So is this McD deal linked to BTS' comeback in May?

• Columbia Records exec did this...a music label has no business with a brand endorsement unless it is linked to their single

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ETA, even Columbia CEO Ron Perry posted

IMG_20210420_161327.jpg

Their lawyer Debbie also posted Stay Tuned

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The McD schedule is from 26th May :eyes:

IMG_20210420_143754.jpg

So what do you all think? And what type of song promotions are you all expecting? An advert with the new BTS single, but I think Samsung already has that covered for sure...lol seeing how they used Dyna and LGO in their ads so will certainly use the new BTS single too. So what more is McD bringing to the table promo wise for the new song :eyes:

Edited once, last by paradis ().

• I think we can confirm that the single will be English or at least partially English bcos CR Didn’t go this hard for LGO. McD must mostly likely be playing BTS’s new single for their ads.. and if their other Brands also do this!! Literally the song will be everywhere!!!!! this is so exciting!!!!!

You are right, I did not realise the implications of the involvement of Columbia's head of promotions that too at such an early stage. The single could definitely be getting a push from CR and will most likely be predominantly in English, hence the global campaign

• I feel like this is a stand alone single for McDonald’s only. Not part of the album comeback.

Think this is most definitely be English only.

But a song only for McD would not have Columbia's involvement, it would have been an ad song not a CR pushed single for the charts.

I do feel the song will be played all over in McD and used in their promo too bit it eon't be an ad song only.

• But a song only for McD would not have Columbia's involvement, it would have been an ad song not a CR pushed single for the charts.

I do feel the song will be played all over in McD and used in their promo too bit it eon't be an ad song only.

Dunno they could be rebranding that jingle and potentially make lots of money.

I sure hope it’s not just a jingle.

• Updated...Perry also posted

• there’s no doubt tbh.

(hate perry with passion too)

looks like theyve got something huge up their sleeves with this new single. cant wait for the promo to start.

• there’s no doubt tbh.

(hate perry with passion too)

looks like theyve got something huge up their sleeves with this new single. cant wait for the promo to start.

Yup, this does seem much bigger in scale than Dynamite.

Dynamite was as it is them testing waters for the first time with an English song and a proper push, lets see what we get this time around. It is going to be an incredibly exciting period for sure!!!

Edited once, last by paradis ().

• I'm hoping for it too! I dont mind if it would be in English but I do hope that at least one member has a credit somewhere.

🧈🌳🌱🧈 RM Wifenida 🧈🌱🌳🧈

38bb8dc71205c520373397212dfdb9c72e11cbcb.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!