Is it safe to say NCT are top 2 BG now ???

• NCT was a double million album seller last year.

NCT Dream will hit 1.5M+ sales this comeback (their preorder sales were around 1.7M).

And there's NCT 127 and WayV too.

There's no need to wait for SVT. NCT already surpassed them.

Seventeen was a triple million seller, their albums sold more and their songs charted better.

If NCT dreams achievements end up as impressive as they right now seem that’s an argument in their favour but even if they sell 1.5 million Seventeen’s current best selling album isn’t far behind at 1.4 million and it wouldn’t be a reach to say they could also cross the 1.5 million milestone next comeback.

• TWELVE HOURS and y'all still going

:pepe-clown-gear:

They be going on for 365 days, 24/7

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Seventeen was a triple million seller, their albums sold more and their songs charted better.

Hummm not really, NCT best album sold more than Seveteen best album

if you compare with SVT last cb who was in October 2020 it sold 1.14M album and did less good than Hangarae

in comparison NCT album who came out at the same time (7 days between each release) , NCT sold 1.5M album

and they still sales more album in comparison of seveteen with the repack who sold 1.3M album

and NCT dream album already had 1.7M preorder

and let me add that semicolon had 14 different version, more version usually bring more sales, cuz people wants to buy all the versions, or buy their bias + the group version

meanwhile NCT album usually have 3-4 versions and that's it

Nobody can predict what Seventeen might do for their next comeback, but for the moment denying that NCT are bigger in term of physicals in comparison of Seventeen is lying

and about charting what metric are you using

because on Gaon digital chart Punch peaked higher than Left & right

and Make a wish peaked higher than Homerun

𝔜𝔬𝔲 𝔤𝔬𝔱𝔱𝔞 𝔟𝔢 𝔟𝔬𝔩𝔡 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔧𝔲𝔰𝔱 𝔯𝔬𝔠𝔨 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔡

#irene from myjoys #aespa from ♡ æspa ♡ #irene from on the ground #aespa from ♡ æspa ♡

Edited once, last by SooYoung ().

• Seventeen was a triple million seller, their albums sold more and their songs charted better.

If NCT dreams achievements end up as impressive as they right now seem that’s an argument in their favour but even if they sell 1.5 million Seventeen’s current best selling album isn’t far behind at 1.4 million and it wouldn’t be a reach to say they could also cross the 1.5 million milestone next comeback.

You need to check your data. It's wrong!

And one of the NCT sub units selling as much as SVT? So yeah... NCT >>>>>>>>>>>>>> SVT

• Cconsistency = 2ne1

Sistar had great digital but their physical sucks

2ne1 was much more consistent with both digitals and Physical

• Hangarae sold 1.418 million according to the gaon numbers I can find. Their sales dropped for Semicolon even tho it had more versions so they don’t seem to be growing as fast anymore but it’s hard to tell with only one comeback. Hence why I think we should wait for the next one before jumping to any conclusions.

NCT did sell 1.5 million last year but 100k isn’t a big difference and NCT has never promoted as hard as they did in 2020. If NCT dream do bring in 1.7 albums and Seventeen fail to match that with their next comeback Nct is undeniably bigger but I’d still wait until then.

Finally a carat who's here to "defend" SVT.

I always find your argument very impressive. :smirks:

I wish you'll write in bigger fonts though. :cutes:

It's honestly no use in arguing with those same users that can't even acknowledge Seventeen's past and overall achievements. They will always dismiss Seventeen's achievements just so they can claim their repetitive narratives like OP's "Is it safe to say that NCT are Top 3 bg now?" everytime NCT makes a comeback. Let's just hope that we won't be seeing another shady and petty thread like this towards Seventeen once they have a comeback on June. Let's just quickly give our 2 cents about the topic, move on, and let them drown in delusion and embarrassment.

Since there are barely any active Carats here who have the energy to argue, I'm just glad and thankful that there are still a few non-Carats here who are ready to back up Seventeen with stats like their past/overall digital performance, touring numbers, etc.

• Hangarae sold 1.418 million according to the gaon numbers I can find. Their sales dropped for Semicolon even tho it had more versions so they don’t seem to be growing as fast anymore but it’s hard to tell with only one comeback. Hence why I think we should wait for the next one before jumping to any conclusions.

NCT did sell 1.5 million last year but 100k isn’t a big difference and NCT has never promoted as hard as they did in 2020. If NCT dream do bring in 1.7 albums and Seventeen fail to match that with their next comeback Nct is undeniably bigger but I’d still wait until then.

so you just prove my point for the moment NCT is the top3

i didn't say that Svt couldn't do better with their next cb

but that currently NCT hold this place

and that they are growing much faster than Seventeen is doing

considering that if you take the 4 latest cb of Seventeen you end up with an average sale of 1.020M album

and the 4 latest cb of NCT you end up with an average sales of 1.103M album

#irene from myjoys #aespa from ♡ æspa ♡ #irene from on the ground #aespa from ♡ æspa ♡

• It's honestly no use in arguing with those same users that can't even acknowledge Seventeen's past and overall achievements. They will always dismiss Seventeen's achievements just so they can claim their repetitive narratives like OP's "Is it safe to say that NCT are Top 3 bg now?"

Seems like you struggle to understand the word "NOW" which means nowadays

their past achivement is great but that's it

they are growing less fast than NCT if you compare their latest sales or that you calculate the average sales of their 4 latest cb

Now if you want to make also a fair comparison of their recent online concert, NCT appear 2 times in the top 10 best selling online concert

but Seveteen doesn't appear and their concert was very close to each other

if you want to calculate their popularity in US recently Neozone is the second BG with the longest album behind BTS albums on billboard

Nobody is denying the fact that Seventeen is a great group

but you are the one denying the fact that NCT is starting to do great in every metrics

and the past doesn't care, if we rank BG base on their past achievement then let's put Super junior and Shinee in the top 3 BG because they have more achievement than Seventeen and NCT

the top Kpop group ranking keep evolving base on the CURRENT performance of groups

not base on their past performance, and currently NCT seems to have better performance than seventeen

and using metrics to prove this point doesn't belittle or deny the success of Seventeen -_-

Edited once, last by SooYoung ().

• i get what you are saying and obviously some metrics is given more importance than other and in some cases rightfully so.

If we consider your example, I think snsd will be on top without a doubt. Tara, kara and wondergirls would come second for me for their impact and results in China, japan and US respectively.

I would place 2ne1 and sistar in the same place cause of digitals but 2ne1 might have a lead cause of their recognition outside of korea which sistar lacked.

2ne1 were good in digitals (even their b-sides charted), physicals (for a girl group) and were able to sell out concerts they had world/asian tours you can't put them in the same category with sistar that weren't good with physical sales and barely sell out concerts if you were around that time you'll know that was one of the things they struggled with

• Honestly NCT album sales confuse me. Some sources say their last two albums in 2020 sold 1.5 and 1.6 respectively while others say like 1.3 and 800k. So that’s why I first said SVT sold more.

• Honestly NCT album sales confuse me. Some sources say their last two albums in 2020 sold 1.5 and 1.6 respectively while others say like 1.3 and 800k. So that’s why I first said SVT sold more.

always base your info on Gaon numbers they don't lie

and the last Update of NCT

said that NCT part 1 sold 1.5M

and NCT part 2 sold 1.3M

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!