Is Mouse OVERRATED?

• I'm into crime-thrillers & mystery dramas lately. I've been reading discussions about Mouse in this thread.

It's mind-boggling! You have to guard your emotions esp when you review the preview stills. I just blurted WHAT!??!? :-D

This drama is a good example of "this is the truth, are you still hoping for redemption?" Go Moo Chi is my fave character.

Lee Seung Gi's performance is over-the-top. What a way for him to show what he can really do as an actor.

I don't think Mouse is overrated. The story is intended to be written & executed this way because we are learning a lot about a psychopath's behaviors. Very detailed and active.

Who's watching Mouse too?

• Go to Best Answer
  • The drama is very confusing. When they talk about some cases, I don't even know what cases are they talking about lol.

Also, if they continuing humanizing Bo-Reum then it not fun to watch.

This is a drama about psychopath killers, they should stick with that.

Losing memory is fine, but I don't like how they humanizing Bo-Reum.

Bo-Reum already remembers who he is so he should start killing more people after that.

• I haven't watched Ep17 because I saw some spoilers in TW.

LSG is doing a great job being a psychopath BUT the storytelling is a bit OFF now X/

• I haven't watched Ep17 because I saw some spoilers in TW.

LSG is doing a great job being a psychopath BUT the storytelling is a bit OFF now X/

I think the switch-brain part ruined the storyline for me.

They are trying to use the switch-brain to humanize LSG in the drama.

LSG is supposed to be a psychopath killer, but he gets brain switched.

The writer trying to show that LSG regrets his action which I think is not good.

Also, I think the oz part is an unnecessary storyline.

• Best Answer

I'm going to quite honest with you, the plot of the drama is retarded.

The plot is that the government wants to stop murders and psychopath's who kill them so they resort to killing unborn fetuses because they can test the DNA of these unborn fetuses and determine whether they will turn out to be a psychopath in the future or not. Like right from the start this plot is wrong in so many ways, I'm amazed nobody questioned the screenwriter who wrote this braindead script.

Now, let's think about this for a second, the government can perform a test to determine whether the unborn fetus will be a murderer or not. Then what about the very circumstances that leads a person to commit crime? People commit crimes for variety of reasons. People commit crimes due to poverty, greed, jealousy, war, religion, unemployment, politics, drugs etc. Does this DNA test account for all the above things? NO, it does not. The DNA test cannot account for if the unborn fetus ends up in poverty in the future, same way it also does not account for if the child grows up to be up to be drug addict or unemployed and hence commit crimes due to said circumstances.

Circumstances Matters. A mere test, that to a DNA test cannot acount for the circumstances that the child will encounter in the future. Even the most kind, caring and compassionate person can turn in the face of circumstances. Circumstances bring out the worst in a human being. Circumstances are ever changing, no person, machine or thing can predict circumstances.

Let me give you a scenario, what happens if the unborn fetus shows no signs of being a psychopath during his DNA tests but after say 15 years down in his life, he is extremely bullied. He will grow in bitterness and agony. What's to say he won't turn out to be a murderer who will kill his bullies in the future? If circumstances are in his favour then he will get proper treatment and probably not resort to killing. But what if the circumstances are not in his favour and he ends up in the lowest point of his life and there is nobody to guide him and he DOES end up killing them. Now you see? Circumstances Matters in life. And these DNA tests don't account for these. So even if these tests are implemented to the world, believe me there will still be psychopaths living amoung us.

Hence, to answer you're question, not only do I think that "Mouse" is over-rated but I also think that the whole drama's plot is retarded. Also whoever wrote the script for this drama is a braindead shithead.

Also I am tagging you guys so that you dont miss this, Cha-Rotaeya Abozu

• WHOA!!!! Thank you for your explanation. VERY.WELL.SAID.

I just want this drama to end and move on. I think they've shown what they need in terms of the physical plot lines. What I hate on Ep 18-19 was absurd writing & Det. Shin ||;(

• Truth be told, I started watching Mouse due to the hype it had garnered and wanted to see for myself what the whole thing was about, but it did'nt take me long to realise the horrible plot; I only watched the 1st episode of Mouse and left the series altogether, in fact I did'nt even get to fully complete the 1st episode....I left watching it mid-way, that's how repulsed I was and felt that I could'nt possibly take 20 episodes of these.

Also sorry that it took so long for me to get back to you; the weather where I live had turned out to be way worse than the usual rain. The rain and wind had toppled trees and power lines so we had no electricity and internet for the whole day yesterday.

• Not at all. Crime Kdrama always have those plot holes you need to get over with so you can enjoy them. Fast pace since early episodes, so many riddles that keeps you interested.

This is one of the best despite some complaints. I've been saying this bareum dude is the killer since first episode because he comes out of nowhere. But the writers managed to convince me otherwise that I was shocked when my first guess proven right.

I want bareum to suffer a more horrible death, he's dying in a church after killing a kid doesn't sit right with me.

• Not at all. Crime Kdrama always have those plot holes you need to get over with so you can enjoy them. Fast pace since early episodes, so many riddles that keeps you interested.

This is one of the best despite some complaints. I've been saying this bareum dude is the killer since first episode because he comes out of nowhere. But the writers managed to convince me otherwise that I was shocked when my first guess proven right.

I want bareum to suffer a more horrible death, he's dying in a church after killing a kid doesn't sit right with me.

justscrolling Hi..do you want Ba Reum to be murdered as well just like what he did? Actually, he was suffering since he was a kid. He was abandoned by his mom. That I think is more horrible than death.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!