do you think releasing ITZY comeback on 1 PM kst is a big mistake and bad decision from JYP ?

• The song debuted on #95 at Melon old chart and now out from top 100 melon old chart (we are not talking about the new 24hits system) .. knetz believe its due to the wrong timing of release

Post response : 1199

Instiz

Netizens comments :

- Is it because it's released at 1 pm?

- Wow, but we're still going in at this hour.

- Wow especially the title.

- Let's keep rising!

- Please show a lot of support!

- Wow, we're in at this time.

- Wow, it's released at 1 pm. It's amazing.

- It's coming on 24Hits.

- It's 24hits melon charts???

- The song already out??? I don't know.

• We'll have to wait and see, I thought jyp was crazy for releasing the dalla dalla mv almost 2 days before the songs digital release for a new group but it ended up being a hit anyway.

I don't really know what jyp's goal is this comeback but if korea likes the song enough it will do well regardless.

• I thought the song will be released at 6pm kst in korea as the song isn’t on the front page of melon but then i saw it charted at #95. Not sure if the 1pm release play a big part in the charting position but I genuinely surprised

• girlgroupstan21

Changed the title of the thread from “do you think releasing ITZY comeback on 1 PM kst is a bad decision from JYP ?” to “do you think releasing ITZY comeback on 1 PM kst is a big mistake and bad decision from JYP ?”.
  • I think it just says they are not strong enough in sk for the changing time not affecting them but I’m sure it will rise later and rise more once promotions start

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• The korean charting doesnt matter. The low charting atm is normal for a friday release at that time and that itzy dont have a massive fandom.

Jyp is focusing billboard not korea. I don't think it's a bad idea... I mean can you blame him for wanting to enter the #1 market? I do think he should have debuted itzy in japan first tho

• I thought the song will be released at 6pm kst in korea as the song isn’t on the front page of melon but then i saw it charted at #95. Not sure if the 1pm release play a big part in the charting position but I genuinely surprised

melon updates their front page every 6pm kst. it’ll start gaining more traction once they do that.

this is exactly why a 1 pm release isn’t exactly favorable for groups that are not bts or blackpink...

• I think JYP should've just done 6pm KST anyway to help the song in Korea. I don't think the extra 5 hours tracking in America is going to greatly affect their overall charting.

"Bunch of wannabes that wanna be me, me three if I was you"

• First things first, Friday release for any kpop group is illogical if you are not charting on Billboard charts imo. If you are charting there or have data showing you have more fans or buyers in the west than in Asia then it is reasonable. I don't think I have seen that much interest in Itzy here yet with all due respect.

Btw I have a feeling JYPE is going to release English version of the song so it would have been better if they had released English version on Friday and OG version on Monday.

I don't stan them but they have impressed me so much so that they were close to becoming my first kpop girl group.

Congratulations on the release, Itzy and Midzys. All the best.

• I dont understand how it works. Can someone explain to me why its more beneficial in korea for a song to be released at a later time?

Edit: is it because more people in korea are listening during 6pm?

Based on what i understand , 6pm kst is the time when most of the ppl are going back from work school etc and resting so they have so much free time whilw on 1pm kst are peak hour where everyone is busy to even check their phone......??

• I dont understand how it works. Can someone explain to me why its more beneficial in korea for a song to be released at a later time?

Edit: is it because more people in korea are listening during 6pm?

Yes. Because songs usually peak at around 8am-12pm and 5pm-8pm when people go to school/work and comeback home.

• With this kind of songs and release time, I think JYP have given up Korean charts at this point. Let's see how well they'll do on global charts but I'm not very positive about it either...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!