The Offical YG News & Info Source: News, Updates, Projects for YG Artists, Actors, Models and YG businesses***June 1st Update***

• ***June 1st update. I'm turning this thread into any YG projects announcements. From endorsement deals of YG artists like BIGBANG, BLACKPINK, WINNER, iKON, TREASURE and AKMU. To announcements about YG's extensive actor and model rosters. As well as YG subsidiaries and other business announcements. ....Feel free to add any info you have here.

97.01 billion won ($85.6 million) in revenue in 1st Quarter 2021.

YG gained almost 100 billion won in market cap yesterday due to stocks surging from the news.

1st Quarter Operating Profit was 9.5 billion won.

1st Quarter Net Income was 6.3 billion won...

For comparison, net income for the entire 2020 was 9.4 billion. YG has made nearly its entire 2020 net income in the 1st quarter.

Experts expect YG to make profits of 30 billion won ($26.4 million) in 2021.

Source

2020 revenue was $225.3 million.

2021 revenue is expected to top $324 million and hit $428 million in 2022.

Source

0004928271_001_20210513081003445.jpg?type=w430

Experts stating the success of artists as well as more focused businesses of YG subsidiaries.

Also 10 billion won in outside investment in YG's newest subsidiary with Naver, 'YN Culture & Space' A real estate development company that will build a VFX/SFX studio for online contents such as concerts.

YG has also been investing in various companies such as a mask company, a food delivery app and Big Hit subsidiary Venew.

YGPlus also posted bigger numbers. Sales are up 39%.

YG Entertainment, operating profit of 9.5 billion won in the first quarter... Turning to the black in black pink

Input 2021.05.12 4:02 PM

[Joy News 24 Reporter Lee Mi-young] YG Entertainment turned to the black in the first quarter thanks to the activities of Black Pink Rose and Treasure.

YG Entertainment announced on the 12th that its operating profit on a consolidated basis in the first quarter turned to a profit of 9.533 billion won compared to the same period last year.

During the same period, sales were estimated to have increased by 84.3% to 97 billion won. Net income also turned to a surplus to 8.65 billion won.

YG Entertainment confirmed the strong global fandom with sales of 280,000 tickets for Black Pink's first online concert this year, and the initial sales of Rosé's solo album exceeding 450,000 copies. Treasure reached #1 on the Oricon album chart at the same time as its official debut in Japan at the end of March.

Black Pink and Big Bang comebacks are expected in the second half of the year.

Source

[Exclusive] YG Entertainment, broadcasting and entertainment stocks ranked #1 in expected sales growth in 1Q this year.

[The Value News = Reporter Lee A-Hyun]

Among the broadcasting entertainment stocks in the Korean stock market, YG Entertainment (122870) (YG Entertainment, CEO Hwang Bo-kyung) was surveyed as the number one company in the first quarter of this year.

year.

According to a survey by the Buffett Research Institute specializing in corporate analysis

YG Entertainment, which ranked No. 1, operates a record and management business that plans, produces, and distributes albums. Major artists include Black Pink, Big Bang, Icon, and Winner.

Source

...YG Stocks Surged 7%...

YG Entertainment's share price jumped 7.23% (3,000 won) and closed at 44,500 won. YG Entertainment announced its consolidated earnings for the first quarter on the same day, but turned to profit with operating profit of 9.5 billion won.

Source

Asian economy

Wizwick Studio-NP, invested in a total content space business company'YN Culture & Space'Source

E0HCiQQUUAABd_m.jpg

Asian economy

[Asia Economy Reporter Yoo Hyun-seok]

Wizwick Studio (hereinafter referred to as Wizwick) and Wizwick's subsidiary'NP' developed a multi-purpose studio with YG Entertainment and Naver's joint venture'YN CULTURE & SPACE (hereinafter referred to as YNC&S )'. Create the basis for content creation.

Wiziwick announced on the 29th that it plans to invest a total of 10 billion won in YNC&S.

YNC&S is a joint venture established by YG Entertainment and Naver for studio development in August last year. Through this investment, Wiziwick and NP will participate as co-operators of the multi-purpose studio development project that YG and Naver are promoting in the Uijeongbu City Complex Cultural Convergence Complex (Rhythm City) project site.

Each company is planning to create a global content creation ecosystem by building a cutting-edge infrastructure that will create synergy between content and entertainment businesses based on the know-how accumulated while aiming for the best in business areas such as content, platform, and future technology.

Wiziwick is based on CG·VFX (computer graphic·visual special effects) technology, from original content production companies such as movies and dramas to subsidiaries'Raemon Lane (drama producer)','Image NineComs (general broadcasting program producer)','NP. (Brand Experience New Media Contents Production Company), etc.

Wiziwick recently succeeded in attracting 45 billion won in investment from Com2uS . Wiziwick and Com2uS plan to expand game IP (intellectual property rights) to movies, dramas, performances, and exhibitions, and produce multi-contents that incorporate metaverse technologies such as augmented, virtual, and mixed ( AR, VR, XR ) reality.

Wiziwick and YNC&S plan to contribute to the activation of global content production through active industry-academia cooperation with broadcasting and art schools. An official from YNC&S said, “Each company is planning to create a global content production ecosystem by building a cutting-edge infrastructure that will create synergy between the content and entertainment business based on the know-how accumulated by aiming to be the best in business fields such as content, platform, and future technology.” It is meaningful in that it establishes an infrastructure and R&D center that can lead the creation of an ecosystem .”

An official from Wiziwick said, “This YNC&S equity investmentThe significance of the creation of a state-of-the-art multipurpose studio that incorporates the original content production pipeline based on CG and VFX , NP's new media production and planning capabilities and virtual production operation technology, YG Entertainment's global artist content, and universities' research and experimentation sites in one place. There is” he explained.

“We will lead the innovation of the content industry in the global market through organic collaboration and industry-university exchanges between each business based on the production infrastructure that meets the elevated status of K Contents.” It is part of the project to do it.”

Source

YG Ombudsman: I correct misinformation with facts and numbers, not opinions. Unless I know you I don't read responses to my posts, so don't quote me unless I've conversed with you in the past.

Favorite YG Producers: Rovin, Millennium, Future Bounce

1605128282-image.png1606716115-20201130-yg.jpg

Edited 9 times, last by Blue2012 ().

• There seems to be confusion on the ownership breakdown of YGPlus.

The top 3 investors in YGPlus is as follows:

YGE -37.63%

Weverse - 17.92%

Yang Minseok (YG's brother) - 8.17%

Source

YGPlus began digital and physical distribution for Big Hit artists starting in the 2nd Quarter.

YGPlus is a publicly traded subsidiary of YG and includes YGKPlus (model management), VIBE (streaming platform owned with Naver), YG Sports (professional athlete mgmt.), YG Select (merchandise mgmt.), Moonshot Cosmetics, YG Ads,YG investments.

EsunGHOUwAMSM4d.jpg

Eye News 24

YG PLUS, operating profit of 1.4 billion won in the first quarter... Succeeded in turning into a surplus

[INews 24 Reporter Daun Kim] YG PLUS (YG Plus) announced on the 12th that its consolidated operating profit in the first quarter of this year turned to a surplus of 1.42 billion won.

Based on consolidated financial statements in the first quarter of 2021, sales increased 39.04% year-on-year to 26.98 billion won, and net income turned to a surplus to 3,242 million won.

The company said, "In spite of the traditional off-season, we achieved meaningful results by increasing sales of music and official merchandise (MD) according to artist activities, performance in financial investment business, and reorganization of deficit businesses."

0000598208_001_20210512142603474.jpg?type=w430

YGplus logo [Image = YGplus]

The same period last year sales of 191 billion 10 million won 3, lost sales is 10 billion 1000 7 200 is significantly improved figures compared to what was recorded yuan.

These results are explained as the result of the company's efforts to expand its flagship business and improve profitability. It can be interpreted that it contributed to the improvement of profitability by reorganizing subsidiaries with sluggish profitability and reorganizing them to focus on the entertainment business.

Entertainment-related businesses such as music, MD , and advertisements grew to 66 % of total sales on a consolidated basis in 2020 , and recorded 80 % of total sales as of the first quarter of this year. The company said, " Although there are still uncertain situations such as the prolongation of Corona 19 , we will accelerate the expansion of the entertainment business from this year and realize meaningful growth based on the stable foundation we have built up so far."

Meanwhile, YG PLUS began distribution of albums and music sources for Hive (formerly Big Hit) and affiliates in the second quarter of this year. According to Hive , major artists such as BTS and Tomorrow by Together are expected to be active in the second quarter .

Source

YG Ombudsman: I correct misinformation with facts and numbers, not opinions. Unless I know you I don't read responses to my posts, so don't quote me unless I've conversed with you in the past.

Edited 2 times, last by Blue2012 ().

• ..Also 10 billion won in outside investment in YG's newest subsidiary with Naver, 'YN Culture & Space' A real estate development company that will build a VFX/SFX studio for online contents such as concerts...

If they do it right, this is going to be..

DOPE!!

• If they do it right, this is going to be..

DOPE!!

YG Entertainment recently purchased 22,000 square meter of land for tourist facilities in the complex with Uijeongbu Rhythm City Co., Ltd., the developer of the complex cultural convergence complex.

EpzQZYYXIAAnX4m.jpg

It'll be a performance venue and there will probably be tv shows and online contents there. But will be primarily used for concerts.

We'll find out. I personally think it will spell the end of music shows as labels take more control of their content. Labels lashed out against music shows doing so many fancams. Music shows are basically profiting of the views when labels themselves can produce it and make the profit off of it themselves.

YG basically said 3 years ago that music shows were becoming outdated. BIGBANG didn't want to do them their last comeback. GD didn't go at all on his last comeback.

Edited once, last by Blue2012 ().

• easy to top sales growth when your starting point is rock bottom.

2020 revenue

SM - $511.8 million

YG - $225.3 million

JYP- $127.5 million

Everyone was hit hard in 2020 during the pandemic.

• The song that was playing in my head while waiting for more responses: "This Ain’t a Scene, It’s An Arms Race (Fallout Boy)"! It's exactly what it is! It may not completely end the "show scene", but it WILL change it.

• Who cares about beating that company with no sustainability in view.

Giving their artists with minimal promotion and once they are done, dump them to the side.

JYP is like fast foods companies. They only massive produce cheap food to get highest profits. Don't worry about them JYP will never become top company.

• Watch this thread not go past the first page.

Not at all. I'll use this thread for updates on finances and YG projects such as the new VFX studio. This will be a safe space that fans of YG artists can ask genuine questions or get real information.

Will also use this thread for educational purposes b/c as you can tell, many Kpop fans don't know or aren't aware of how this all works. There's a lot of disinformation and false perceptions out there, particularly when it comes to YG.

As you see I source all my info with actual numbers, articles and reports...not Twitter where false narratives get started.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!