Why has the tide turned on Mina (AOA)?

• So originally when the AOA bullying situation was revealed everyone and I mean, EVERYONE, was hating on Jimin and the other AOA members. Everyone took Mina's side without fail. Now it seems like Mina is getting more hate than anyone, to the point where even Jimin is getting defended. I don't care one way or the other because I'm not that invested in the group but why are people hating on Mina so much now? Is it because she keeps posting self harm photos on Instagram, or because she recently got that nurse fired or whatever?

Coming from someone who has anxiety, to the point where I sometimes hyperventilate daily and then zone out as if in a daze, I understand how difficult it is to control your mental state. I genuinely hope Mina gets the help she needs because I really don't want to see another suicide in this industry. At the same time, she has a considerable influence + audience and staying off of social media is critical at this point.

EDIT: I think this video might have something to do with it. It was uploaded recently and is getting a lot of views.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by 05riaha ().

• Honestly during this last week i've been noticing in a lot of kpop communities, instagram, tiktok and youtube, that people have begun doubting the whole veracity(?) of Mina's story, but I didn't pay enough attention to all the proofs of it, so Idk, but that video was related to many of the people who started to doubt her

• Honestly during this last week i've been noticing in a lot of kpop communities, instagram, tiktok and youtube, that people have begun doubting the whole veracity(?) of Mina's story, but I didn't pay enough attention to all the proofs of it, so Idk, but that video was related to many of the people who started to doubt her

Yeah I just found that video and watched it and it seems that's why so many people are doubting Mina/defending Jimin.

• She should really just stay off social media and it really doesnt help that she doesnt wanna get help and just wanna post things everytime and doesnt listen to the people that tell her to go get help.

Have you seen her new photo on instagram? it's already deleted but it's just a picture of her blood, and I don't even blame the people saying that she wants attention because that's literally what shes doing

• what infuriates me is how she is still on social media...

what is her family doing? they should be spending time with her and she needs to log off her socials, she is not in a state to look at them..

She really needs actual help

posting self harm images triggers people who are already sucidal but it also indicates a call for help, so I don't want to judge her upon that.. but one thing I know is that her instagram needs to be logged out/banned.

Many people have shown their support and are always giving her well wishes yet she is still unable to filter out the hate, therefore being on public platforms is definitely a no to her

• She should really just stay off social media and it really doesnt help that she doesnt wanna get help and just wanna post things everytime and doesnt listen to the people that tell her to go get help.

Have you seen her new photo on instagram? it's already deleted but it's just a picture of her blood, and I don't even blame the people saying that she wants attention because that's literally what shes doing

I don't think u get what it feels to be hopeless like mina is, she want someone, anybody to tell her to keep living that what she goes to sns. It may appear self-centered to some but when u are this disassociated as she is and been thru what she has been asking for attention is the last thing u can blame anybody bc nobody was there for her when she was hurting in the past.

Idk where op been looking but I haven't see anybody defending jimin or maybe I don't follow people that do that.

Also it's easy to say, get off sns, get a doctor, get help and u will be fine soon, but it's not, it's not fucking easy

• I don't think u get what it feels to be hopeless like mina is, she want someone, anybody to tell her to keep living that what she goes to sns. It may appear self-centered to some but when u are this disassociated as she is and been thru what she has been asking for attention is the last thing u can blame anybody bc nobody was there for her when she was hurting in the past.

Idk where op been looking but I haven't see anybody defending jimin or maybe I don't follow people that do that.

Also it's easy to say, get off sns, get a doctor, get help and u will be fine soon, but it's not, it's not fucking easy

Bruh I know it's not easy but she literally isnt making any effort to actually do anything about, and there's no one ive seen that she's with, literally lots of people have been telling her to get some help and want to help, but all she does is ignore it and just see the haters and the haters only, and that's the problem.

And yes I know its not easy to get off sns and get a doctor, but that's literally the only fucking thing she has to do to get better but she literally has done any fucking effort to do so and just ignore everything

You can't expect to get people to help you when you yourself haven't any thing to help yourself either and just keep putting it off

• Bruh I know it's not easy but she literally isnt making any effort to actually do anything about, and there's no one ive seen that she's with, literally lots of people have been telling her to get some help and want to help, but all she does is ignore it and just see the haters and the haters only, and that's the problem.

And yes I know its not easy to get off sns and get a doctor, but that's literally the only fucking thing she has to do to get better but she literally has done any fucking effort to do so and just ignore everything

You can't expect to get people to help you when you yourself haven't any thing to help yourself either and just keep putting it off

You think she hasn't seen doctors and therapists? From what I remember she has but they've been unable to help her which only complicates things. The mental health industry in Korea is absolute shit

• Her mind isn't in a good state.

One thing that I would actually think FNC is doing good is that unlike DSP, they aren't actually out there trying to sue people and make things worse for Mina. DSP is like making things ultra ugly with April and Hyunjoo controversy by debunking her claims blah blah but at least for FNC, they understand that Mina isn't in the right mental state and isn't trying to make things worse for her.

Like lets say even if Jimin mistreating Mina isn't that bad as we might thought it would be, she probably don't want to make things worse for Mina as well because ultimately I think she actually still cares for her. They know that Mina needs actual help.

Controversial opinion but I do feel that Mina's side of the story has been blown up like back then during the scandals many edited videos surfaced showing "evidence of mistreatment", but it's basically cut and paste scenes of like "Jimin ignoring Mina" sort of thing that don't prove anything. Same thing is happening now with April (although April's one seem more sus)

• Have you seen her new photo on instagram? it's already deleted but it's just a picture of her blood, and I don't even blame the people saying that she wants attention because that's literally what shes doing

Was that really her blood? It's said she took the pic from internet. If this was true, undoubtedly, the tide turnt.

Jimin wouldn't have left the industry if she wasn't guilty.

She wouldn't have left if she was not canceled. Besides, she might did so in hope this story would end fast and other members could go on.

You think she hasn't seen doctors and therapists? From what I remember she has but they've been unable to help her which only complicates things. The mental health industry in Korea is absolute shit

No doctor can help if the patient not cooperate. Any doctor will ask depression patient to be away from social media.

• okay THIS!

I'd like to start out by saying I hope Mina can get help because she desperately needs it. Also I want to say that I am not a witness and know absolutely nothing other than the stories reported.

FNC still has some explaining to do, but at least they didn't force her to stay under the company like DSP did to Hyunjoo, even after she left the group. They got a lot of crap for making the AOA members and managers apologize to Mina in-person just as an act to "save face," but at least they didn't just deny it all and sue Mina for defamation. What they should have done was resolved this issues between Mina and Jimin so the workplace was less toxic, and they failed at that.

Regarding Jimin vs. Mina, I think it's clear that they didn't get along at all. Mina was probably super timid and Jimin was probably super demanding and those two personalities clashed. Jimin would get frustrated that Mina wasn't doing exactly what she told her to do, and Mina got frustrated that she was getting bossed around and scolded for not reaching those expectations. (I imagine April was in a similar situation; Hyunjoo was super timid and would get bossed around by older members and fail to meet their expectations, so everybody ended up getting frustrated with each other). The straw that broke the camel's back was when Jimin was like "stop being upset and look happy" after Mina's father passed away. Like that really hurt her and their relationship just couldn't get fixed and probably got worse and worse after that. Putting myself in Jimin's shoes though, this was around the time Like A Cat promotions were happening and AOA has FINALLY made it big. Jimin was probably super stressed and worried about all 7 members having a perfect image, to the point where she lacked empathy in that instance and said the wrong thing. I'm not excusing what she said, but figuring out why. Then when Jimin's father passed away, she apologized to Mina because she could relate to that situation. Even Mina admits she did apologize.

I'm a little upset Mina brought up Jimin bringing guys into their apartment. Of all the things you could have said, she brought up the thing that she knows affects a fellow woman in the industry the most. Plus being sexiled, that's just part of having a roommate, it happens to all of us, it's not bullying. But putting myself in Mina's shoes that was probably just the first thing that came to her mind and she posted it without thinking twice.

I partially agree that if Jimin were truly vile, she would have just denied and not apologized. She did initially deny it, but that was probably a knee-jerk reaction (I mean she just posted the word "lies" and deleted in minutes; plus denial is the first stage in the five stages of grief). I think she probably does feel guilty because deep down she knows she is a big reason why Mina is going through these hard times. She decided to quit the industry and isolate because she knows people hate her, but also maybe for Mina's mental state to some degree.

I don't know if this comes across as defending Jimin, that's not what I want. More of just a trying to understand this situation and putting myself in both of their shoes and determining potential theories.

• Thing is I personally don't think that Jimin is that vile as people make her out to be. But of course I don't deny that the actions that Jimin did probably did hurt Mina a lot. But at least she didn't try to make things worse for her.

The video OP posted actually made me rethink about some stuff, if you haven't watch it.

• Thing is I personally don't think that Jimin is that vile as people make her out to be. But of course I don't deny that the actions that Jimin did probably did hurt Mina a lot. But at least she didn't try to make things worse for her.

The video OP posted actually made me rethink about some stuff, if you haven't watch it.

I haven't seen it yet either. I don't know about Jimin's actual personality, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was more personality clashes than bullying, especially since the other members got along with her and Mina (to a degree)

• I imagine that there were things we in the west would see as bullying by Jimin to Mina, so I am ok with what happened to Jimin. But I also said that Mina needed a lot of help, she still does, I do not know why she continues to be in the entertainment industry, she is going of end in a very bad place if this continues.

• Part of it is the massive stigma that self harm is only for attention. I've even seen that mindset on here which is a tad disappointing

I think is more than this, i guess a lot of ifans don't know a lot things (myself included), i saw kfans saying that Mina had one or various IG lives (?) where she said the reason why she blamed Seolhyun is because she brought a puppy home without consulting her and warning her about dating some guys, then she went how only her, Jimin and Hyejeong were living in the dorm (probably speaking about different times?not sure) and things like this, she had some talks about the president (not sure about this one) and now with the nurse thing. She seams to speak nonsense so now people don't know if to take her word for it or she's exaggerating things.

I don't follow their scandal, i'm not korean and don't speak korean but thats what i read this past days. Somebody correct me if i'm not wrong.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by SunnySun ().

• Mina stated before that her therapist isnt helping her and seeing how Korea is really backwards with how they treat and talk about depression just shows the lack of care she is getting. Just look at the recent comments by k-netz telling her to get over it or she’s going “overboard”. But that YouTuber is disgusting. She complains about people attacking her views in her recent video but is undervaluing what Mina has went through and talking over her. Acting like she was a fly on the wall to know the situation at hand. A lot of people like to talk their shit since we are hiding behind our screens but until someone gets hurt y’all can’t take back what you said.

And I don’t know if anyone can help Mina. She has stated twice now that they aren’t helping her and have been rude towards her. Which should be a clear warning sign that she’s in trouble. Leaving positive messages is basically all we can do...

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

Edited 2 times, last by Park_Oppa ().

• Mina stated before that her therapist isnt helping her and seeing how Korea is really backwards with how they treat and talk about depression just shows the lack of care she is getting. Just look at the recent comments by k-netz telling her to get over it or she’s going “overboard”. But that YouTuber is disgusting. She complains about people attacking her views in her recent video but is undervaluing what Mina has went through and talking over her. Acting like she was a fly on the wall to know the situation at hand. A lot of people like to talk their shit since we are hiding behind our screens but until someone gets hurt y’all can’t take back what you said.

And I don’t know if anyone can help Mina. She has stated twice now that they aren’t helping her and have been rude towards her. Which should be a clear warning sign that she’s in trouble. Leaving positive messages is basically all we can do...

Can you explain to me how you think that YouTuber is talking over her? I feel like she raised a lot of great points and various inconsistencies. We don't know the true situation at hand either, so I feel it's unfair to say that YouTuber is acting like a fly on the wall. We don't know the full truth either and we're just speculating, regardless of our views or opinions about the situation. I do agree that her therapist isn't helping her and I think all of us can see that.

• I don't think Jimin leaving the industry if she wasn't guilty is necessarily true. Watch some or all of the video that I posted. I am wishing the best for Mina though.

I don't have the time to watch fanmade Videos. First you weren't there so you don't know what happened. 2nd, I believe, if someone is truly innocent, he/she wouldn't just throw away their whole career just like that.

• I don't have the time to watch fanmade Videos. First you weren't there so you don't know what happened. 2nd, I believe, if someone is truly innocent, he/she wouldn't just throw away their whole career just like that.

Don't watch it then lmao idc and you weren't there either so you don't know what happened. It works both ways but nice try.

• I don't have the time to watch fanmade Videos. First you weren't there so you don't know what happened. 2nd, I believe, if someone is truly innocent, he/she wouldn't just throw away their whole career just like that.

so you think that after what mina posted, people like you left something that jimin can save..lol to your word

• Mina stated before that her therapist isn't helping her and seeing how Korea is really backwards with how they treat and talk about depression just shows the lack of care she is getting. Just look at the recent comments by k-netz telling her to get over it or she’s going “overboard”. But that YouTuber is disgusting. She complains about people attacking her views in her recent video but is undervaluing what Mina has went through and talking over her. Acting like she was a fly on the wall to know the situation at hand. A lot of people like to talk their shit since we are hiding behind our screens but until someone gets hurt y’all can’t take back what you said.

bro I have only a question for you, All the points that YouTuber made can you prove one of those points false if you can then we will talk...otherwise don't destroy somebody's life and carrier like that...

• Don't watch it then lmao idc and you weren't there either so you don't know what happened. It works both ways but nice try.

No but I would rather believe someone who tried to commit suicide than someone who left the entertainment industry just like that.

• coming from a former/current aoa fan and a "former" mina bias

1. she's lazy to go to work

2. im confused why she started posting on instagram after the bullying incidient, getting "cfs" apparently

also to add along the video, luna follows her AND they posted together. so the video has a few "flaws" (idk what word to use)

also to add along, mina is a scary person and i was on mina's side then i was neutral then i started to lean onto jimin's side as im currently watching this video.

if i said anything bad about jimin, plz forgive me

• Mina is mentally ill. People need to understand that she literally cannot help herself, she needs other people to step in. It isn't her fault that she's self harming, she literally needs help, and people are acting like she's the villain because she's still depressed even after Jimin left the industry. Did they think everything would be okay if Jimin left? That's not how mental illness works. Kpoppies need to keep the same energy and follow through on their initial support, knetz need to find a way to reach her family and get her the help she desperately needs.

how about kim jung hyun and seohyun?

• This thread contains 33 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!