How new generation of Jpop groups can open themselves up to international fans

• Jpop groups don't have VLive, Universe, Veverse, U Cube and other apps like them. But still, there are youtube, tiktok, ig and twitter they can utilize at the fullest. JO1 and NiziU are showing how to do that for overseas fans by adding english subs. Something past Jpop acts failed to do. I remember for example LDH said they were going to launch a lot of stuff for international fans. None of that has come into existence.

• yes that is so true, we can now even watch NiziU Scout variety show with English subs, and it's so satisfying

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• surprisingly some companies like Pony Canyon and Avex have thought about having some join V Live but to do that they have to have contracts drawn up because of all the business politics. I would love to see them join the platforms though for them to get more exposure

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• Thats not true

Sony launched an app some weeks ago where fans can see profiles of artists who are on that website and I heard of a lot artists who arn't even under Sony who joined that website. I'm in a JPop-server on Discord and 2 people on their said they made accounts on that side to look into the artists they like (I think one girl said she did it for Aimyon).

Also MADKID has English subs on their vlogs too and the Visual Kei band ACME put English subs on their musicvideos. ACME also hired a translator for when they stream on Youtube so everyone knows what the dudes are talking about and even tho the members of ACME arn't the greatest in English they try to reply to fan-coments on Twitter who arn't in Japanese. BALLISTIK BOYZ also put English subtitles on their vlogs and Masahiro even write sometimes English tweets since he is fluently and after the pandemic begun he even wrote he designed a pillow that was specificly made for foreign fans and so they even sold it outside of Japan ( :crys: his coment on how much he misses to travel to meet fans from other countries since covid is around was kinda cute as he said why he made the pillow). FAKY also has English subtitles on a bunch of their videos (I think not all but a bunch of them I watched had subs).

Also why should they make a Vlive-account when Japanese celebrity live-stream on LineLive? The amount on foreign viewers isn't that big on that side but I saw a video where a girl tried to prank a Japanese celebrity who can speak English as he streamed on Line by posting a random English coment and doing it till he notices that she was writing in English xD

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• idk they dont care international maybe japan already is the 2nd biggest music market

Japan has opened up quite a bit more in the last few years to international audiences. Copyright strikes against reactions of MV which they used to be the kiss of death for the youtubers have gone way down and some groups don't even strike any more at all and have been putting eng subs in their latest MVs (Band-Maid / Yoasobi to name 2). Numbers are still small but there is a discernible shift going on.

• its up to the company to promote their artist

for us fan what are we supposed to do is promote our fav artist

its simple, just tell ur friend, link at social media, forum etc2

help ur fav artist to gain more fan!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!