Why do some people have an issue with ITZY's lyrics?

• At first, I think alot of people didn't have a problem with them. But as time went on and they released ICY, Not Shy and Wannabe, people started complaining about the themes in their lyrics, which were mainly about empowerment, being confident and being yourself, etc.

My question is: What's the problem? Is it bad to have empowering lyrics? I personally think it makes them stand out from other groups, especially when a majority of KPOP songs are about love or partying(not like it's a bad thing, but those are common themes).

Not Shy was a bit different, the lyrics were more about love than about empowering yourself and being confident, but still.

• Not Shy was a bit different, the lyrics were more about love than about empowering yourself and being confident, but still.

i don't agree about this

i think in contrary i think Not shy is very empowering and is also about being confident

they are singing about how the guy doesn't want to say what's on their mind, and about not being shy and that they want this guy so they'll do what they need to have him and stop being shy

i think it's empowering to show that girl can do the first step and not being block in this stereotype that the guy always need to do the first step

My question is: What's the problem? Is it bad to have empowering lyrics? I personally think it makes them stand out from other groups, especially when a majority of KPOP songs are about love or partying(not like it's a bad thing, but those are common themes)

and i think Not shy is a good answer too this

at least personally it's not that i don't like itzy usual lyrics

but that they quickly become repetitive because it's always the same meaning

and i would want them to explore much more something like Not shy in their next comeback

where they can stay true of their empowering, confident lyrics, but by bringing this message to different thematic

they did a self empowerement track for their debut

Not shy was about being confident in love, and it was still empowering even if it was a love song

𝔻𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝕧𝕠𝕥𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝔹𝕠𝕣𝕒

#girls planet 999 from ♡ #girls planet 999 from ♡ #girls planet 999 from ♡

• the "I am not like other girls" kind of vibe is stretching a lot now..

I actually prefer Not shy's lyrics more than the others...

self love is all nice and good but it does feel over the top now cause thats all the lyrics say

But their songs are way too much bop for me to ignore or not like, I end up jamming

(also the amount of gg doing self love concept is huge these days though)

• I think it's more of a you problem if you're seeing it as sexual, I ppersonally didn't even think that move was remotely sexual....

:pepestare:

• At first, I think alot of people didn't have a problem with them. But as time went on and they released ICY, Not Shy and Wannabe, people started complaining about the themes in their lyrics, which were mainly about empowerment, being confident and being yourself, etc.

My question is: What's the problem? Is it bad to have empowering lyrics? I personally think it makes them stand out from other groups, especially when a majority of KPOP songs are about love or partying(not like it's a bad thing, but those are common themes).

Not Shy was a bit different, the lyrics were more about love than about empowering yourself and being confident, but still.

Isn't there a pretty big "man's rights" movement in South Korea?

Incels are going to hate on strong women messages.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!