Is age still female idols biggest enemy?

• I feel like as bp and twice getting older and still the most popular is a good sign I wonder if they can continue their relevancy going into their 30s. Brave girls shooting to popularity like that (tho getting age related comments) also good

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• i think the agesim for female idols (and idols in general) definitely is subject to change, the evidence is in the examples you mentioned, and in the fact that k-actresses have successful careers into their middle age, i thinks it's possible for idols to do the same

[+808,8] Jennie wears high heels larger than your oppa's dick, sit down

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

• but i really don't understand who said idols who are over 30 can't be idols ?

I think it’s the sentiment in east Asia or at least was, that idol is a career for young people esp for female idols. I mean just look at Irene 2 or so years into her career and people talk about her age nonstop. Now the older members of bp and twice around her age back then but they don’t get such comments as frequently maybe also it has to do with ifans not caring about age as much and we are bigger than korean kpop fans or gp interested in idols

• I think it’s the sentiment in east Asia or at least was, that idol is a career for young people esp for female idols. I mean just look at Irene 2 or so years into her career and people talk about her age nonstop. Now the older members of bp and twice around her age back then but they don’t get such comments as frequently maybe also it has to do with ifans not caring about age as much and we are bigger than korean kpop fans or gp interested in idols

people do talk about age?

if i am not mistaken Brown Eyed Girls are still active ? three members are almost in their 40s and one membe is 33 so idk

• people do talk about age?

if i am not mistaken Brown Eyed Girls are still active ? three members are almost in their 40s and one membe is 33 so idk

Yeah back when Naver comments was open I remember every Irene article had comments about her age.

I’m thinking not about just being active but also having decent popularity the ability to chart/tour and do activities at least half of what they used to be when they’re younger

• Yeah back when Naver comments was open I remember every Irene article had comments about her age.

I’m thinking not about just being active but also having decent popularity the ability to chart/tour and do activities at least half of what they used to be when they’re younger

so everything is in hands of the company and fans :eyes:

if kpop fans talk like that company will prolly think of it, they might focus more on their young groups and focus less on their old groups resulting in lesser quality songs, less promotion and hiatuses that may result in career slump? idk

but i think blackpink will do good only if YG doesn't keep them in their dungeon for years i guess

idk about twice i don't follow them but they have changed their concept and it looks promising to me

• Groups like Kara and Snsd seemed to lose their touring power with age. Makes me wonder about twice in japan and bp and twice overall

I think for Kara the main reason was the members started to have personal interest beyond the groups

SNSD mainly because Jessica out + Sm started to focus another groups

For Twice & BP firstly depends on whether the company & the members still want to continue or not.

• to answer the OP's original question yes...

all the groups people have mentioned are outliers the most successul of the successful...

where are the GG in their 30s still promoting? you can count the ones probably with one hand...and of those still promoting you can probably just name the 1 or 2 successful ones...

most members move on to solo activities and stop being "idols" in the traditional sense

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!