Should JYP stop writing songs for ITZY? ITZY should be allowed to write their own songs

• I am mean all the ITZY successful songs on charts are Dalla Dalla and Wannabe written and composed by Galaticka. ICY and Not Shy written Jay Why Pee did decently on K chart. Not Shy promotion unfortunately was blocked by BTS Dynamite last year.

I just don't understand why JYP always has to insert himself into Twice and now his new obsession is ITZY. Poor Girls. Can he let ITZY write their own songs or at least have Galaticka write a song again or even any other song but his song be title track?

I like ITZY but Shoot is clearly the favorite for most and not Mafia in the morning. It's good but I just think Shoot or even Kidding Me would have done better on charts.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• because this guy have a bigger ego than anybody on earth

the only reason why he keep forcing his gg to promote the song he write it's because if this song are successfull, he'll be able to take all the credit for making his GG successfull with his own song

but he need to understand that the song he write are the one who are the less successfull usually

honestly i feel like he try to sabotage his own GG by doing this, Itzy was so big after Dalla dalla but he had to get involve in their title track and killed their momentum with Icy who's one of the least like Itzy song

and same with Not shy who did worse than Wannabe

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

Edited once, last by SooYoung ().

• Yup, I agree.

Edited once, last by JaSida ().

• JaSida

Changed the title of the thread from “Should JYP stop writing songs for ITZY?” to “Should JYP stop writing songs for ITZY? ITZY should be allowed to write their own songs”.
    • Official Post

Writing their own songs just means they write b sides. Twice has been writing music, but JYP is still involved in their title tracks. I mean even when GOT7 members wrote the songs, JYP still made them change things to suit his vision of the group.

• Writing their own songs just means they write b sides. Twice has been writing music, but JYP is still involved in their title tracks. I mean even when GOT7 members wrote the songs, JYP still made them change things to suit his vision of the group.

Ok that' s fine. At least let ITZY write and compose their own b sides. The fact JYP wouldn't allow GOT7 to write their own songs for years and criticized all of Jay B songs like his songs are good lol.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• YESSS, I don't want ITZY to be called talentless like Blackpink because they don't write their own songs.

• He’s also working on Niziu lmao. Since the girls are huge he ain’t leaving them alone And funny thing is he puts the most work and promo in his own songs than the ones produced and written from someone else. Like he wants the success on him if it does well.

But I said it before and I’ll say it again JYP has a big ego. He wants to collect a lot of song credits like Pokémon. He’s shameless and annoying towards his girl groups compared to how he interferes with his boy groups. Above this I do like the Guess Who album :whistling:

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• Anyone that seriously refers to himself as "TheAsianSoul" will never not push his way into the spotlight.

That being said, i'm honestly not impressed with a single song on this album based on the samplers, whether written by JYP or someone else. They dont sound like the Itzy i grew up with, where is that Icy/Not Shy/Wannabe sound? I hope the complete songs are better. :nervousk:

• I would say "how do we know they can write" but tbh, I say this with no hate, the bar is not that high. I'm sure the members could at least match it.

It's a shame that JYP is involving himself. Stray Kids and Day6 do their own thing, Got7 are free, so I guess he's going to be super focused on Twice and Itzy now.

• he has his days.....didnt he write fs. im fine with him writing a song or two on the album but why does it immediately have to be a title track? mafia not boring but i feel like the other songs were more interesting

• JYP literally stepped down from being the CEO because he wanted to be a producer. Now he's doing what he wants and you guys are mad at him.

He's not just a producer though. He is still the defacto head of that company, he stepped down because he didnt want to deal with the boring mundane stuff that CEOs have to deal with but make no mistake, he still controls every important decision in that company. As long as he's still there, everything goes through him.

I think if he truly only wanted to be a producer, he wouldve just sold his shares and left the company completely and started his own independent music production firm.

TBH though i generally LOVE his music. So Hot, WIL, Feel Special, and Icy are legendary songs, WIL is literally the best cutesy song in Kpop. Signal was fine too, so was More and More, Not Shy, etc. But with respect to the Mafia song for Itzy, i think he made a dud.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!