Top 5 Girl groups digitally now?

• It happens all the time, for example Apink, AOA, Girls Day. Just that in recent years, the GP dont seem to vibe well with idol groups while the kpop niche is dominated by popular groups/big names.

The last breakthrough we had was Momoland and they only lasted for 2 hits.

• see my post in page 2 . I always put GIDLE in top 5 but their spotify listener might be inflated by KDA. And your list missing ITZY

• Thanks bud. Yep Kura Kura, Twice's latest release did extremely well for an unpromoted song. It was 17 on billboard japan aswell ^_^

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's what the song deserve. Also Twice.

• Not Moomoos downplaying Red Velvet while simultaneously trying to pretend like Wheein didn't flop lmao If at least Mamamoo sold albums maybe then they could try coming for Seulrene and Wendy. It's been 7 years and still the same inferiority complex

Man you're talking as if Mamamoo had horrible album sales lol. RV album sales is closer to Mamamoo than to the really higher tier groups in this department like BP, Twice and IZ-ONE.

And Wheein did flop domestically in charts with her recent album but she already had songs that charted #1. I'm pretty sure she could easily charted higher with a ballad.

• I mentioned debut. None debuted top10. Mamamoo entered top10 but didn't debut there. Same for itzy.

Just want to point out that no one really debut in top10 nowadays after melon reform. Groups take at least 2 hours to even enter top100. Not even IU debut in 1st hour on top10

maybe daily chart, but depending on time of release too

• see my post in page 2 . I always put GIDLE in top 5 but their spotify listener might be inflated by KDA. And your list missing ITZY

True, participation with KDA might have boosted (G)I-dle's Spotify listeners numbers. I see Soyeon's and Miyeon's support with K/DA more as brilliant promotion and advertisement for (G)I-dle.

As for ITZY, I wasn't even aware their monthly listeners had reached those heights?! That's really impressive for a 4th gen group.

They did have a recent comeback though, comebacks usually boost monthly listeners with 1-2 million (or more). But still, impressive nonetheless.

edit: did some googling, ITZY's monthly listeners was at 3.5 million end of February this year (before their comeback), which is already more than most 3rd gen groups, incl Top 10 ones.

• Brave Girls

Blackpink

Oh My Girl

Mamamoo

Twice

Red Velvet needs to do it again it's been so long. But if they do they're shooting right back up. And everyone saying it's too early for Brave Girls apparently has no conception of how insanely famous they are in Korea right now. Rollin' and We Ride are both massive hits right now, literally every Korean person I've talked to knows those songs. The hype for their next single is going to be insane. Those two and Oh My Girl are easily the three most popular groups with the GP right now, pretty much everyone knows the individual members of all three groups which is very rare for kpop groups these days.

• I find it weird that you put RV so high

RV in the past has been hit or miss, they werent consistent

thats why, like with mamamoo if they release a good song it'll defs be a hit. mamamoo also didnt do as well with dinga

with itzy/gidle even if they release a good song it'll be a moderate hit like a bad song

twice released icsm and the koreans slept on it so i dont think even if they release a good song it'll be more than a moderate hit

»» make a wish upon the moon, youre just a little different from others ««

cb9f28e5dacce95e6e29171ff72cc406.gif

• Total Digital Points from the top 200 of the 2020 Yearly Gaon Digital Chart (I'm to lazy to sum over all months and even more over all weeks)

1. Oh My Girl: 1,178,182,476
    2. Blackpink: 1,098,736,404
    3. Twice: 764,530,363
    4. Itzy: 718,605,154
    5. Red Velvet: 693,910,356
    6. MAMAMOO: 669,122,542

If anyone wants a more correct month by month or even week by week, feel free to do it. Or ask massive for the numbers.

Edit: more accurate version from the top 1000.

2020 Girl Group Cumulative Digital Points

• 1. BlackPink - 1,433,455,863 (12 songs)
    • 2. Oh My Girl - 1,251,102,188 (5 songs)
    • 3. Mamamoo - 758,368,792 (5 songs)
    • 4. Twice - 753,299,906 (8 songs)
    • 5. ITZY - 740,875,128 (4 songs)
    • 6. Red Velvet - 721,952,443 (5 songs)
    • 7. IZ*ONE - 651,676,087 (22 songs)
    • 8. (G)I-DLE - 432,268,348 (4 songs)
  • this list is about accumulated digital points over each group’s entire lifespan, which doesn’t reflect their current performance aka what op is asking for. You don’t see gfriend popping up in this thread for a reason even tho they do appear in that list :pepe-life-support:

I didn't say anything, I'm just sharing the information I found.

And this about the number of streams I don't know how it works in Korea, I'm not Korean anyway.

Some people here should also stop talking like they know everything about Koreans' opinion because they have seen statistics on Twitter.

The # 1 ranked artist in my country on spotify is only known to people who are between 10 and 25 years old, otherwise no one knows him. It's probably the same everywhere in the world.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!