Itzy's english songs are...

• Not that bad the massage they deliver is pretty nice one especially for preteens and young teenagers

which is exactly their Teen Crush target

the question is are they going to get any promo for it so those preteens and teenagers to actually hear it.

• Not that bad the massage they deliver is pretty nice one especially for preteens and young teenagers

EXACTLY MY POINT OH MY GOD

like their lyrics are really good for like younger teens and tweens. id rather they listen to this than some crap abt first love and shit. hating on itzy's concept is pure stupidity

.................. where are we now ..................

• honestly, it’s great for pre-teens. personally not for me at my 22 years of age. i’ll just go back to listening to their songs where i can’t understand the lyrics :pepe-back-away:

• Love me some ITZY, but I really wish JYPE would hire real lyricists for the English versions of their songs.

I'm not sure if JYP is the one writing the English lyrics, but they are not going to appeal to most Western teens. They sound kind of corny and a little childish. And being a teen in Western culture is very focused on appearing and being more "adult". There is a disconnect there that leaves a lot of JYPE's English versions coming off very Kids Bop-ish.

Not only that but they also sound awkward and kind of clunky. They do not flow well. They need to do better if they want to appeal to the West.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Love me some ITZY, but I really wish JYPE would hire real lyricists for the English versions of their songs.

I'm not sure if JYP is the one writing the English lyrics, but they are not going to appeal to most Western teens. They sound kind of corny and a little childish. And being a teen in Western culture is very focused on appearing and being more "adult". There is a disconnect there that leaves a lot of JYPE's English versions coming off very Kids Bop-ish.

Not only that but they also sound awkward and kind of clunky. They do not flow well. They need to do better if they want to appeal to the West.

I don't know about i think the lyrics were fine I mean it's not like western artist are signing poems

• I don't know about i think the lyrics were fine I mean it's not like western artist are signing poems

Yes, but Western lyrics usually actually go with the melody while some of the lyrics in Not Shy sound like they were written before actually hearing the full melody and were forced into the melody.

Like Lia's bridge. "Don't want to overthink it, don't want to have any regrets." sounds very clunky.

Then Yeji's "We go with the flow." just does not fit. "Let's go with the flow" would have" "flowed" more seamlessly. Like, looking at them on paper, they are fine, but with the actual music it sounds out of place.

The chorus I think is fine, but the pre-chorus with "If I could make you my own, I could show you things you never dreamed of..." sounds like the lyricist tried to force a rhyme. Creating an almost/approximate rhyme is not bad and keeps songs fresh by not falling into making cliche rhymes like rain, pain, cry, try, but in this case it does not sound natural.

There's also the fact that all of ITZY (except Lia) kind of have a slight accent, so the lyrics that a Western artist could have made sound natural do not sound as natural on them.

I know I'm being nitpicky, but as a lyricist/songwriter myself, small things like that can turn an okay song into a great one. People don't realize it because Western Pop music is considered trash by a lot of people for different reasons, but making a pop hit is HARD. A lot actually goes into it to meticulously make sure the backing track is perfect and the vocals and vocalizations and pronunciations are pleasing to the ear of the masses. Max Martin (one of the biggest producers in Western music to date) literally has a very specific formula to how to make a pop hit, and it works 90% of the time. He's even meticulous about how EXACT words are pronounced. That's the main reason we have the "It's gonna be May" meme when the actual lyric is "It's gonna be me". That exact pronunciation was not a coincidence. It was intentional. There's also a reason that when you look at the writing credits for most hits there are usually like 5+ people there.

So listening to a Western pop song which is created like a well oiled machine, and then listening to the English translation of a Korean song, those little inconsistencies stand out. Koreans are great with making KPOP and KPOP lyrics, but JYPE needs work when writing English lyrics that actually fit the music.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Yep! I think their style is girl crush but for teens of all genders. Basically "you can do it" and "don't listen to what they say" type of thing.

Dalla Dalla: Be different; be yourself

Icy: Don't listen to what they say; don't let their words define who you are

Wannabe: Take pride in who you are, don't let others tell you to change because you are you.

Not Shy: Don't be afraid (or in this case, don't be shy) to stand up for what you love, even if it's a person.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!