People Need To Get Over The Fear of BTS Getting Dragged....

• They're already getting "dragged". I'm sure certain entities in thee North American music business have put quite the fair amount potholes on BTS's road to dominance.

Xenophobia? Been happening in Manhattan, Texas, California, motherfuckin Minnesota, you name it! And here's the kicker; It's only going to get worse the bigger BTS gets, and yes, BTS is going to get BIGGER.

I said it before and I'll say it again; This is just the beginning of the rise of BTS. If you think Dynamite was their peak then you sorely don't get IT and you certainly never got BTS's music and its impact on their fans and vice versa.

They are far beyond the reach of K Pop now. Why I am not worried about BTS getting "dragged" as they get bigger?

Well, for one, they're grown ass men and I'm positive they know all the twist and turns that their road to success will lead them on.

When Halsey told BTS that there were actually "good people here" I fucking gagged a bit. Really now?! Wow, I wasn't aware of that!

BTS, when it's all said and done, will go down in the same vein as Michael Jackson and Nirvana. And even if BTS called it quits after Butter, they're still going down in history.

No one reaches the top of this business without getting dragged in the mud.

Just wait until the rappers start coming at BTS like Eminem went at boy groups in the late 90s/ early 2000s because it's coming! LOL. BTS will be fine.

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• I live in the US too, and I know damn well people will never not drag them for wearing makeup, being of Asian descent, not singing in English, for being a "boyband", having many women in their fanbase, etc. They will always find something.

People are immature and will make fun of things they don't understand, if they aren't scared by it first.

What we as ARMYs can do is not stand for it when it happens (not if), and let people respectfully know that BTS has a positive impact on those they reach through their content.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Just wait until the rappers start coming at BTS like Eminem went at boy groups in the late 90s/ early 2000s because it's coming!

That's funny, because we've already had several rappers from other countries plagiarize beats from BTS songs (I remember one guy used the "Ddaeng" instrumental and it was blatant), and when armys mass reported the video and let the guy know he stole the beat, he lashed out in a very mean way.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• You made some very good points here.

"Dragging" BTS is quite normalized at this point, so it baffles me why people fear it :melon_think: Not everybody has to like them.

I'm actually looking toward the day when BTS starts to do the dragging. We've certainly seen shades of that from them here and there LOL.

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

Edited once, last by cherry-boy ().

• I live in the US too, and I know damn well people will never not drag them for wearing makeup, being of Asian descent, not singing in English, for being a "boyband", having many women in their fanbase, etc. They will always find something.

People are immature and will make fun of things they don't understand, if they aren't scared by it first.

What we as ARMYs can do is not stand for it when it happens (not if), and let people respectfully know that BTS has a positive impact on those they reach through their content.

:yesr:

You truly are a massive k pop fan (This is actually a problem but I'll save that for another thread jk)

• That's funny, because we've already had several rappers from other countries plagiarize beats from BTS songs (I remember one guy used the "Ddaeng" instrumental and it was blatant), and when armys mass reported the video and let the guy know he stole the beat, he lashed out in a very mean way.

I meant actually diss not make whack records trying to sound like BTS LOL.

• I meant actually diss not make whack records trying to sound like BTS LOL.

Plagiarizing their beats is one step closer to full diss tracks being written about them, if that ever happens. I'm curious to see how someone would do it, because once you study them, it's hard to find anything to hate.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Plagiarizing their beats is one step closer to full diss tracks being written about them, if that ever happens. I'm curious to see how someone would do it, because once you study them, it's hard to find anything to hate.

You could say the same for rappers like 2Pac, Jay-Z and Nas but rappers went at them ALL the time LOL.

• Being dragged online isn't the worse thing that can happen. I personally think BTS has the fortitude to survive and still find the positive after. Even Prince did fine after being booed by the audience.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Being dragged online isn't the worse thing that can happen. I personally think BTS has the fortitude to survive and still find the positive after. Even Prince did fine after being booed by the audience.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Whomever was Prince's agent at the time, set him up for failure on that one LOL. But we know BTS isn't opening up for ANYONE at this point.

• I personally think it's good that ARMY is standing up against the industry discrimination and racism, not because it's BTS specifically, but because it's been happening since forever, and this is just not acceptable. Not for BTS, not for anyone else.

What I do agree with is that BTS doesn't need to be 'protected' by ARMY. They know exactly what they are doing. They are men in the mid to late twenty with more power and money than most people will ever have, they are okay. They have reached a level of control over their own career that is pretty much unprecedented, and they are smart enough to pick their fights, and let some of them go.

I don't think anyone should be 'afraid' or 'worried' about them :pepemusic:

• I personally think it's good that ARMY is standing up against the industry discrimination and racism, not because it's BTS specifically, but because it's been happening since forever, and this is just not acceptable. Not for BTS, not for anyone else.

What I do agree with is that BTS doesn't need to be 'protected' by ARMY. They know exactly what they are doing. They are men in the mid to late twenty with more power and money than most people will ever have, they are okay. They have reached a level of control over their own career that is pretty much unprecedented, and they are smart enough to pick their fights, and let some of them go.

This deserves best answer.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Whomever was Prince's agent at the time, set him up for failure on that one LOL. But we know BTS isn't opening up for ANYONE at this point.

I've always wondered why kpop groups don't have opening acts when it would be a good opportunity for the Rookie groups of the same company.

I'm afraid for what might happen if BTS decides to fight back. I would love to hear them make some diss tracks! :mad:

• I'm lowkey expecting this because I want to see rap-line going off at them. :eyes: They've been so chill recently lol

Yes! Imagine BTS dropping something like this on their haters

• I've always wondered why kpop groups don't have opening acts when it would be a good opportunity for the Rookie groups of the same company.

You bring up a very good point. It would be a smart business decision. Imagine TXT opening for BTS? Take my money 2x

• They have some diss tracks :eyes:

But I'm always down for more, ngl.

Oh, I know but I'm talking something on the level of this

• Oh, I know but I'm talking something on the level of this

I am waiting for you to mention 'Hit 'em up'....

• I am waiting for you to mention 'Hit 'em up'....

yeah but what on earth could possibly piss BTS off so much as to drop something like that? LOL

• I've always wondered why kpop groups don't have opening acts when it would be a good opportunity for the Rookie groups of the same company.

ARMYs for the most part, are a “one-group” stan. They go to concerts to see BTS and BTS alone. Plus the boys have so many songs that their fans want to hear/see during concerts that setting aside half an hour (in a 2-hour concert) for another group means less time for BTS songs.

There are 7 of them. They can use this to minimize fatigue by spacing out solo performances and group performances. This is not an option for concerts of artists like Taylor or Ariana or the other single artists. They have to be in all of the songs, which makes narrowing down their performance time the sensible choice.

P.S. I actually would not mind, say, TXT doing a couple of songs at the start of their concert. The exposure for them will be enormous.

• They don't? TWICE, MAMAMOO, GD and g.o.d. have opened IU concerts. IU has also opened an Apink Eunji concert.

I wasn't aware of that, but that is good to know. It doesn't seem to be a very common thing though. I just thought financially and logistically using an opening act from the same company would be fairly easy. So why wouldn't they take advantage of it more frequently.

• ARMYs for the most part, are a “one-group” stan. They go to concerts to see BTS and BTS alone. Plus the boys have so many songs that their fans want to hear/see during concerts that setting aside half an hour (in a 2-hour concert) for another group means less time for BTS songs.

There are 7 of them. They can use this to minimize fatigue by spacing out solo performances and group performances. This is not an option for concerts of artists like Taylor or Ariana or the other single artists. They have to be in all of the songs, which makes narrowing down their performance time the sensible choice.

P.S. I actually would not mind, say, TXT doing a couple of songs at the start of their concert. The exposure for them will be enormous.

Makes sense. But I would love a super tour featuring the biggest acts in K Pop :cryingr:

• yeah but what on earth could possibly piss BTS off so much as to drop something like that? LOL

That's a good question lol. I guess if someone from the west whom they trust betrays them or if multiple hip hop artists call them out. I cannot think of anything rn. We might also get East vs West, if you know what I mean.

• This thread contains 46 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!