To American friends here

• Super popular! We have a large mexican and puerto rican population in my city (Columbus) so we have a lot of mexican food trucks and puerto rican restaturants here!

I just had birria tacos last night!

Taco Bell for weird fusion items (quasoclupa lol) and Chipotle for burritos!

~ ω

• Which one of Taco Bell and Chipotle do you prefer and why?

not actually Mexican food. ;-) If I had to pick I'd say Chipotle, although it's hard to beat Taco Bell at 2am after the bars close lol.

I live in Texas, so tons of Mexican food. Tex-Mex everywhere of course, "real" Mexican lots of places too albeit you have to try a bit harder to find it. For tacos best bet is one of many Taco Trucks around the city.

This is an actual mexican taco:

al-pastor-taco-1024x1024.jpeg

If "taco and burrito" are all you know of Mexican food then you are missing out. Especially since the Tacos and Burritos at Taco Bell and Chipotle are basically boring versions of Tex Mex or California-Mex, rather than actual Mexican.

My actual favorite regional variation is New-Mexican. Hatch Chiles are magic.

1707255efc2cdaa0c691af665308725f.jpg

• Did you make your own taco sometimes?

Do you make tortilla by yourself?

sometimes but it's not as good as the trucks or restaurants!

Haven't made my own tortilla before!

~ ω

• Tortilla in picture looks cool..are they from supermarket or hand made? they baked it on flat top till charred and the surface popped up ..tempting.

What about Hatch Chiles in the 2nd pic? is that a restaurant or a type of chile?

That plate looks spicy tho..eat that with corn bread?

• Tortilla in picture looks cool..are they from supermarket or hand made? they baked it on flat top till charred and the surface popped up ..tempting.

What about Hatch Chiles in the 2nd pic? is that a restaurant or a type of chile?

That plate looks spicy tho..eat that with corn bread?

those are probably handmade tortillas. Usually for true mexican tacos they are dipped in a bit of oil and quickly cooked on a flat top. They stay soft though, not crispy. Although looking more closely at that pic those almost look like wheat flour tortillas, which would be unusual for mexican tacos. Normally corn. It might be white corn though.

Hatch Chile is a type of chile only grown in New Mexico, the Hatch region specifically.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Mexico_chile#Hatch_chile.

It's ripe green form and Dry Red form are both used to make sauces. In New Mexico the most common question about Mexican food is "Red or Green", ie, which chili sauce do you want.

And yes, it can be very spicy. Most people would consider New Mexico sauces Medium-Hot to Hot. And yes in New Mexico they do sometimes serve cornbread with the food.

Most of what people call "Mexican" food in the US is actually a variation of Tex Mex. Crispy Tacos, Burritos, etc, covered in cheese and a sauce with a side of beans and rice is basically Tex Mex.

• Mexican food isn't as popular in Canada compared to when I lived in the states. There are a decent amount of legit Mexican joints here though, just none that are really close to me. We've got a lot of burrito places though.

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• In my state, not really

There is some Latinos n Hispanics in my state

But I bet u in other states there is way more Latinos n Hispanics

But in my state not really

There is some Mexican food around here

Me, I like Mexican food, it slaps

Tbh Ion think Taco Bell or Chipotle are real Mexican food

But I like Taco Bell, it taste nice even tho it is prolly made from not good stuff

“Welcome to good burger, home of the good burger, can I take your order?”

• It is very popular and since I am Mexican myself, I literally eat traditional Mexican dishes every day. <3:thumbup:

And to answer your question, I dislike both Chipotle & Taco Bell.

work in progress

• Did they put cornmeal or alike in corn tortilla's dough..i mean those yellowish tortilla

Are you saying Tex Mex has dominated main stream US Mexican food flavor before and rather than California? they both have hugh Mexican population ..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!