Top 5 Girl groups digitally now?

• Cry for Me wasn't targeted for Korea as far as I'm aware. And it's not a title track.

If you're trying to get me to change my opinion, I'm not going to.

Song is a pre release. Same as Dingga. I don't see any difference. It has korean lyrics and was promoted too

You can have your opinion but Mamamoo still a little above Twice if we count every single comeback since 2019

• Song is a pre release. Same as Dingga. I don't see any difference. It has korean lyrics and was promoted too

You can have your opinion but Mamamoo still a little above Twice if we count every single comeback since 2019

especially taking hip into consideration... that song sticked to the charts for AGES... i hope taste of love overturns their streak

• is there even a sense of tanking those this way? Just write top 6 / big 6

• Looks like we can update this soon as Mamamoo is also coming back if necessary.

■■■■■■■■□□□ 𝓢𝓔𝓔𝓤𝓝 □□□■■■■■■■■

0032d3e09166cb9a968ac75ab188ee513bc60563.gifv 6d8dfa2357ab0fdf5eaeb13dd6f7ce62bb23689d.gifv 83e7fb07461095e0251d47aebcc2c6cfcba8a272.gifv

• I think this is hard to determine because some people are going off recent hits while others are going off now as in a state of consistency.

Personally, I wouldn’t put Brave Girls on the list. They just had their breakout hit with Rollin & We Ride is riding off that hype. I would say you’ll need at least 2 more comebacks to really know if they are a digital force. Plus, I think TWICE should make an appearance because they have more hits than misses (and MMM and RV have some misses too that Twice didn’t have until FS/ICSM)

Personally, I think state of consistency matters more for now so

1. BLACKPINK

2/3/4. Twice/Mamamoo/Red Velvet (RV hasn’t had a comeback in a while but Psycho was massive, Mamamoo has some consistency and Twice obviously does well with majority of their promoted material so I think they’re interchangeable at the moment.)

4. Oh My Girl

5. Itzy

Brave Girls will land high after a time of digital consistency among comebacks.

• Hun, in case you missed the point of the thread

OP actually asked about "now", not overall consistency

Of course it is sensible to put Brave Girl into the picture as their next release is definitely gonna be a hit. Also, it makes 100% sense to take into account performance of latest releases.

Putting Twice, Red velvet up there just because of their previous hit which was 2 years+ ago, doesnt make sense to me. OMG just landed their latest song on #11 melon. That's impressive and certainly put them over the two for now (until their comeback outdo Omg)

• I am surprised at no Brave girls, 2 songs are smashing the charts, perhaps the time frame is too short as of now, I would imagine eventually they will be on the top 5 or top 3 on the list.

Edit: Nevenmind, I see that it is a 2020 list.

I will let my self out.

• If we say right now! as in 2021, then no doubt it is brave girls #1.

So

1. Brave girls (Who may become Momoland for all we know, but they are smashing 2021 so far)

2. BlackPink (Mostly because of Rose solo, has BP released a song this year?, I know that they are the only girl group capable of matching Brave girls)

3. O.M.G, Dun Dun Dance is #2 on the I-chart, matching Rose from BP, I guess this proves they are not 1 hit wonders.

No clue about anyone else, I guess Mamammo, Itzy, G-idle or Twice. for the other spots.

Again this is 2021 only.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

https://www.instiz.net/spage/8

• Yes I think time frames are very important.

Brave girls may go away as suddenly just as they came up, we do not know, but we can not deny that their songs are smashing all kinds of digital records.

So if we are doing currently, as in say the last 365 days, then it is hard to argue that any Girl Group has been as successful as Brave girls digitally, B.P. is the only group that can be argued may be superior/equal.

• If it's based on now then

1. Brave Girls - they have two songs in the top 5

2. BP - Rosé charted quite high

3. Oh My Girl - just entered top 10

4. Itzy - reached top 12

5. Gidle - reached top 15

Can't say yet about all the other groups cause Wendy and Wheein did poorly to represent the group. We'll definitely have a better picture by the end of the year. I have a feeling Brave Girls, BP, and OMG will still maintain the top 3 spots

In korea, Blackpink's fandom or gp's attentions are not so huge as the international fans think while OMG's popularity from gp can't be ignored.

I know OMG'S global influences are a joke. But If you look into their chart records, it is obvious OMG'S chart performances are more impressive than blackpink's

*2020 melon yearly chart ranking*

9th Red velvet (19' song - Psycho)

11 Bts

12 Bts

13 Omg - Nonstop

16 Blackpink - How you like that

20 Bts

22 Omg - Dolphin

29 Mamamoo

44 Bts

52 Izone

53 Itzy

*Today's melon 24hit ranking*

Omg 8, 34, 53

Blackpink 26, 58

Brave girls 1, 4

Rollin is a top contender for 2021 yearly music chart no.1 song. It's fandom is already one of the biggest in korea. Brave brothers made his life song for this summer. Koreans are ready to love it.

3. Blackpink

4. Mamamoo

5. Itzy

JYP ruined it's comback but watch the chart, GP still likes the girls.

IMG_20210514_113211.jpgIMG_20210514_113301.jpgIMG_20210514_113341.jpg

• Is it really fair to compare omg's early 2020 release with bp's october comeback? It's obvious they would have more points accumulated. Peaks should also be taken into account

comparing todays rankings is even weirder, since omg just released an album while bp last one was in 2020. Maybe you could add Rose's solo to make it more fair.

BP were able to chart almost all (or all) their album's tracks on melon, omg usually charts only two/three songs? So BP have the upper hand when it comes to album digital sales

• Is it really fair to compare omg's early 2020 release with bp's october comeback? It's obvious they would have more points accumulated. Peaks should also be taken into account

comparing todays rankings is even weirder, since omg just released an album while bp last one was in 2020. Maybe you could add Rose's solo to make it more fair.

BP were able to chart almost all (or all) their album's tracks on melon, omg usually charts only two/three songs? So BP have the upper hand when it comes to album digital sales

Blackpink also ended up getting the most digital points for a song with HYLT despite being released after nonstop. They also have the most digital points for all songs combined in 2020.

In a few more weeks dolphin will probably pass it but HYLT has held that title since the start of this year.

• 1. BP's korean fandom ain't that big, we all know that, BP's main digital power comes from the gp because they have the gp attention, they actually were the only gg who entered in the top 10 of melon 24th chart, last year and maintained themselves there for more than a month, even in 2021 they are the gg with most digitals points if i am not correct, the gp attention is on BP. Plus they ranked 2 songs on gallup songs above OMG and was the highest placed gg, which is totally gp conducted btw.

2. The melon yearly isn't accurate because OMG did their comeback on april, BP first comeback was in June and HYLT still managed to be 3 spots before Nonstop, and had a much bigger peak, also it was certified 2 months faster than Nonstop and has more uls as of today and has more likes than it too, now Dolphin does have more longevity but it hasn't reached HYLT at least when it comes to uls and digital points.

3.LSG wasn't able to chart much higher due it being released on october, yet still reached half of the points of nonstop and now still on 2021 top 3 most gaon digital index for a gg, plus it broken the melon record of most week in the top10 by a gg, and will likely ending up winning the longevity career.

4. The today's ranking of OMG 2020 title tracks is totally boosted by their comeback, but yet they still haven't surpased LSG, and Nonstop only surpassed HYLT by 5 spots but in terms of uls they are pretty much the same cause they have a difference of 2k. DX3 is 8 with 220k uls, LSG started with 290k uls when the chartes were even more dead than 2021 because they release in a holiday, and OTG started with 400k uls, so no BP is 2nd or even 1 tied with Brave Girls

• basically cherry picking information tbh.

OMG had their best year last year, and good for them, but they still could not beat Blackpink in total digital points in the year despite having released earlier and having 2 huge hits.

Dk how u actually come to the conclusion that they dont have gp attention because they have 2 songs in the top 10 of gallup last year. A survey conducted on the GP for their top songs last year. No other ggs even had 1. They're also 3rd in the artist poll. Their fandom size was never known to be strong in korea but yet they chart their entire album inside the melon top 100, something no other gg has done.

And just to show the longetivity you want to compare:

Best late 2019/2020 Gg Songs' digital points in the 32nd week(which is how many weeks LSG is out):

LSG: 10.9Million

Psycho: 10.7Million

Dolphin: 10.6Million

HYLT: 8.3Million

Nonstop: 7.9Million

Hip:7.8Million

Again, OMG is huge now, and deservedly really. But there is a reason why ppl put Blackpink at the top, at least for now

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!