sm is trash for doing this

• their intentions when it comes to exo have become so obvious and honestly it’s just pathetic. sm knows that despite being a decade old and with countless scandals over the years, exo is still at the top of their game and very much relevant. even their hiatus of one and a half year didnt hurt them one bit but instead they’re still gaining fans... this doesn’t sit well with this trash company. they don’t want exo possibly outselling and overshadowing their newer boy group so instead they fuck up their album production just like they did during the obsession era in which they ended up selling only 800k bc of restocking issues. if one member can sell a million albums do you really think the whole group wouldn’t be able to sell over 2M????? i think they just want to give everyone the impression that exo is falling behind and over when it’s as far from the truth as possible.

honestly big congrats to dream for selling nearly 2M in preorders alone. their gaon update will be really high. but nct and exo can peacefully coexist together. isn’t it better having two groups selling millions than one?? i don’t know why sm would want to sabotage one group to push the other because it just doesn’t work that way and makes no sense???? nct is doing so well on their own and they’ve made a name for themselves in the industry. all the people who shit talked by calling them the first flop sm boy group are eating their words up. i underestimated them too and for that i apologize. but why is exo still being punished???? do they not want exo to reclaim their title of having sm’s best selling album?? they could easily do over 2M this comeback had sm not fucked them over. idk man i have a soft spot for exo and it’s making me pissed...

• Then people will use this as sign that EXO can't sell more or has fallen off.

It takes the whole fcking industry and their own company to sabotage them and stop them from selling millions and getting awards.

Even in this situation, EXO members tells us not to buy more than 1 album and buy padding jackets for winter and stuff like that, they have been telling that since DMUMT era.

I am fucking pissed at this mismanagement.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• Tbf, SM has understocking issues for every group. They always underestimate.

it isn’t even about under stocking anymore. they literally cut down the extra versions after people had ordered. i don’t think any other group of theirs has been mistreated as badly as exo has when it comes to album management.

• People are always mad at the companies for something

you seriously don’t understand how shitty this is. this isn’t about wearing ugly ass clothes in concept pictures or one member getting less lines and screen time, it’s a lot more serious than that.

• I heard about this before but seems like it happened again.

If it will happen to my fave, I'll be pissed off too.

i just feel bad for the fans. you wait over a year for your group to make a comeback and then they’re blatantly getting mistreated by their own company. and not only once but repeatedly

• I think they have a good reason to be mad.

Yeah, if you feel that way then sure

you seriously don’t understand how shitty this is. this isn’t about wearing ugly ass clothes in concept pictures or one member getting less lines and screen time, it’s a lot more serious than that.

I do get it, I never said it wasn't bad, I just pointed out that everyone is always mad at the companies for something, they can't do anything right

• Yeah, if you feel that way then sure

I do get it, I never said it wasn't bad, I just pointed out that everyone is always mad at the companies for something, they can't do anything right

they should just hire some fans to do their work, i feel like they know a lot better

• i just feel bad for the fans. you wait over a year for your group to make a comeback and then they’re blatantly getting mistreated by their own company. and not only once but repeatedly

right like sm was shady as it is but the went to far when they repeatedly mistreat exo like

they are the most hardworking group there (nct too) so why would you treat them wrong? :pepenomad:

• Having 2 versions instead of 7 is mismanagement?

Today I learned BH mismanaged BTS for years and just last autumn started mistreating them again. And poor TXT only escaped mismanagement with their latest album.

And all the other groups, for whom 2 versions is the norm....

• Yes... Why is SM restricting EXO's selling power instead of encouraging and boosting it?! Does that sound good for EXO?! Why shouldn't EXO sell more?!

Right. You guys are acting like a business (SM), is purposely stopping one of their groups from brining in more money to their company?

Like everyone talked about SM being crazy and overworking EXO during debut and now EXO-Ls are switching it up and acting like SM doesn’t care about money? But simply just want to fuck over EXO?

Sounds like a logical conclusion to make :pepe-clown-gear:

Today I learned BH mismanaged BTS for years and just last autumn started mistreating them again. And poor TXT only escaped mismanagement with their latest album.

Announcing 7 covers and suddenly reducing it to 2 IS mismanagement... And also, idk about your groups, but EXO's fandom is very solo driven rn. And it makes more sense to release individual covers, because it will sell more and SM should know this very well... Many ppl cancelled their preorders and numbers on sites actually decreased instead of increasing, awhile ago... So yeah. It is mismanagement.

Edited once, last by mari1992 ().

It wouldn't be a problem If was announced since the beggining. Obsession started having 2 versions before they release an extra version later and we didn't mind. The problem is other. The fans have orded x versions, because they were paying for more covers and made their planejament based on that. Now EXO's is suffering returns because of the new annoucement and the sales started decreasing in Ktown...

• Right. You guys are acting like a business (SM), is purposely stopping one of their groups from brining in more money to their company?

Like everyone talked about SM being crazy and overworking EXO during debut and now EXO-Ls are switching it up and acting like SM doesn’t care about money? But simply just want to fuck over EXO?

Sounds like a logical conclusion to make :pepe-clown-gear:

Ok, then give me ONE logical explanation, why SM isn't using EXO's full selling potential to "make more money"?

• We've waited 18 months for this cb and after a day preorders are open there is a manufacturer issue. So professional of them indeed. If they had announced there will be 2 covers from the beginning it wouldn't be a big issue. We are not even asking for more we just want them to do their job right. This is why it's frustrating. Non fans have no right to tell us otherwise. Go mind your own business

• Announcing 7 covers and suddenly reducing it to 2 IS mismanagement... And also, idk about your groups, but EXO's fandim is very solo driven rn. And it makes more sense to release individual covers, because it will sell more and SM should know this very well... Many ppl cancelled their preorders and numbers on sites actually decreased instead of increasing, awhile ago... So yeah. It is mismanagement.

They didn't announce 7 versions, it was an online retailer that did it and then doubled down. How do you know it wasn't their mistake? None of SM groups released individual covers for years. Besides, when NCT Dream's album first went on preorders there was only one version in the online retailer but when SM released the album details it turned out there was actually 3, which means these online retailers don't necessarily know the details and number of covers when they put albums up for preorders. It seems like you all bought something that didn't exist to begin with.

Anyway, SM obviously no longer prioritise EXO and one can easily argue that they don't try with their promotions and marketing anymore, minimising efforts to maximise profits, but to argue that they're purposely trying to stop them from selling and making money is nonsensical. This is a made-up issue.

Reducing the number of versions without any prior notice and people had placed their orders for individual covers (There is a difference between Cover and Versions, I thought you knew since you always keep with SM's day-to-day activaties) is mismanagement.

Also, Really unnecessary comment. Posts like this escalate the drama.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• It wouldn't be a problem If was announced since the beggining. Obsession started having 2 versions before they release an extra version later and we didn't mind. The problem is other. The fans have orded x versions, because they were paying for more covers and made their planejament based on that. Now EXO's is suffering returns because of the new annoucement and the sales started decreasing in Ktown...

That is an issue of consumer protection imo, if they made false advertisements and fans actually paid for albums that will not be made. I hope they can at least get refunds, but SM still held onto the money with no fees under false pretenses. But I still fail to see how its mistreatment of EXO. Its mistreatment of customers/exols if anything. Its not like its a surprise SM is unethical.

• At this point I'm just so furious, it's not the first time this happened.

funny how nobody else had manufacturing problems with their albums until it's time for Exo to have a comeback...

I dont even expect any kind of statement from sm because its clear they dont care

How to say you hate exo without saying you hate exo :pepecry:

No Thoughts Head empty, only Baekhyun

F0CgG2zaUAIMXea?format=jpg&name=4096x4096  F0CgG2zaUAERynm?format=jpg&name=4096x4096  F0CgG2xagAEwdCR?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

• They didn't announce 7 versions, it was an online retailer that did it and then doubled down. How do you know it wasn't their mistake? None of SM groups released individual covers for years. Besides, when NCT Dream's album first went on preorders there was only one version in the online retailer but when SM released the album details it turned out there was actually 3, which means these online retailers don't necessarily know the details and number of covers when they put albums up for preorders. It seems like you all bought something that didn't exist to begin with.

Anyway, SM obviously no longer prioritise EXO and one can easily argue that they don't try with their promotions and marketing anymore, minimising efforts to maximise profits, but to argue that they're purposely trying to stop them from selling and making money is nonsensical. This is a made-up issue.

Adding versions or covers is always welcome but reducing is not.

Also, Similar thing happened with Obsession and Super Junior's Time Slip. SM ain't slick

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• That is an issue of consumer protection imo, if they made false advertisements and fans actually paid for albums that will not be made. I hope they can at least get refunds, but SM still held onto the money with no fees under false pretenses. But I still fail to see how its mistreatment of EXO. Its mistreatment of customers/exols if anything. Its not like its a surprise SM is unethical.

Because its ultimately EXO who ends up having less sales than what they have potential of getting.

It's simple logic.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• People are always mad at the companies for something

Well, absolutely no one had problems with how DMUMT/Love Shot era (except for poor promotions, but that's a discussion for another day). Everything went perfect and they got 1.1M pre-orders. There wasn't much shipping delays (like Obsession) or restocking problem (Although I will say, SM didn't restock much after February 2019).

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• This thread contains 62 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!