Will BlackPink or Twice ever win Daesang Album of the Year?

• Girls Generation is still the ONLY girl group to have done this.

I think until either of these two groups accomplish this you cant really put them on the same legendary pedestal as SNSD.

Blinks and Once love to claim their faves are boy groups who should serve in military but still neither of these two groups have smashed boy groups in BOTH categories. Sales AND awards.

Its probably too late at this point because these groups have already peaked and if it hasn't happened before then it will never happen.

Also SNSD still to this day ranks in top 5 girl groups value brand. Which means they are 7 years removed from their prime and still as important as todays biggest girl groups.

Just some food for thought on this glorious Saturday afternoon.

• If BTS is still going strong no. Maybe there is a small window when BTS go to army.

win 1000 akorns

• Until BTS's popularity starts to die down or something, then no i dont believe they'll be able to.

If blackpink continue selling a million copies for their albums then i believe they'll be able to since that's the amount most other bg's albums achieve and they still win AOTY

You are my Celebrity

dac7ff0375c2e5330c459a780d3b4bd6f80ba7c8.gifv

• Doubt it. Even BTS skip a year there's still other groups like Exo, seventeen or NCT etc that also have high sales which the ggs would have to compete with. Made harder seeing as BP only last year out of many years of 3G was able to compete with them sales wise, otherwise ggs are way behind bgs.

• But which Once or Blink is saying BP/TWICE are bigger and greater than SNSD in Korea......SNSD's impact and reign in Korea still remains to be unmatched and will probably stay that way considering Korea are ambivalent towards idol groups now.

SNSD, TWICE and BP will all be remembered as legendary girl groups in the future so I don't see the need to compare especially considering the fact that the circumstances are different.

They most likely won't win one considering the fact that BTS are still very dominant and show no signs of stopping, but that doesn't mean both groups aren't impactful.

And BP hasn't peaked lmao

new bitch, new crazy

8d79386914612dad4a47eac686345cdd8090d3ce.gifv609d52be732bf0077ffa33bd6f81f347d6f44342.gifv75ea5ec7566212232f9a923b0846c14c3e80e7e9.gifv

Edited once, last by itiswhatitisss ().

• But which Once or Blink is saying BP/TWICE are bigger and greater than SNSD in Korea......SNSD's impact and reign in Korea still remains to be unmatched and will probably stay that way considering Korea are ambivalent towards idol groups now.

SNSD, TWICE and BP will all be remembered as legendary girl groups in the future so I don't see the need to compare especially considering the fact that the circumstances are different.

And BP hasn't peaked lmao

Every single Once and Blink on allkpop has said their faves have surpassed SNSD in every category imaginable. Which is so hilarious Dave Chappelle could use it on one of his stand up comedy routines.

And BP have definitely peaked. Are you seriously thinking their next album will sale 2 million? Never happen.

• Dude, I know you probably miss the times you were a little but popular, but at this point? You're making yourself look like a JOKE

What is with you and your obsession with comparing 2nd and 3rd gen groups. Move on oldie. You're making yourself look pathetic and making threads like these only bring hate to 2nd gen groups so STOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!