Instead of blaming JYPE or YGE, should we be blaming Mina or Jennie instead?

• So Onces, me included, have ranted for months about JYPE not giving members opportunities for growth including solo and subunit releases, variety show and TV/movie roles, CF gigs, etc. But maybe the plain truth of the matter is that the members themselves are happy and content with the status quo. Mina basically spilled the tea about herself in her recent Lego video where she talked about how she rarely leaves her apartment, the only time she goes out is to do her Twice schedule. It's pretty clear that she's happy just staying home and playing games and doing her hobbies.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

As for Blackpink, so many Blinks have complained about the lack of comebacks and the basic choreo. But maybe the plain truth of the matter is that the members themselves are happy with the status quo. Jennie basically admitted how hard it is on her body to practice for hours every day in their Netflix special. Plus most of them have been training hardcore for a decade at least. Maybe the members are ok with lots of downtime between comebacks and not having to do crazy difficult Itzy-level choreo for every comeback.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So in conclusion, maybe Kpop stans need to stop scapegoating companies for what they perceive as "mistreatment", and should just accept that their faves could be ok with their current situations. After all, neither Mina nor Jennie, nor any member of Twice or BP, are living on the streets begging for quarters. They are all banking enough money to be able to retire and never have to work again.

• Official Post

BLACKPINK had to beg on national television for more songs so I don't know where all this concern is coming from. O_o They've shaded YG multiple times about their lack of comebacks and songs, so I think the anger most Blinks have is justified.

And it could go both ways, maybe you shouldn't assume that they all don't want to perform.

• There is still blatant mistreatment. I don't think BLACKPINK were happy with their full album being cut down to 8 songs, I don't think they were happy with 2017 being just a single.

Most BLINKs I know would be fine with literally just an album a year. The issue with BLACKPINK isn't how frequently they comeback it's how it took over 4 years for them to release more than 4 songs in a year. That's the mistreatment.

"Bunch of wannabes that wanna be me, me three if I was you"

• Nah. There's definitely something going on at YGE/ JYPE. It may not be as bad as some fans think, it could be worse, who knows?

But there's too many things, ESPECIALLY from groups like Blackpink and Twice that don't add up and all fingers point to the labels. The Gza said it best

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• There is still blatant mistreatment. I don't think BLACKPINK were happy with their full album being cut down to 8 songs, I don't think they were happy with 2017 being just a single.

Most BLINKs I know would be fine with literally just an album a year. The issue with BLACKPINK isn't how frequently they comeback it's how it took over 4 years for them to release more than 4 songs in a year. That's the mistreatment.

This is true. It was absolutely criminal what YG did to them in 2017, literally ONE SONG in two years (2016-2018).

• YG can give them simpler choreo that looks good. While it's hard to get complex formations with 4 people, it is still possible to create something better than Pretty Savage and be mindful of Jennie's injuries.

Also lack of songs has nothing to do with ankle injuries. I promise you Jennie can stand in the studio and sing/rap. YG has just locked the doors for some reason.

I think we might see Jennie slowly evolving away from being an idol and get more into producing/songwriting. As she says, if the physical rigors of idol life get to be too much as she gets older, she might go on to become Teddy's protege in the studio instead. While also releasing occasional solo songs as well.

• Nah. There's definitely something going on at YGE/ JYPE. It may not be as bad as some fans think, it could be worse, who knows?

But there's too many things, ESPECIALLY from groups like Blackpink and Twice that don't add up and all fingers point to the labels. The Gza said it best

Damn that rap just brings back so many 80s hip hop vibes, i miss it all the time lol.

I've gone through so many conspiracy theories about why JYP and YGE have treated their best groups the way they have. Twice getting overworked to death while not getting any individual promotions. BP getting underworked to death while spending half their life as a group modeling.

• just bc jennie said the training was hard on her body doesn't mean she doesn't want to release music lol. She has contantly expressed that she wants to release new songs and music. And they even expressed that they want tl have 2 comebacks a year.

• Twicehouse at it again. Yes, some artist want to stay home and relax but sometimes company make them wait for new songs too.

• Mina has always been like that. It's just who she is. She likes staying at home an being an idol just worsened it but I don't think you should generalise all the members using her as an example because her personality is opposite of what an "idol" represents. I am almost 100% sure that most of the members will want or if they haven't though about it, enjoy doing solo activities

• It's a bit hard to understand how Mina became a kpop Idol when she has the personality she has. It like.... what?

True, like as a fellow introvert how did u get a job that consists of performing in front of millions?

Introversion shouldn't have limited any potential. Lots of introverts are actually public figures and public speakers. The point is, they gotta have down time for themselves to recharge their energy. If they could manage that, introverts would thrive hard in this very extroverted world we live in.

But unfortunately, TWICE schedule didn't let Mina do that. She eventually burnout.

The only times she could recharge herself is when TWICE don't have any schedule. So, it's really understandable that she rarely goes out when she doesn't have any TWICE schedule. Those are the only opportunities for her to be in tune with herself.

And I believe she goes out more often than she openly admitted. Who knows to what extents she's willing to open up about her activities, right..

• So Onces, me included, have ranted for months about JYPE not giving members opportunities for growth including solo and subunit releases, variety show and TV/movie roles, CF gigs, etc. But maybe the plain truth of the matter is that the members themselves are happy and content with the status quo. Mina basically spilled the tea about herself in her recent Lego video where she talked about how she rarely leaves her apartment, the only time she goes out is to do her Twice schedule. It's pretty clear that she's happy just staying home and playing games and doing her hobbies.

I mean I can’t blame her wanting to have free time after being overworked by JYP for so long.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!