SHIKI Is One Of My Favorite Vampire Anime All The Time

• 99e0a079c87abd550d46f3e69430a7b5.jpg

It's almost summer, of course it's time for horror stuff :pepelove1:

Actually I'm not really into vampire theme (i guess twilight makes me aware), I don't even watch Blood+. But I was randomly watching this anime and got hooked instantly. Plot and characters are interesting.

The art is....kinda weird? Especially the hair

a5ee2254418d14cffac2fc38faf27d3e.jpg

But you'll be getting used to it after a few eps.

Trailer:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Here's the summary

Taking place in the 1990s, Shiki follows the story of a village that like many of these series, happens to have mysterious deaths occurring. A doctor suspects some sort of medical epidemic until he discovers the Shiki, vampire-esque creatures who are roaming the village. A 15-year-old boy seems to face the reality of the Shiki head-on, affecting his life in many ways. The lines between good and evil are challenged, and this series stands out from the typical vampire story.

Source: https://www.nerdmuch.com/best-horror-anime/

Well, blood everywhere. Very much gore anime, full with emotions and quite depressing, especially if you get attached into certain character. So if you can't stand violence, better skip this.

• The late 1980-90s to the 2000s and even early 2010s was a fantastic mix of vampires and sci-fi stuff. so many good things came out of those years. I think the blood franchise was one of the first vampire animes I watched. :thumbup:

"무중력으로 다시 수면으로 떠오를 때, 나는 다른 사람이되는 상상을한다" - 쿠사나기 모토코 (1995)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!