How and when did you became a kpop fan ?

• First Kpop song I ever hear was BoA's Moto and second was Epik High's Paris I don't know what year that was, apparently it was hot songs at the time. I think I heard it on youtube. Now I know it was around 2005 or 2006 (just had a search on google).

It was 2012 when I started to really take interest in Kpop, local TV in New Zealand started to air Korean content on a free-to-air channel. It aired past rerun K dramas, old variety shows and Kpop news programs such as Pops In Seoul (host was NS Yoon G at the time) and even Inkigayo. SNSD, Wonder Girls and T-ara was the three major exposures I had.

It's funny cus I thought the first SNSD song I hear was Kissing You in 2012 on youtube but that's actually wrong, it was Gee on local TV in 2012 but I didn't take much notice at the time and didn't realize that Gee was SNSD's song lol.

It's probably the same year I found Allkpop, I remember SNSD TTS was promoting Twinkle at the time. DBSK was already split into TVXQ and JYJ and law suit going on, tension was still high . And the T-ara scandal happened, got engaged in fanwar defending T-ara and the rest is history.

Time moves forward memories are made..

• LMAOHFJDH DON'T SAY THAT I CAN'T-

They will be big someday, if they have you as a fan and support, they will make it! Pls continue to support them <3

Ateez babies :cheersc:

No no i love ateez to death but my other nugu loves: D-crunch, noir, e'last lol

• thank you for your answers, it's interesting to see your point of view :)

I should check out some former contents, it can be interesting!

real life is boring, my kpop world isn't :fingerk:

3fb056f0ba0d9cdc2e66fbb23373b8be4bddb42f.gifv

• Thank you!

of course there is a lot!!

What about you ? who do you stan, tell me your story if you find the time!! ;-)

BTS only!

STEP Let Butter melt your 💟 STEP Stan BTS STEP Visit bulletproof for fun & akorns!

image0.gif

• thank you for your answers, it's interesting to see your point of view :)

I should check out some former contents, it can be interesting!

Idk maybe that i am older now, and kpop boy groups are debuting way too young, that i feel not attracted to them lol. back then they were all older than me and 3rd gen were mostly about my age.

• i know i know, i understood who you were talking about when you said "nugu"!!

I should check them out, i only have heard of them when they debuted!

DO EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

• I know what you mean, thank you for your comment!

i feel you, bts was also the first artist that i really get into to the point i could say i'm a real fan, hope that you will get the chance to go to one of their concerts after all this covid situation, it's a whole new experience, i think i don't feel as much happy as a one of their concert, i got the chance to see them two times but for real it was the best nights of my life, i wish you to feel those inexplicables feelings! <3

oh My God! you are so lucky!!
    you met them twice??
    thank you, :pepelove1:

• I had a crush in about like errr freshman year I think. She liked kpop so I decided to study up. Didn't really work but at least I had enough knowledge to jump in and throw a few hits when a heated argument between fans came up. She liked bigbang at the time so that's the one that I jumped to and then I saw that boombayah was making rounds so I checked it too. I fell off of it but then I was reminded of it in passing somehow, I forgot. But then I found chungha then watched pd101 then I branched from there lmao.

Oh it's a funny way to get into it! You were really in love with her, that's sweet!

It's interesting the way even if you felt off of it, you still get into it some times later, like it was your destiny to be a kpop stan! thx queen chungha, you stayed for her as you should :smirks2:

• But they sadly disbanded in 2018 after being together for 16 years allready

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Oh wow 16 years, i am listening to the song at the same that, it's goes hard i loved it!

Hope that they will do a reunion for their 20 years!

Thank you for sharing it with me!

• Now i stan bts and like many gen 3rd idol groups

For new gen i listened few songs but not yet make any of them into in my bias list. There is no one bg in 4th gen that made me really really interested.

But i casual listener of few gg 4th gen

3rd gen idol groups are really something! being a casual listener is good as well :)

Someday maybe a group will debut and get your attention again hehe !

• Kinda similar start to you lol.

Kpop is pretty big (although not as big as today) here since before but I never got into it.

Im into anime for a long time. Then i started reading mangas. Then a few years later, i got fascinated with manhwas/webtoons since they're prettier to look at. I read on mobile so i mean its easier to read them with their larger panels and mobile friendly format. They also are colored most of the time. Around the same time, i got interested in kdramas so i started watching a lot. And then fast forward to 2019 during my freshman year of college. With the peer pressure from having lots of friends and classmates who are into kpop, + hearing kpop everywhere in public because it was around the time bts and blackpink and also twice made a comeback, + my brother himself was a twice fan too + being indulged in korea myself because of webtoon and kdrama,= I finally dove into the kpop rabbit hole starting with twice. Thats how I became a kpop fan.

:pepe-life-support:

What is your favorite anime and kdrama of all the time ? and at the moment ? IM INTERESTED ihi

In the past i also liked animes and mangas and i must agree many webtoons are more prettier to look!

Loving kdramas and webtoons and also having a once brother, you were destined to be a kpop fan!

• thank you, you're so sweet :pepecute:

I spent all my teenage years with Exo, and they gave me so many happy and good memories and were always a comfort for me, so i can't imagine someday not stanning them.

Sadly i've not meet them yet but hopefully someday :pepeflushed:

It's so incredible the way we can love and be so much attached, find happiness and comfort from people who are so far away omg :crys: I understand how you feel, i can't imagine myself not stanning bts either..

YOU WILL, YOU DEFINETLY WILL MEET THEM!

• That's amazing! You listened to both genre!

Which one do you prefer J-pop or K-pop or both ?

Kpop. Definitely. I do miss listening some artist like Saka Mayamoto or Utada Hikaru. Or Mika Nakashima. Interestingly I listened more female in jpop then male. For bg I only liked Kanjani8. The above female artist I can still listen when I feel like. The boys gave me cringe feelings.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!