BTS vocal ranking with reasoning

• 7. RM

I think his vocals are poor his singing sounds more like slow talking rather than singing I think he is meant to be a rapper

6. Suga

he has potential to get better but like RM He is better off as a rapper

5. J Hope

his vocals are ok he has a very soft voice he has lots of potential however he is not as strong as the next vocalists

4. Jimin

He is good he is a good lead vocalists however he is in this place cause the next 2 vocalists have improved a lot from debut, Jimin tends to strain his vocals a lot

3. Jin

2. Jin/ V

I put them in the same place cause I think they both improved well as for their weaknesses, V tends to yell a bit and Jin he lacks versatility as I think he suits slower songs

1. Jungkook

he is stable and deserves his position as a main vocal he'll get better and better however I think he lacks emotion is his voice

• Dead on from an objective vocal ranking imo, without taking into account anybody’s tonal preferences, although I think JK has definitely showed a lot of emotion in his voice before.

• Jungkook/V > Jimin/Jin

I'm sorry but Jin is overrated by the fandom. I like his voice but despite improving he's still the weakest vocalist in the group and you can hear it when they sing more difficult songs/parts. He has a chesty approach and a good ear and people mistake that for better technique than it is, but he's extremely tense throughout his range. Even Jimin for all his inconsistency manages to stay relaxed for a larger part of his range so I'd rank him higher. Plus V and Jungkook have a shallow sense of support, Jimin and Jin don't.

• I agree with most. Personally I would put Jimin maybe a tad bit higher...like above Jin. It’s amazing how far Jin came, in the beginning he wasn’t much of a singer. He keep improving and he is really good to listen even when he sings higher notes, less...struggle in my opinion. I love how much he improved but I still think Jimin is better. He is still straining a bit but I was actually just the other day watched a DJ. jino reaction and he compared one of his live from how he used to sing the song before and it was really smoother. Jimin seem to be improving too. 👌

Would love to defend RM but I can’t. 😂 He is amazing as a rapper though. ❤️

• RM's singing sounds like talking because his position is rap

He always raps, even when the rap has a bit of a melody to them, and he pronounces the words the same way when he sings as he does when he raps

Jhope can be considered a rapper-vocalist ig but RM and Suga not so much

Here is JK singing "emotionally"

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Jungkook/V > Jimin/Jin

I'm sorry but Jin is overrated by the fandom. I like his voice but despite improving he's still the weakest vocalist in the group and you can hear it when they sing more difficult songs/parts. He has a chesty approach and a good ear and people mistake that for better technique than it is, but he's extremely tense throughout his range. Even Jimin for all his inconsistency manages to stay relaxed for a larger part of his range so I'd rank him higher. Plus V and Jungkook have a shallow sense of support, Jimin and Jin don't.

I'd agree with all of this

• I think it also really comes down to preference. I personally like V and Jimin's voices more because they have this uniqueness in them, unlike Jin and JK ( between them, I'd say the main difference is that JK is a better technician ).

I agree that I'm sometimes worried about Jimin's vocal chords - he clearly sings too high for him sometimes, but I feel like it's getting better recently. I think he might have used the pandemic to get proper breathing/safe singing technique.

I love V's voice, but I feel like it's under-used in 80% of BTS songs, which is super sad. When it's used, it's a masterpiece ( cf : Blue and Grey ). His voice is so soothing to me, put me to sleep V please.

Jungkook has crazy technique. He is definitely the best technician of the group, and he definitely carries the group, vocally. I just don't get a lot of emotions from him when he sings. He is so focused on singing well and the performance that I don't feel anything beside 'damn, he is sooooo goooood'.

Jin definitely improved the most, but he still focus A LOT on his technique when he sings. And he is still struggling sometimes. He definitely stole the show in the Fix You cover, though, I wonder if this kind of song is what's the most appealing to him.

Jhope can sing well, but I like him a lot more as a rapper. One thing to say though, he is full of emotions when he sings. He lives his songs. Jhope could be in a musical, lol.

Not much to say about Suga and RM, seeing them sing is a treat and they have a beautiful voice, but this is clearly not something that they are interested in.

So for me it would probably be V/Jimin -> JK -> Jin -> Jhope -> RM/Suga

• Couple of things :-

1. RM has ability to emote. I almost teared up listening to Uhgood. Yeah he is not singer but he can slow-talk with so much effectiveness.

2. Suga got a good voice. I love 1:50 onwards of Trivia : Seesaw. It's still talking-singing for the most part but damn it is good.

3. JK and Jin are my favorite.

4. V shines the most in slow Jazzy songs. It's his strongest area.

5. I would like Jimin to do Pop-rock type of songs. I think it will suit him well.

6. J-hope. IDK how much he can sing. He's a fantastic rapper for sure. I would like to see him try singing more in future.

Ranking :-

JK

Jin

V

Jiimin

Suga

RM

J-Hope

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• Just because Jungkook doesn't make weird facial expressions while singing doesn't mean he sings without emotion.

It seams like most of people that say this never watched his interviews where he talks about his singing style.

This is biggest bullshite I heard about his voice.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!