi-fan trying to enjoy everything. But ateez is my ults and i have to root for them. Though at this point, I just wish everyone stays healthy and safe, no injuries and just has fun. Atiny is a small fandom and even if we don't win if Ateez gains more recognition and fans then I feel like we have already won. I love the interactions they have with each other especially the sports day one! It was great watching them all and i hope people see that they all respect and get along with each other and that fandom wars are so unnecessary.

I did read some of your review sand I admittedly wanted to slap your shoulder like HOW COULD YOU SAY THIS IT WAS AMAZING! But everyone has their own opinions and views and I respect that. Not everyone is going to like the same things or agree. But as long as the boys aren't insulted or dragged I don't say much lol.

also you're welcome!

• I love some of ikon's music myself but I am not a hard stan of them. Bobby has an amazing personality and i love his laugh. Their music is just not my style and doesn't fully appeal to me. I love most of the groups in kingdom so it's so hard being a multi-fan trying to enjoy everything. But ateez is my ults and i have to root for them. Though at this point, I just wish everyone stays healthy and safe, no injuries and just has fun. Atiny is a small fandom and even if we don't win if Ateez gains more recognition and fans then I feel like we have already won. I love the interactions they have with each other especially the sports day one! It was great watching them all and i hope people see that they all respect and get along with each other and that fandom wars are so unnecessary.

I did read some of your review sand I admittedly wanted to slap your shoulder like HOW COULD YOU SAY THIS IT WAS AMAZING! But everyone has their own opinions and views and I respect that. Not everyone is going to like the same things or agree. But as long as the boys aren't insulted or dragged I don't say much lol.

also you're welcome!

Yeah, minus SF9, I am a long time fan of all the Kingdom groups. I think I am rooting for iKON, simply because they suffered the most. But my personal favorite group is ATEEZ. As an early member of the fandom, I have seen it grow. Admittedly, the haters and the bad stans increased too, but so have the good fans, and that is very, very, gratifying.

Thank you for the opinion respect. That is something a lot of K-Pop fans could use these days. And while I was not a fan of Fireworks, Take Me Home is a gem that has only gotten better with age.

• Yeah, minus SF9, I am a long time fan of all the Kingdom groups. I think I am rooting for iKON, simply because they suffered the most. But my personal favorite group is ATEEZ. As an early member of the fandom, I have seen it grow. Admittedly, the haters and the bad stans increased too, but so have the good fans, and that is very, very, gratifying.

Thank you for the opinion respect. That is something a lot of K-Pop fans could use these days. And while I was not a fan of Fireworks, Take Me Home is a gem that has only gotten better with age.

Take me home is my favorite song on the album. it really hits hard as i can relate to the lyics. It makes me cry every time i hear it. I actually absolutely came to kingdom in love with ateez and sf9. I like the boyz i like stray kids but it was ateez and sf9 the whole time BUT i have left a fan of btob. Their personalities are just so damn amazing. And i took the time to listen to their songs and i really really love their music..

It also didn't help that minhyuk took his shirt off LOL he has a nice body i'm sorry. So, i am thankful for the kingdom for letting me get introduced to btob before i was a casual listener of two songs and now i love them!

I think the ones who aren't respectful are just immature and childish people. I'm an adult, obviously, and while i hate it when people are negative about the boys, i have to sometimes just step back and realize that everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they aren't hurting them.

• Take me home is my favorite song on the album. it really hits hard as i can relate to the lyics. It makes me cry every time i hear it. I actually absolutely came to kingdom in love with ateez and sf9. I like the boyz i like stray kids but it was ateez and sf9 the whole time BUT i have left a fan of btob. Their personalities are just so damn amazing. And i took the time to listen to their songs and i really really love their music..

It also didn't help that minhyuk took his shirt off LOL he has a nice body i'm sorry. So, i am thankful for the kingdom for letting me get introduced to btob before i was a casual listener of two songs and now i love them!

I think the ones who aren't respectful are just immature and childish people. I'm an adult, obviously, and while i hate it when people are negative about the boys, i have to sometimes just step back and realize that everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they aren't hurting them.

Yeah, Btob killed Kingdom so far, even if I am not a fan of the shirt rip, sorry Minhyuk.

I actually got into K-Pop as a younger person, and never really was a hater. I think it must be something about Netizen culture I guess.

• Yeah, Btob killed Kingdom so far, even if I am not a fan of the shirt rip, sorry Minhyuk.

I actually got into K-Pop as a younger person, and never really was a hater. I think it must be something about Netizen culture I guess.

i found kpop feb 2020 so lol. I enjoy the music, and the performances. Though i don't understand a lick of what i hear, It's just calming and relaxing and enjoyable.

And i guess as a lady i thoroughly enjoyed the abs LOL. His body is nice and i can appreciate a nice body so lol i was all cheering about it lol

• i found kpop feb 2020 and i'm 38 so lol. I enjoy the music, and the performances. Though i don't understand a lick of what i hear, It's just calming and relaxing and enjoyable.

And i guess as a lady i thoroughly enjoyed the abs LOL. His body is nice and i can appreciate a nice body so lol i was all cheering about it lol

Oh my, I got into K-Pop nearly a decade before you. Trust me, there is a great rabbit-hole to go down in. I entered for the performances, and stayed for the music.

Haha, if you enjoyed Minhyuk, you might want to check out some songs from Taeyang by Bigbang. Not only does he make killer R&B grooves, but he is infamous for his lack of shirts. Jeez, I cannot believe I recommended someone for that reason... I am embarrassed.

Also, Mirotic is a great song to start checking out old K-Pop.

• Oh my, I got into K-Pop nearly a decade before you. Trust me, there is a great rabbit-hole to go down in. I entered for the performances, and stayed for the music.

Haha, if you enjoyed Minhyuk, you might want to check out some songs from Taeyang by Bigbang. Not only does he make killer R&B grooves, but he is infamous for his lack of shirts. Jeez, I cannot believe I recommended someone for that reason... I am embarrassed.

Also, Mirotic is a great song to start checking out old K-Pop.

LOL yes i hear so much about big bang, i've heard some of their music i believe i have heard his eyes nose and lips song too i'll have to re-check them out. Lol recommending abs is nice lol but that's definitely not why i'm into kpop or the groups though it's a nice bonus.

i've also heard of this mirotic so i'll have to check that out too!

• LOL yes i hear so much about big bang, i've heard some of their music i believe i have heard his eyes nose and lips song too i'll have to re-check them out. Lol recommending abs is nice lol but that's definitely not why i'm into kpop or the groups though it's a nice bonus.

i've also heard of this mirotic so i'll have to check that out too!

Glad to hear you are not in it for the abs, sometimes it feels that I am the only guy that cares for the music. Nonetheless, still check out Bigbang, they have some great music.

The artist behind Mirotic, TVXQ are my personal favorites. Check out a lot of their earlier material, it is great.

• Glad to hear you are not in it for the abs, sometimes it feels that I am the only guy that cares for the music. Nonetheless, still check out Bigbang, they have some great music.

The artist behind Mirotic, TVXQ are my personal favorites. Check out a lot of their earlier material, it is great.

i think i have a song by tvxq that i really enjoy it took me forever to find it it's umm

Mirrors actually i don't think it's the same song

I love kpop for the music and the beats and the performances even though i don't understand a lick of korean lol

edit: mirotic is a really good song!

• Because of my TVXQ bias, I can name a lot of TVXQ songs. I think they only had one Mirrors though.

Some TVXQ suggestions to get started.

Probably a bit overwhelming, but check it out in your free time.

• not too over whelming i'm always up for checking out a group. I added mirotic to my play list it has a nice beat i really liked the vibe of it

• Nice! Glad you enjoyed Mirotic. TVXQ have such a vibrant discography with so many different styles, they are chameleons. Super Junior and SHINee are other such groups.

Super Junior i don' vibe with, their music isn't my taste, shinee does though I have an album of theirs and all their music on my play list i like their stuff :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!