What I feel about Vietnam's position in the asian entertainment world

• Vietnam is like the one outsider and loner kid in class nobody bothers to take interest. In Kpop, koreans think vietnamese are too short, too poor and do not fit their beauty standard. In Jpop, AKB48 granted them their own sub-unit SGO48, but interest for joining Jpop from Vietnam is just not there. And vice versa for accepting vietnamese into the country as well. In Cpop, Tencent has been reaching out lately to some vietnamese artists and influencer for Chuang 2022. All of them declined because of a historical and political issue ongoing between the two countries. So where does this leave vietnamese desire to join a more developed entertainment industry and become a idol? I want to hear your guys opinion about this issue. PLEASE! Do not bring any political issue into this.

69408eb16f7410df4f22e8cbc0f20383.gif

Edited once, last by Uni909 ().

• Vietnam is like the one outsider and loner kid in class nobody bothers to take interest. In Kpop, koreans think vietnamese are too short, too poor and do not fit their beauty standard. In Jpop, AKB48 granted them their own sub-unit SGO48, but interest for joining Jpop from Vietnam is just not there. And vice versa for accepting vietnamese into the country as well. In Cpop, Tencent has been reaching out lately to some vietnamese artists and influencer for Chuang 2022. All of them declined because of a historical and political issue ongoing between the two countries. So where does this leave vietnamese desire to join a more developed entertainment industry and become a idol? I want to hear your guys opinion about this issue. PLEASE! Do not bring any political issue into this.

SGO48 is a not sub-unit of AKB48 but SGO48 is a sister group of AKB48.

There is still the Thailand where Vietnamese could become popular such as MasterD or Japan where they care less about the looks.

• I think Thailand is pretty open to Vietnamese artists, but the few Vietnamese artists (actresses mainly) that are in Thailand's entertainment industry have blended in completely that people just assumed they're Thai (since they go by Thai names and everything.)

But preferably, I think Vietnam is better off developing their own industry than trying to succeed in other industry.

I feel like they've got what it takes and all they needs now is a more developed economy.

• I think Thailand is pretty open to Vietnamese artists, but the few Vietnamese artists (actresses mainly) that are in Thailand's entertainment industry have blended in completely that people just assumed they're Thai (since they go by Thai names and everything.)

But preferably, I think Vietnam is better off developing their own industry than trying to succeed in other industry.

I feel like they've got what it takes and all they needs now is a more developed economy.

Could you give me the names of those Vietnamese artists who work in Thailand please ?

• SGO48 is a not sub-unit of AKB48 but SGO48 is a sister group of AKB48.

There is still the Thailand where Vietnamese could become popular such as MasterD or Japan where they care less about the looks.

Unless a vietnamese joins Produce 101 Japan, nobody is going to notice any vietnamese in Jpop. You know the group BUZZ-ER? There is a vietnamese idol in the group, but he's completely super nugu.

You're right, it seems Vietnam is heading toward that path. Maybe it was never meant for them to be like thais, chinese and japanese becoming Kpop idols and making a impact. I do think we'll at least see 1 vietnamese idol in the coming years. But it will be more of lucky coincidence.

• Unless a vietnamese joins Produce 101 Japan, nobody is going to notice any vietnamese in Jpop. You know the group BUZZ-ER? There is a vietnamese idol in the group, but he's completely super nugu.

Yes, I do know that there is a full Vietnamese guy called Hau who is a member of the unknown Japanese J-pop idol style boy band BUZZ-ER in Japan.

I made a whole thread related to that here :

Vietnamese singers who worked or work oversea or for a non-Vietnamese company :

Hau is 22 years old.

I don't know the level of Vietnamese of Hau as I have never hear him speaking in Vietnamese or talking about things related to Vietnam.

The pop singer Hau (full Vietnamese) from the Japanese Idol boy band BUZZ-ER in Japan :

hau.jpg

【いま話題!!!白か黒かの"ウザいい"ソング!!】BUZZ-ER. / Black or White MUSIC VIDEO 2019.07.24 Release!! :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here are the only 2 other Vietnamese singers living in Japan :

The pop singer Thu Ngọc Phương Chị/秋玉芳姉 (full Vietnamese) from the J-pop Idol girl band Idoling!!! and the J-rock girl band Vacancy Control in Japan :

a04.jpg

Idoling Don't think Feel Fairy Tail Ending 8 :

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thu Ngọc Phương Chị is 30 years old and looks old now.

She looks to be too old for Produce Japan.

Her Vietnamese is not very good but she is the main MC at the Vietnam festival in Japan which happens one each year.

She is currently working for the Japanese talent agency Stardust Promotion Inc..

I don't know anything about that Japanese company.

She described herself as a Vietnamese actress born in Japan on the description of her Youtube videos on her official Youtube channel so I don't know if shet still would like to be a singer :

フォンチーと行く!日本の旅〜名古屋編〜・Đi với Phuongchi! Du lịch Nhật Bản-Nagoya- :

She has a whole series of videos where she is teaching Vietnamese but her Vietnamese is not good so you should better learn Vietnamese from another source.

フォンチーのベトナム語講座 #1 :

The pop singer Ishida Yūmi/石田優美/いしだ ゆうみ/ aka Yuumin/ゆうみん (1/4 Vietnamese and 3/4 Japanese) from the Japanese J-pop Idol style girl band NMB48 (Namba48) in Japan :

CG_75CzJ5bF

【MV】やさしさの稲妻 / だんさぶる! :

Ishida Yuumi was the co-captain of the Japanese J-pop Idol style girl band NMB48 Team N.

Ishida Yuumi is now a member of the graduating team of NMB48.

I don't know if she still wants to be a singer after her graduation of NMB48.

Ishida Yuumi is 22 years old.

She is was the Vietnam festival ambassador at the Vietnam festival in Japan in 2019.

I don't know the level of Vietnamese of Ishida Yuumi as I have never hear her speaking in Vietnamese but she showed things related to Vietnam.

Despite being 3/4 Japanese and only 1/4 Vietnamese, Ishida Yuumi still seems to be proud of being Vietnamese :

Ishida Yuumi wearing an áo dài which is one the traditional Vietnamese dresses :

28 May 2016 :

NMB48 チームN所属 石田優美 (Yuumi Ishida) :

She is cooking and eating goi cuốn which is a Vietnamese food here in a live-stream :

6 November 2016 :

【爆笑】石田優美のお料理教室 × showroom 20161106 :

Ishida Yuumi eating a bánh mì which is a Vietnamese sandwhich at the Vietnam festival in Japan in 2019 :

8 June 2019 :

[Official Video]NMB48石田優美さんベトフェスを案内! / ベトナムフェスティバル2019 - VietnamFestival :

All the pictures below have been taked during the Vietnam festival in Japan in 2019 :

Ishida Yuumi with the Vietnamese with Thu Ngọc Phương Chị wearing an áo dài on her left :

048e7fd2.jpg

Ishida Yuumi with the members of the Vietnamese J-pop Idol style girl band Niji Universe Inc. :

D8gsJL4UYAA1x_a?format=jpg&name=large

Niji Universe Inc. 虹ユニバース - Ai'm Loving You 愛'm Loving You (ALY) OFFICIAL MV :

Ishida Yuumi with the Vietnamese singer Yori who is a member of the V-pop girl band Lip B on her left :

6ea959d3.jpg

Lip B | SỐ NHỌ (BAD LUCK) | Official MV 4K :

Ishida Yuumi with the Japanese J-pop singer Shiho Rainbow who is also a Việt Võ Đạo Vovinam (which is a Vietnamese martial arts) representative of Japan on her right with pink hair :

RgL8yHkG0oxZEFGm_CtHlDz13JdFqsyACgp2AVIYZo_sD4l5ErB8lVh8iCYcYzh1q5XxRLZIBV_DjYRlbzlQnsaykYQy1WLL8QCmDLWxI2mZQrE-0mNqcrsXc2Eq

【MV】tonight / Shiho Rainbow :

If Ishida Yuumi joins another Japanese company to become a singer after her graduation of NMB48 and if that company would like to send her to Produce Japan then we will have our first Vietnamese Idol on Produce Japan and promote a bit Vietnamese culture to make Vietnam more well known in Japan in a more positive light.

If Vietnam becomes a bit more well known in Japan in a more positive light then there might be a higher probability for the Japanese singing companies to hire Vietnamese trainees like it is the case with some Vietnamese people (Ivone Diệu Linh and the other Vietnamese girl which I forgot her name) who received recently invitations to join Produce China that might be due to Vietnamese songs that became trendy on Tik Tok in China that make Vietnam more well known in a more cool way in China (unlike the Vietnamese boy band HKT) recently but those Vietnamese people declined due to territorial disputes between Vietnam and China.

The V-pop song "Dễ Đến Dễ Đi (4D)" of the Vietnamese singer Quang Hùng MasterD is now trending on Tik Tok in China after it conquered Thailand :

The most important thing before even thinking about a Vietnamese girl joining Produce Japan is that Japan needs to recreate a Produce Japan show with girls as it has been done only once with Produce 48 in 2018 and it was only the AKB48 Group with South Korean agencies managing K-pop singers.

There is a Produce 101 Japan Season 2 (2021) but why no Produce 101 Japan with girls ?

Why Japan doesn't recreate a Produce Japan with girls ?

Why Thailand don't create Produce Thailand after its cancellation ?

• You local Ent can compete, if your local celebs can attract some crowds like this when working overseas...

Thai celeb in Indonesia

External Content youtu.be

Thai celeb in Philippines

Thai celeb in Cambodia

Thai celeb in Laos

Thai celeb in Myanmar

Thai celeb in Vietnam

• You local Ent can compete, if your local celebs can attract some crowds like this when working overseas...

i know you are not trying to gloat about the "success" of thailand ent. and look down on vietnam ent. when 75% of these clips feature mixed white celeb.

Most top viet celebs are fully asian. so course a bunch of colonized nations will gawk over most of thai's halfy celebrities. Come on, be fair.

• i know you are not trying to gloat about the "success" of thailand ent. and look down on vietnam ent. when 75% of these clips feature mixed white celeb.

Most top viet celebs are fully asian. so course a bunch of colonized nations will gawk over most of thai's halfy celebrities. Come on, be fair.

They're Thai just like mixed-Black Thai celebs here...

If mixed-Black Thai celebs get paid to go to those countries, you're happy? What's your problem with mixed-White people, you sound super racist yourself.

Your own words "a bunch of colonized nations will gawk over most of thai's halfy celebrities", including Vietnam? Mario also went there. He also went to China, Chinese is not a racist like you, he is just another Thai celeb.

non-White-mixed Thai celebs in China if you like

How about in Vietnam, non-White-mixed Thai celeb

Another non-White-mixed Thai celeb

Well, it's useless to talk to a super racist like you, I suggest you go back to Vietnam, try to be a celeb there. I think Viets like to preserve pure blood and you're looking pretty good based on your avatar. I cheer for your success.

• This video said that those 10 Vietnamese singers are the most famous Vietnamese singers in the world :

8 May 2021 :

10 Ca Sĩ Việt Nam nổi tiếng nhất trên thế giới ✅ Top ca sĩ tầm cở quốc tế ❤️ Mỹ Tâm ,Sơn Tùng ,Binz :

01:06 1/ Ca Sĩ Mỹ Tâm.

02:10 2/ Ca Sĩ Hồ Ngọc Hà.
    03:15 3/ Ca Sĩ Đông Nhi.
    04:05 4/ Ca Sĩ Noo Phước Thịnh.
    05:00 5/ Ca Sĩ Bích Phương.
    05:54 6/ Ca Sĩ Vũ Cát Tường.
    06:45 7/ Ca Sĩ Soobin Hoàng Sơn.
    07:36 8/ Ca Sĩ Binz.
    08:31 9/ Ca Sĩ Suboi.
    09:30 10/ Ca Sĩ Sơn Tùng M-Tp.

Do you know any of those Vietnamese singers ?

I wonder if the Vietnamese pop singer MasterD is going to be as applaused if he goes in Thailand like those Thai celebrities who arrived in foreign countries.

Besides MasterD, I don't know any Vietnamese artists who are popular in foreign countries.

1 November 2020 :

Quang Hùng MasterD - Dễ Đến Dễ Đi (4D) / OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO :

Maybe the Vietnamese pop singer Nguyễn Trần Trung Quân and his best friend the Vietnamese actor Denis Dang who appears in his music videos could get as applaused if they go to Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, Singapore with all their boys love fan girls since their music videos trended in China.

28 October 2019 :

Tự Tâm - NGUYỄN TRẦN TRUNG QUÂN || OFFICIAL MV :

3 January 2020 :

CANH BA - NGUYỄN TRẦN TRUNG QUÂN x TRIPLE D | OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO | TỰ TÂM 2 :

• Is it really that popular, so there must be a group of fans who are willing to actually pay for fan service.

e.g. Thai series are popular enough for Thai celebs to hold a fan meeting overseas

SOTUS S FAN MEETING IN WUHAN

SOTUS S FAN MEETING IN CHENGDU

SOTUS S FAN MEETING IN TIANJIN

SOTUS S FAN MEETING IN WUXI

Krist Singto 1st Fan Meeting in Taipei

Krist-Singto FAN MEETING IN KOREA

Krist & Singto 2nd Fan Meeting in Japan

Edited 2 times, last by miile ().

• Could you give me the names of those Vietnamese artists who work in Thailand please ?

They're not really Vietnamese artists per se, but Thai with Vietnamese heritage (some partial, but I think of them have 100% Vietnamese ethnicity I think but like everybody else, they just integrated and become Thai in one generation).

https://undubzapp.com/%E0%B8%9…%B8%99%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A1/

Another one is Gigie Sarocha, she's an actress with GMMTV - she's completely fluent & has a Thai name so I thought she's fully Thai at first but I think she's actually full Viet. Very pretty.

https://www.instagram.com/ggigie/?hl=en

• They're Thai just like mixed-Black Thai celebs here...

If mixed-Black Thai celebs get paid to go to those countries, you're happy? What's your problem with mixed-White people, you sound super racist yourself.

Racist? Nonsense. I am FOR representation that makes sense with the demographics of the country. What i'm NOT for is the diminishment, erasure, and the devaluation of asians in Thailand.

the half white celebrities are the top of the food chain in Thailand's entertainment industry but in america and white european countries, they don't need half asians to get fame. Only white people (their own race) is enough for Europe and America. Barely any half asians are consider top stars in white countries yet in Thailand its the norm.

People say "half black is thai" yet thai people treat them different than half white. They barely have any representation in lead acting roles and none of them can reach the massive fame that half white celebs get. The reality is thais see mixed blacks as beneath them. Most of the stories of bullying against half black thais always come from thais who were dark as well but because they were regular asians instead of mixed, they felt some sort of superiority over someone with african ancestry. This is the racial hierarchy in the country. Anti-Black, pro-white, and putting asians beneath half whites.

Your own words "a bunch of colonized nations will gawk over most of thai's halfy celebrities", including Vietnam? Mario also went there. He also went to China, Chinese is not a racist like you, he is just another Thai celeb.

Philippines and Indonesia have been colonized the earliest and the longest by europeans (over 300 years). so of course they gonna worship the mixed white celebrities of thailand. Colonial mentality hit them hard.

Vietnam is a different cause they were constantly controlled by china waaaaay longer than the french (which lasted a very short time in comparison). So their entertainment industry just stayed asian centric.

and the chinese are very racist. look at the chinese commercial where they put a black man in a washing machine and turned him asian.

Another non-White-mixed Thai celeb

Well, it's useless to talk to a super racist like you, I suggest you go back to Vietnam, try to be a celeb there. I think Viets like to preserve pure blood and you're looking pretty good based on your avatar. I cheer for your success.

LOL! Nine is half white! His white dad abandoned him when he was young

More like Viets don't see themselves as mixed even if they technically have some Chinese, Khmer, Dai, Champa, Lao ancestry in their bloodline. When you are fully asian, why would you even think you are mixed in the first place? Most people aren't going to know the difference unless you tell them. There are so many viet people who blend in when moving to their neighboring countries to the left.

• LOL! Nine is half white! His white dad abandoned him when he was young

Here is Nine Naphat 's father...

PNRbMl.jpg

Yeah, he must be WHITE because he wear WHITE underpants. lol

It's a proof that you know nothing about Thai Ent and tried to be expert lol You made my day man Lmfao

About his dad, read here (use google translate) : https://www.netgoodnow.com/05/…%B8%AB%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B8/

There is no Bumiputera-like policy prevent mixed-Black Thai or any mixed Thai to achieve anything in Thailand, also you don't get kicked out of the country simply because you have some Chinese ancestry like in Vietnam. Thai Ent is very much accept everyone everything including LGBTQ celebs.

Chinese are racist because of detergent ads? How about that Italian ads, not racist because they glorified Black? You're super racist yourself, it's useless to talk to a super racist like you, just think what you want yeah.

Philippines and Indonesia colonized by White, that's why they like mixed-White Thai celeb?

Vietnam also like Mario... he is just another Thai celeb yeah

Non mixed-White Thai celebs are also popular enough that they can hold a fan meeting overseas frequently, there are group of fans who are willing to pay for their fan service in several countries yeah.

Have you ever actually step foot in China or Korea ?

• Oh my god, stop presenting them with the truth. They're gonna have a stroke & a heart attack from their jealousy and obsession. You'd have murder on your hands.

• Here is Nine Naphat 's father...

Yeah, he must be WHITE because he wear WHITE underpants. lol

It's a proof that you know nothing about Thai Ent and tried to be expert lol You made my day man Lmfao

dude looks NOTHING like him. i'm inclined to believe hes half white cause thats the source that i got. Sorry boo boo.

There is no Bumiputera-like policy prevent mixed-Black Thai or any mixed Thai to achieve anything in Thailand,

They are being disciminated against from getting lead roles in tv shows. What the f*** are you talking about?

thais rather do blackface and insult the black community! vTrwPAY.jpg

Chinese are racist because of detergent ads? How about that Italian ads, not racist because they glorified Black? You're super racist yourself, it's useless to talk to a super racist like you, just think what you want yeah.

its not just the ads, they SYSTEMATICALLY kicked many africans out their homes during the pandemic. the country is very anti black.Even banning black people from going to mcdonalds!

• I made a thread related to Blackfaces here :

Blackface in Asia and the West :

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!