I was a hardcore fan of a certain group then

• I was a big fan of a certain group for a long time even though I stanned older groups as well. All my friends knew how much I loved them and they became casual fans because of me. I used to buy their albums and merch sometimes for my friends as well.

The group has become very big but I lost my passion for them. Especially after they became too popular and overrated on every tiny little thing. I knew them so well as a fan so I know their potentials and all their released stuff so I KNOW WHEN FANS LIE OR EXAGGERATE something. I styaed away from fanwars because I don’t want to cause hate on the group I once loved by being brutally “honest”.

Times flew and I got into another group. They’re talented and interesting. Obviously have as much toxic fandom because all fandoms are like that but this time I don’t feel like the group is too overrated (all kpop groups are overrated to a certain extent especially by their fans).

They sound and dance great so I don’t mind seeing their fans act like they’re the best of the best (even though I don’t objectively agree that they r the best of everything but they r very close and that is impressive)

Back to the group I once loved. I tried to watch their recent stages because I felt like I was neglecting them somehow. To my shock! They sounded horrible. They were so unbearable to listen to and their dance was lackluster especially after I stanned this other group. I got used to the newer group’s better or more well sang verses. so when I tried coming back to the earlier group my ears couldn’t bear it. I knew that was not their strongest suit from the beginning even when I used to stan them but getting used to the newer group somehow raised my standards for singing in a group and the older group just looked so bad in comparison.

Approved the thread.
  • i really want the names the groups lmao

• we know you're talking about BTS and this new bg is probably some 4th gen (if it isn't NCT). That's okay! That's your opinion even though I don't agree.

• They sounded horrible. They were so unbearable to listen to and their dance was lackluster especially after I stanned this other group. I got used to the newer group’s better or more well sang verses. so when I tried coming back to the earlier group my ears couldn’t bear it.

sbs audio staff approved...

• I am curious how you got that the other group is nct wow

thats what all the salty ex-fans are saying. you do know that your complaints are so tiring too right? you all say the same thing and drag your ex-faves behind polite words.

They sounded horrible. They were so unbearable to listen to and their dance was lackluster especially after I stanned this other group.

this is bashing even if you can't accept that or not. sure its your choice to unstan groups but calling them horrible and lackluster is bashing that group just because your bias is not in their favor anymore. When you are a fan of a group of course you will hype them its not a matter of being overrated but a matter of being biased (but also factual especially if that previous group do have actual accomplishments). When you liked that group, you also probably think they were the best. Their fans are just doing what fans do. What you did. So what's wrong with that?

When your affection for this new group of your fades you will probably be saying the same stuff about them. That they are horrible and lackluster compared to the newest group you'll stan.

• Actually I can relate. Sometimes I would be like “how the hell did I like them before?!” maybe biasedness made you blind

• .... They started pleasing the industry instead of being true to themselves

• It’s just you have change your preferences. But at times your perception about the older group can also be influenced by your new fandom. Do they hate your old fandom and group? If so, that negativity can influence your views and made the songs or the idols look 10 times worse than they actually are.

As you mature, you understand that your taste change as you grew older. And mature people look back to their memories with fondness because that was part of your history and that made you you.

Don’t let others cloud your judgement, otherwise you can never let go and will always have that “jealous ex” mentality. And the only one hurting is you.

• The way everyone knows who you are is hilarious

• I am curious how you got that the other group is nct wow

like how that user said, most ex fans say the same thing. I've heard this way too many times, especially from ex - ARMYs who become NCTzens. The superiority complex from SM bg stans has always been :rolleyes:

of course, you would find your current ults better than anyone else. That's why you stan them!

And I'm not gonna try to change your opinion either. NCT is good group (even though I don't find them interesting).

But I hope you don't act this salty once you move on to another group. Expect idols to be more talented and perfect in the future. Will you drop NCT if another group seems more talented? you sound like you crave perfection.

SM is already investing in AI. In the upcoming decades, AI robots will be the future. They will be the most perfect idols to ever exist. In front of these AI idols, NCT can never compete in terms of talent (if that's all you care about).

• I know what you feel. I don't know why but it has happened to me with some groups too, they were interesting while little-known but the minute they got big, whatever made them interesting fades in the background.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!