what do you think of this new change in Billboard charting rules?

• im gonna stay cautious. i trust BB as far as i can throw them.

that being said, im happy with the change. radio was such a bullshit metric for charts?

unless the songs played are based purely on request by gp, it's completely subjective to the radio's directors

& who's willingly to pay the most.

curious how it will affect the charts & if the change is big enough to affect the charts

ps; knowing the western industry, they will find loop holes

• You do realise that all the changes they have made recently have actually benefitted BTS since they don't do bundles, don't rely on user generated YT views and don't rely on radio either, so I don't get this line of thought.

I meant it in a good way conspiracy. The global charts which excluded radio play with dynamite still in top 10 have made it very clear that BTS is the only true global act at this point dominating everywhere. Without radio play dynamite would have spent quite sometime in the top 20 along with life goes on. The social charts kinda make sense since it includes all social engagement worldwide which doesn’t really give a clear picture of the artistes being talked about the most on US sns.

I know billboard will never change or have any positive feeling towards an artiste but maybe BTS presence and other non English artistes have called for them to make some changes to their criteria which favored the western artistes :wellr:

• I meant it in a good way conspiracy. The global charts which excluded radio play with dynamite still in top 10 have made it very clear that BTS is the only true global act at this point dominating everywhere. Without radio play dynamite would have spent quite sometime in the top 20 along with life goes on. The social charts kinda make sense since it includes all social engagement worldwide which doesn’t really give a clear picture of the artistes being talked about the most on US sns.

I know billboard will never change or have any positive feeling towards an artiste but maybe BTS presence and other non English artistes have called for them to make some changes to their criteria which favored the western artistes :wellr:

BTS actually dominates every organic metric unlike those who survive on their labels push cause they have the largest fanbase in the world which actually listens to and buys their music, so at the end of the day BB may change whatever they want it will never rally affect BTS significantly..lol.

• I am guessing you have no idea how US charting works and what BTS have been going through for years...anyways since you have no stake it makes sense that you would not know.

a) they tally up numbers and do something with it. Labels used to be able to change w/ bundles, now can do shenanigans w/ radios and remixes + lower costs.

b) ok. Explain then. I know bb has been shady, what else?

• Radio to have lesser weight?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Until BB remove or work on the stricter rule for web sale, then less money hits happen. Fandom can donate money from oversea and then buying multiple copies of the same songs, so the sale is high, which can be used to manipulated the chart

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!