Is golf a pretentious sport?

• Not only is golfing pretentious, golf courses are terrible for wildlife ecosystems, consumption of water, and also often lead to crazy jumps in prices of housing and goods in the area (because golfers are seen as wealthy) that can shut out regular/poor people.

• Seems Golf Courses are used to build houses around. Japanese really like the Sport. It appears to be a nice way to be outdoors and socialize. Country Club memberships can be pricey. So much so it is a status symbol.

I was a Photographer at some Golf Charity events. Got to tool around in a Golf Cart and photograph all the Golfers. Many events had Alcohol Bars set up at each Tee-off. Each Bar specializing in a unique Cocktail. It wasn't required but most players had a drink for every Tee-off. Eighteen Tee-offs amounts to a lot of Alcohol. XD Many were drunk off their butts by the Ten Hole.

• Seems Golf Courses are used to build houses around. Japanese really like the Sport. It appears to be a nice way to be outdoors and socialize. Country Club memberships can be pricey. So much so it is a status symbol.

I was a Photographer at some Golf Charity events. Got to tool around in a Golf Cart and photograph all the Golfers. Many events had Alcohol Bars set up at each Tee-off. Each Bar specializing in a unique Cocktail. It wasn't required but most players had a drink for every Tee-off. Eighteen Tee-offs amounts to a lot of Alcohol. XD Many were drunk off their butts by the Ten Hole.

That sounds charity game for golfers.. :rolleyes1:

A friend told me theres a job in US golf courses that some dived in the water pits to pick up golf balls and sell them.:confused:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!