Why do aespa stans try to deny blackpink influence on aespa when SM itself is openly pushing them as "Next BlackPink"

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

From article

"8. They’re being called the new Blackpink. Though different in concept and style, fans are already drawing complimentary comparisons to Blackpink. And there’s always room for more fierce females!"

sm is publicly sharing articles calling aespa new blackpink, they can't be more obvious. Fans should stop denying.

• honestly it's not bad to say there is a bit of inspiration I saw this on my TL and I see a bit of HYLT teaser vibes as long as people don't degrade them also many blinks actually like them.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• honestly it's not bad to say there is a bit of inspiration I saw this on my TL and I see a bit of HYLT teaser vibes as long as people don't degrade them also many blinks actually like them.

a bit??? it’s pretty obvious...

• Official Post

Does BP have an Avatar-inspired/gaming concept? No. Does BP release pop music with hip-hop/EDM influences(like with Black Mamba)? No. Forever sounds NOTHING like a BP song.

I'm only a casual follower of aespa but some of you are annoying. There are groups who are BLATANT copies of BP but y'all ignore them. And you guys do this to every new group. GIDLE, ITZY, Everglow, etc all got the 'BLACKPINK 2.0' accusations and alot of them are nothing like BP.

I said this before, there might be some influences(and I won't deny it, they look at little similar) but trying to reach and connect every little thing that Aespa does to BP is not it.

And do you really think some SM intern is going to take the time to read the entire article? No, they're obviously going to repost any article that puts aespa in a positive light.

Now watch some someone come in and drag BP for being "2NE1 2.0"....most BLINKs literally do not care. I swear, some of you are acting like the 2nd gen stans you claim to hate.

• Nothing wrong with objectively seeing similarities and I do believe companies study most popular group’s careers to use the best possible approach for them. Saying SM take inspiration from Bp isn’t a bad thing (they can be planning to do what they did with rv or what yg did with bp sometimes) just like how most 9-members groups were inspired from SNSD. It’s getting stupid when people link every single detail about Aespa to blackpink like their hairstyles and expressions. This is when it becomes annoyingly tiring and this is what’s happening rn.

lt64IYu.gif

We'll know Teddy is time travelers. He went bck to release hylt after get inspire by next Aespa combacke

• AMEN!

Whoever says Aespa and Everglow copied BlackPink, I'm gonna slap the Blackpink out of you!

✧ "Got no time for haters 모두 다 집어치워 버려" ✧

• theres some influence from just the mechanics of the teaser, but people are really, I mean reallllllly making it seem like Aespa is copying BP's imprint/whole being.

generally when you make that statement, the styling and concept should be the same. Here, it isn't. Just small things.

yeah I agree saying they are copying it it's too much. we still haven't seen the whole video

I doubt it's gonna be super similar either.

• ^^^^ this

• I really dont understand why fans get so upset when people point out that their faves are inspired or derived from something or someone else. I mean, we are all human, we are all inspired and affected by the stuff that we've seen and experienced. How do y'all think something becomes a trend in the first place? People see someone doing something successful and then everyone else tries to emulate it. That's literally what trendy means.

It happens EVERYWHERE. Hair metal blew up in the mid 1980s and for 5 straight years, we had hundreds of hair metal bands releasing albums until that asshole Cobain ruined it for everyone with that grunge crap. Mumble rap came out and BAM, everyone and their mother were rapping like this. The same thing can easily happen in Kpop. BP blew up huge with D4 and BAM, you had Itzy and Everglow come out the year after, plus probably a dozen other nugu girl crush groups.

Even BP themselves can be seen as 2NE1 V2.0, both are girl crush groups with the same producer behind the scenes.

Personally i think Aespa is a supercharged version of BP, Black Mamba was like a BP song but turned up to 1000, the visuals, the heavy EDM, it was an explosion for the eyes and the ears. Their stylistic elements also remind me of K/DA.

• I think BP inspired a lot of 4th gen ggs in general. Girl crush suddenly exploding after years of cute concept being the trend didn't just happen out of nowhere.

Why do non-blinks keep bringing this Aespa-copying-Blackpink thing up over and over again? Blinks either don't care about Aespa or like them

• I was just scrolling down the threads in the main forum and amused to see the multitude of pressed threads (again) about aespa.

I've been a kpop fan since like 09, this aint nothing :pepe-hehe: People used to post pics of 2ne1 with no makeup on and go on and on about how they looked like trolls :peperain: trolls would have the girls no makeup pics as their icons and just say the foulest things.

• YG people were also frequently sharing articles comparing Blackpink to BTS .

That didn't make Blackpink the 'new BTS' :siptear::eyebrowsr:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Cause SM and thier minions always act like they are original and unique but after get exposed so many time they feel embarrassing and try to avoid the truth.

• I really honestly don’t see any influence whatsoever. Aespa and Blackpink are both taking on entirely different concepts. And even if there are similarities, I don’t think it really matters.

They are both aiming for the international crowd with concepts that appeal to westerners. SM made similar comparisons with BTS. Obviously these namedrops are for hype/media play. All companies do this, so it's not the end of the world just because SM is doing it

• How exactly

1. Does Blackpink have AI i don't think so

2. Does BP concept focus on Cyberpunk, digital concept, i don't think so

3. Does BP concept teaser, are center on Fantasy/ digital , i don't think so

4. Aespa is a GG who focus on Vocals more than anything, which isn't the case of Blackpink, they use a lot of harmony in the background, their members are train to be solid vocalist

5. Aespa are creating a story/ a universe , it's not the case of Blackpink

6. Aespa have one chinese and One japanese member, I don't think blackpink have any

7. also all of you saying that Blackpink could have release Black mamba, prove that you don't even know what you are talking about -_-

Blackpink sound is heavily focus on Hip hop influence, with pop influence

when Black mamba is an Electropop song with pop and edm elements

You call yourself blinks but don't even know Half of the influence in Blackpink sound -_-

8. Even their filmography influence are different -_-

Blackpink MV are darker in the color scheme that they use

meanwhile Aespa is colorful very vibrant color

So basically what you are saying the only thing similar between Aespa and Blackpink

is that they are a kpop group of 4 members, who sing and dance x))))))))))))))))))

LMAOOO you're all becoming more and more pathetic everyday , you need to take a break from AKP -_-

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• They are both aiming for the international crowd with concepts that appeal to westerners. SM made similar comparisons with BTS. Obviously these namedrops are for hype/media play. All companies do this, so it's not the end of the world just because SM is doing it

Okay?? I know it’s not the end of the world that SM is doing this. I personally don’t think it’s a big deal if Aespa is inspired by them, because everyone is inspired by someone. But people are pushing this false narrative that Aespa is a carbon copy of BLACKPINK which makes zero sense. That’s my issue. Not the other topic you mentioned.

• This thread contains 53 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!