Sparkling Water: Soda's Good Twin, And Why You Should Switch Right Now.

• So recently, I started bringing hope sparkling water rather than a 12 pack of sprite/coke cans (which don't even taste good atp), and honestly, my life has changed. Sparkling water tastes sooo much better especially with flavors that i often bring home. So I decided to go on a hunt to figure out which was better, soda or sparkling water. and the answer was the water! i looked through the nutrient labels on the back of each item and compared it carefully, taking the trans fat, sugars of all kinds into consideration, as well as paying a visit to the good old Healthline! (link down below in spoiler) I discovered that carbonated/sparkling water has a much lower risk to your teeth, in addition to this, they also talked about how although carbonated water in acidic, its almost the same as water while in comparison to other sodas which have a much higher chance of damaging your teeth. There are also no studies showing that it leads to calcium loss (which is an important mineral for our bones), while it shows a significantly larger amount for our bestie with friend chicken- Coka-Cola.

• Always use a straw to drink acidic drinks, whether it's soda or orange juice. The acid in these beverages is what destroys enamel.

Anyway, I agree. Sparkling water is far healthier.

yep! except i feel cool while using a straw so i do for most things

• or...just drink water...normal tap (I prefer to boil it and filter it first but each to their own) water

boiling/filtering removes natural minerals, no?

but then again the pipes can be extremely bad in some areas and others can also have hard water which def needs to be boiled :/

• boiling/filtering removes natural minerals, no?

but then again the pipes can be extremely bad in some areas and others can also have hard water which def needs to be boiled :/

Does Boiling Water Remove Minerals? No. Generally speaking, boiling water can help to kill the harmful bacteria in drinking water. Other than that, even if the water's temperature rises over 100 degree Celsius (212 degrees Fahrenheit), it doesn't remove any minerals.

the bolded part is true so there may be other substances in the water which boiling does not remove and needs to be filtered...

• Does Boiling Water Remove Minerals? No. Generally speaking, boiling water can help to kill the harmful bacteria in drinking water. Other than that, even if the water's temperature rises over 100 degree Celsius (212 degrees Fahrenheit), it doesn't remove any minerals.

the bolded part is true so there may be other substances in the water which boiling does not remove and needs to be filtered...

ahhh okk, i learned about this in 8th grade so my memory is a little rusty lol

• lowkey same tho

my parents don't want us drinking too much soda, which is what got me thinking about it

• ahhh okk, i learned about this in 8th grade so my memory is a little rusty lol

I'm always an advocate of drinking normal water with boiling or filtering as the case may be since it's cheaper and healthier and (depending on where you are) should also contain flouride to help with teeth

• I'm always an advocate of drinking normal water with boiling or filtering as the case may be since it's cheaper and healthier and (depending on where you are) should also contain flouride to help with teeth

ofc you would know about this

its occoured me that by the time a guy becomes a father he becomes freakishly knowledgable in these types of things. cool knowledge. :thumbup:

good job being a parents selfmate, i bet ur kinds will be proud of you!

• ofc you would know about this

its occoured me that by the time a guy becomes a father he becomes freakishly knowledgable in these types of things. cool knowledge. :thumbup:

good job being a parents selfmate, i bet ur kinds will be proud of you!

nah i knew about these things when i was younger - has no bearing whether i was a parent or not lol

just random information about the water in my city from asking the question to my parents when i was younger

"why do we still boil water"

• nah i knew about these things when i was younger - has no bearing whether i was a parent or not lol

just random information about the water in my city from asking the question to my parents when i was younger

"why do we still boil water"

lmaoo i never asked that cuz my parents never did it lol

honestly, I'm not really as curious as i should be. i just kinda know things and move on with life using what i have

• lmaoo i never asked that cuz my parents never did it lol

honestly, I'm not really as curious as i should be. i just kinda know things and move on with life using what i have

well I've always had an inquisitive nature...

I remember in one of my classes at university after i'd ask too many questions

the professor said

"would selfmate please shut up and if he has anymore questions please see me after class"

• well I've always had an inquisitive nature...

I remember in one of my classes at university after i'd ask too many questions

the professor said

"would selfmate please shut up and if he has anymore questions please see me after class"

that's so sad kjdaskdj

its good to ask questions but yeah sometimes they can be annoying

• I actually hate sparkling water. I'd choose still any day. Sparkling has a weird taste to me ;(

Although I recently learned that some sparkling water is carbonated from nature, which I find fascinating.

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• I also just prefer normal water. I don't like soda, sugary drinks or carbonated drinks at all.

But if someone does, it's good to know this is a good substitute!

• I actually hate sparkling water. I'd choose still any day. Sparkling has a weird taste to me ;(

Although I recently learned that some sparkling water is carbonated from nature, which I find fascinating.

really?? i did not know that like fr!

• I also just prefer normal water. I don't like soda, sugary drinks or carbonated drinks at all.

But if someone does, it's good to know this is a good substitute!

wow i didn't know so many people didn't like soda :/

• This thread contains 55 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!