What's your opinion on fanservice?

• It is embarrassing and must be very uncomfortable for the idols. But fans lap it up so they keep doing it. As soon as I heard Irene and Seulgi were a sub unit I knew the video would have ship baiting! Chaelisa and Jensoo are like sisters, have made this clear, but I could give a list of the ridiculous ship baiting things they have been made to do. It’s dehumanising and it encourages delusional fans. Tae calling out the Taekookers proves how idols feel about it. But it sells!

• It’s okay but not if it goes too far or gets too sexy especially with the boy groups.

• Not a fan of it tbh. Seeing both grown ass men/women acting like toddlers and underage kids try to act sexy makes me uncomfortable. I’m also not a fan of shipping culture because I find it a bit weird, so the whole skinship thing doesn’t appeal to me either.

• Me likey likey likey.

Fanservice doesn't have to be that deep. Just releasing non-musical content is already fanservicing.

But if you're talking about calling the fans girlfriend/boyfriend, then it's a no no.

• It's embarrasing really. So I can't introduce Kpop to my relatives because I don't know how to explain fanservice thing and I know their first thought will be "GAYS". I hope BTS reduce it as much as possible, or do not at all because now they don't need and this is just brings them hate without reason.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

76fa0d1a541ee3c9e5f2e7690344c232e529b524.jpg27634e6e08e9e78a663615405a6f1facf4313019.jpgb859828b8037d9dc45a952ee4215a1b66092ca37.jpg

• Fan service is just part of the job. There's no right or wrong. Idols do fan service to feed into people's fantasy.

Realistically, anyone's whos into kpop beyond just the music itself is in a fantasy of some degree.
    On the small end of the scale, you have things like people remembering idols favorite colors, birthdays, preferences, etc. That is already stepping into the fantasy hole. Not only are you not in a relationship with them, you're not even a friend. There's no need to know their birthday or what their favorite food is. It's not like you'll cook them or celebrate their birthday with them.

Arguably, the entire foundation of kpop is formed based on fantasies from plastic surgery, to what idols can and can not say, when they can date, how to behave, what they are allowed to post on social media, etc. Every aspect of what you see or is allowed to see has been shaped by the company, the managers that manages them, to what they are taught since trainees.

Of course nothing's wrong with that. It's their career, it's what they're supposed to do. People play video games to escape the realities of their daily lives, people watch movies like sci-fi and romance for similar reasons. People read fiction novels. A good amount of entertainment is formed based on feeding into people's fantasy. Kpop is just another form of this type of entertainment.

Going back to the topic of fan service, every fan likes different aspect of kpop. Idols can't make every fan happy but they can try by doing everything that people like, flirting, kissing, letting you watch them eat, doing aegyo, being clumsy on purpose, acting innocent, wearing certain clothes, streaming their daily lives on vlive and other social platforms, etc.

My opinion? Respect every aspect of this fantasy that they created. What one finds weird another might not but in the end, it's all part of the same package.

- Dream.catcher | Black.pink | Twi.ce | It.zy | Ever.glow | C.LC | Bol.4 | I..O.I | Oh.My.Girl | Aes.pa | Woo!Ah! -

ConcernedLimitedFlickertailsquirrel-size_restricted.gif   FabulousUnlawfulIberianchiffchaff-size_restricted.gif  ConsiderateFlawedLeveret-size_restricted.gif

• It is a "service" for fans. Have you ever wondered why waiter and waitress in restaurant bothered serving their customers with extra politeness eventhough we all know their days have been shitty up to that point. But we can appreciate and cant deny that they are adding a lot of "good vibes" towards the restaurant, the franchise.

Same thing with kpop idols offering fan service towards their fans. This why kpop fans just need to get a life and dont act like you are the coolest shits in here.

• people should dislike it...

that kind of things breed some delusional fans that think they can date the idols

that kind of things breed the nth room people

and that kind of things breed fans like josh

yaiks...

• It is a "service" for fans. Have you ever wondered why waiter and waitress in restaurant bothered serving their customers with extra politeness eventhough we all know their days have been shitty up to that point. But we can appreciate cant deny that they are adding a lot of "good vibes" towards the restaurant, the franchise.

Same thing with kpop idols offering fan service towards their fans. This why kpop fans just need to get a life and dont act like you are the coolest shits in here.

I get your point, but not everyone has to like it. It just comes down to what you are comfortable with and what you find enjoyable. A lot of people don’t like fan service because idols themselves have called fans out for taking it too far. Some people like it, some people don’t. It doesn’t mean that people think that they are cool or better, it’s solely because we all have different view points which is totally okay imo.

• I get your point, but not everyone has to like it. It just comes down to what you are comfortable with and what you find enjoyable. A lot of people don’t like fan service because idols themselves have called fans out for taking it too far. Some people like it, some people don’t. It doesn’t mean that people think that they are cool or better, it’s solely because we all have different view points which is totally okay imo.

For sure I agree with your point, I just have time so I want to look cool in this forum by saying that

8)8)8)

• I get it lol, I wanna look cool on this forum too 8) 8) 8) 8) Definitely worked though! Although you’re cool all of the time!

Now that you think of me as a cool kid, that's technically a fanservice from Armedryu

:pepe-flirt::pepe-flirt::pepe-flirt:

• Funny how these Kpopers hates fan service. I mean, that's part of Kpop. For the gay thing I believe I-fans brought the culture, especially those from the West. Because in Korean and the East culture, it's still not common

• Ban queerbaiting, people living vicariously through their own hidden sexual curiosities is so weird to me as someone who is actually gay.

Aegyo is also not my thing, but certain idols can actually pull it off without being cloying.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• South Koreans (SK) in general expect Aegyo from Idols, while the average South Korean fan expects even more

BUT, some companies just push them beyond their comfort zone.

The Big 3 are fine because they play to thier fandom without pushing the limits of the member's tolerance, so they come across as natural personality that aren't wannabes

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!