We can’t trust judges opinions!

• Not when I see how some Songs or Artists managed to get nominated or even won.

I just took a closer look at the Grammy nominations again and damn it’s funny. Allegedly these are picks by people who are so called “experts”... but the way it seems these people are people just like you and me with just a little more knowledge about the music industry that’s it... some categories look like fan voting others are so random like some even charted really bad.

With this even a rightful winners win leaves a little salty taste, like did they picked this song, mv, Artist etc because they really think it was qualitative the better, or was it just because they just like them more then other Acts?

Not that I would complain if my faves win especially if I think it was deserved but I hope y’all get what I mean.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It’s still seen as the most prestigious Award Show and many Artists wish to win at least once, but i don’t see how they are different from others at this point.

Umm...Yeah. I have thought most prestigious awards are very fair. But in the end there are lots of things going behind scene. Politics etc. And in the end everyone even professionals are biased also some judges don't even care the songs just randomly chooses anything.

• I don't think anyone will ever agree on who deserves what.

You mentioned that some charted badly but that's what it is like at the Grammys, it isn't a 100% popularity contest. Which should be a plus in people's eyes since that is what everyone complains about in award shows, they want it to be just strictly critic-based instead of numbers-based.

Be specific though, which wins and nominations don't you like?

I wish Take Me To Church won SOTY and Lemonade won AOTY.

Hotline Bling winning best rap song even though it wasn't really a rap song still tickles me.

• I don't think anyone will ever agree on who deserves what.

You mentioned that some charted badly but that's what it is like at the Grammys, it isn't a 100% popularity contest. Which should be a plus in people's eyes since that is what everyone complains about in award shows, they want it to be just strictly critic-based instead of numbers-based.

Be specific though, which wins and nominations don't you like?

I wish Take Me To Church won SOTY and Lemonade won AOTY.

Hotline Bling winning best rap song even though it wasn't really a rap song still tickles me.

Yummy got nominated for best Pop Song

The Weekend didn’t got nominated I don’t need to say more.

Also best charting isn’t = most popular.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Save song right now!

• People who only listen music according to judges’ opinions are weird. Music is for oneself and I myself listen to artists with 1.000 monthly listeners and I like them more than a lot of successful artists

• Yummy got nominated for best Pop Song

The Weekend didn’t got nominated I don’t need to say more.

Also best charting isn’t = most popular.

There's still a connection.

A lot of times people here say that it shouldn't be based on numbers and charts.

You said that some even charted bad but charting is definitely not the be all and end all at the Grammys, your album or song can spend a week on the chart and you can still be nominated in a main category.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!