Teddy’s Songs on 2ne1 vs Now

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

vs these days

He’s kinda a hit or miss these days. Is it just me or his muse is literally 2ne1 and he just went downhill after they left? :/

• I think he fit 2ne1 best in terms of concept but there's some newer good songs.

EX: Bom's voice while not very healthy was a great fit for these songs

CL as well

Minzy had a nice vocal tone and Dara rounded out the group

I think generally he’s more reserved these days? He doesn’t go all-out anymore like he does with 2ne1-bigbang era you feel me? Like im pretty sure Minzy stated that they didn’t go for as if it’s your last because there’s apparently a “newer” song for them. I think he became more simplistic these days? Which kinda works but it’s not like his old songs aged very poorly (bc they do not)

• I think generally he’s more reserved these days? He doesn’t go all-out anymore like he does with 2ne1-bigbang era you feel me? Like im pretty sure Minzy stated that they didn’t go for as if it’s your last because there’s apparently a “newer” song for them. I think he became more simplistic these days? Which kinda works but it’s not like his old songs aged very poorly (bc they do not)

I think it has to do with the group's focus.

2ne1 was marketed as all out (imagine anyone else other than dara shaving their hair)

Blackpink was not

Same with Somi

• I feel he let himself get too formulaic because of corporate politics telling him to stay in that bubble with Blackpink which is sad as they were his project. ;( He still pushed hard for them to have creative control with their album though which makes me happy.

I feel with other artists like Sunmi who he has produced a lot of B-Sides and unreleased songs for as well and SOMI/Zion T, he seems to leave the formula a lot and experiment with a lot of unique sounds. YG LET HIM BE EXPERIMENTAL AGAIN! He has produced so many varied hits over the years and was a powerhouse production duo with Perry and then later a production trio with TOP and GD but y'all took away his partners who encourage him to be creative and explore the ideas that may seem way out there.

Some examples of his early work prior to 2NE1 that also showed his diversity (yes that is a reggaetón song in there):

And of course the most impactful for me is him writing this for Taeyang about loosing the woman he loves because he is too focused on his career and businesses

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• He’s kinda a hit or miss these days. Is it just me or his muse is literally 2ne1 and he just went downhill after they left? :/

I feel 2NE1 and possibly more specifically CL may have been the muse to him musically for a while as he made sure to show up to EVERYTHING with her. From red carpets to her solo MV shoots even though he rarely popped up anywhere to telling her to start writing her own raps and to break out of her shell in that one 2NE1 documentary. They seemed super close and then after the Crush album YG ripped him off their production team :-( CL was very upset when they prioritized him working with BP and dropped her to the background. He still tried to work with her though on her debut English album which I am sure would have been draining for him considering he was the main person in charge of Blackpink's development after they debuted. :waterr: I could be wrong but that is just how I look at things after all the interviews and documentaries, etc showing their business relationship and friendship.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• I feel 2NE1 and possibly more specifically CL may have been the muse to him musically for a while as he made sure to show up to EVERYTHING with her. From red carpets to her solo MV shoots even though he rarely popped up anywhere to telling her to start writing her own raps and to break out of her shell in that one 2NE1 documentary. They seemed super close and then after the Crush album YG ripped him off their production team :-( CL was very upset when they prioritized him working with BP and dropped her to the background. He still tried to work with her though on her debut English album which I am sure would have been draining for him considering he was the main person in charge of Blackpink's development after they debuted. :waterr: I could be wrong but that is just how I look at things after all the interviews and documentaries, etc showing their business relationship and friendship.

Yg is rly fucked up. My sister (diehard blackjack) told me that they didnt let CL go earlier because they want her to go on a limbo so that her power wont hold as much as 2014-era. That way, even if she leaves YG, she wont be at her peak. Which is just nuts.

• Yg is rly fucked up. My sister (diehard blackjack) told me that they didnt let CL go earlier because they want her to go on a limbo so that her power wont hold as much as 2014-era. That way, even if she leaves YG, she wont be at her peak. Which is just nuts.

Kpop Sigh GIF - Kpop Sigh Jennie - Discover & Share GIFs

They also refused to let her work with or interact with Blackpink when she asked and offered to do behind the scenes stuff for a minute. She said on her social media numerous times she enjoys their work, defends them when people try to start wars between their fandoms and constantly shows love to Jisoo and Lisa on social media. :sweatr: Yet some Blinks trash her constantly.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• I think Teddy was more on a creative peak in 2nd gen era: he produced a lot more songs and they ended up being bangers more often than after 2nd gen era.

The songs he made in 2nd gen era, more of them also have a timeless quality that his latter works has less and less.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Teddy has a lots of hits under his belt, his quality hasn't declined, it just changes from each person pov and the period of time. What was trendy on 2009, ain't trendy 10 years laters, usually 20 years after, but not 10. Example, to me, 2/3 of the 2009's songs that you presented here are way too dated to be good, to others ain't it, and when it comes to gp, it probably wouldn't chart today.

Also, YG didn't rip off 2ne1 after 2014, there were a lots of factors going on, that ended up in the decision of disbandment, but to say that he prioritized Teddy to BP over CL is stupid, BP had only released 14 songs when CL's contract ended and once she got out of YG, herself pull out a lot of songs that she wrote and probably produced on her own, meaning that she didn't either wanted or needed Teddy to help her, same with BP, Its just YG incompetent and mysoginistic ass when it comes their female artists.

• i think its just a preference thing like for example i don't like that follow me song at all. i don't think i would rather listen to old teddy stuff personally

• I agree with some others, aside from IATB, there are other songs that Teddy produced in 2nd gen era that are better than the ones mentioned in OP.

Those are all masterpieces (well, at least to me) where Teddy was involved with, that I still keep listening to regularly up till today :-)

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• I'm a BLINK

but

TEDDY produced the BEST SONGS during 2NE1 era

everything was banger after banger after banger

D4 is a peak for Teddy it sounds so COMPLETE

KTL and HYLT, sounds incomplete.

imagine if Blackpink has Teddy 2nd gen era style example is AIIYL which was obviously made during 2nd gen.

• I think generally he’s more reserved these days? He doesn’t go all-out anymore like he does with 2ne1-bigbang era you feel me? Like im pretty sure Minzy stated that they didn’t go for as if it’s your last because there’s apparently a “newer” song for them. I think he became more simplistic these days? Which kinda works but it’s not like his old songs aged very poorly (bc they do not)

what i hate the most from him these days

1. VERY SHORT SONGS, like most of his songs now are less than 3.5 minutes, others are even less than 3 minutes

HYLT can even fit a JENNIE rap and would have slayed harder.

External Content youtu.be

• 2NE1 songs aged well. Still my fav song

miss my blackjack days :pepelove1:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!