Where is somi’s career going?

• I've actually talked about this before, but I'm assuming the reason she went to TBL was because she wanted full control of her career when it came to projects outside of music. She wants to be able to endorse products individually. Maybe some acting work in the future. Also other projects like variety. But I also think she wanted to have the flexibility of a schedule just in case IOI reunited.

As far as music at TBL, she wanted to have the ability to have more input. Like I said, we'll see what happens this year because I think it will be one of those writing on the wall types of moments for her musical career.

Yep, Somi's dad pretty much told us why she left JYP. He would go weeks without seeing her because of the way Kpop labels turn trainees and idols into virtual slave labor. Growing up in the West where he have strict child labor laws, i'm sure he wasnt down with this.

Personally, i think Somi and her family are just fine with her numerous CF deals, TV appearances and occasional music releases. I think Black Label is a label for grownups, not your typical Kpop group, where you get as much you put in. All the other peeps at the label seem to do more production than performance as well (RT, Vince, 24, Zion, etc). Teddy aint gonna control you or work you like a pack mule, but this also means he wont handhold you. Teddy encourages Somi to make her own music, and it's up to Somi to learn and grow as both a performer and an artist.

• Yep, Somi's dad pretty much told us why she left JYP. He would go weeks without seeing her because of the way Kpop labels turn trainees and idols into virtual slave labor. Growing up in the West where he have strict child labor laws, i'm sure he wasnt down with this.

Personally, i think Somi and her family are just fine with her numerous CF deals, TV appearances and occasional music releases. I think Black Label is a label for grownups, not your typical Kpop group, where you get as much you put in. All the other peeps at the label seem to do more production than performance as well (RT, Vince, 24, Zion, etc). Teddy aint gonna control you or work you like a pack mule, but this also means he wont handhold you. Teddy encourages Somi to make her own music, and it's up to Somi to learn and grow as both a performer and an artist.

But aren't those the risks of wanting to be an Idol? plus wasn't Somi already an adult by then? I know family's more important than being a pop artist but still you take those chances when you sign a label.

• I wouldn't worry too much about her music career. If i am not wrong she has a lot of things to fall back on. She has variety and ads.

★¸.•☆•.¸★ 𝐉𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐎 ★⡀.•☆•.★

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv 38f275b68632fbb8a30ab7a0fce5512059a80556.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv61eb8841d60cd80c1298efc34ab05d6279af9b9a.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv4d43f06e62bc91bae199a1e0752740ea19fda0f9.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• But aren't those the risks of wanting to be an Idol? plus wasn't Somi already an adult by then? I know family's more important than being a pop artist but still you take those chances when you sign a label.

She was still underaged when she signed with Black Label.

And actually the whole point of signing with a nonKpop label like the Black Label was that she wouldnt have to take those chances. Somi's dad probably saw what happened to Twice and wanted none of that for his daughter. He likely wanted a more balanced work/family/life schedule and Somi probably agreed. Her 4D personality and visuals are fit for a lot of endeavors. I remember reading that Somi has an unusually high monetization rate for her commercial endorsements, that companies consider her reliable and bankable for advertisements and commercials.

Somi will come out with an album when she wants to and when she's able to, not when her label tells her to.

• She was still underaged when she signed with Black Label.

And actually the whole point of signing with a nonKpop label like the Black Label was that she wouldnt have to take those chances. Somi's dad probably saw what happened to Twice and wanted none of that for his daughter. He likely wanted a more balanced work/family/life schedule and Somi probably agreed. Her 4D personality and visuals are fit for a lot of endeavors. I remember reading that Somi has an unusually high monetization rate for her commercial endorsements, that companies consider her reliable and bankable for advertisements and commercials.

Somi will come out with an album when she wants to and when she's able to, not when her label tells her to.

The reason why Idols like TWICE have maintained success is cause they release constantly or remained in the public after music releases.

I haven't heard about Somi since What You Waiting For

• The reason why Idols like TWICE have maintained success is cause they release constantly or remained in the public after music releases.

I haven't heard about Somi since What You Waiting For

Twice is super successful but they paid a price for it. I dont think Somi or her dad wanted to pay that price for success. Different priorities.

• She was still underaged when she signed with Black Label.

Somi also talked about how she liked having more freedom and closer to a normal life after ioi disbanded. She said that a looser schedule fit her much better.

This was in 2017 if I remember correctly so she and her family obviously took their time to consider her options.

• with a small number of releases she better transition into a support role in kdrama...

she could always play one of the friends of female lead, or just an ex gf of male lead, you know the one that surprisingly appears for 1, max 2 episodes

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• with a small number of releases she better transition into a support role in kdrama...

she could always play one of the friends of female lead, or just an ex gf of male lead, you know the one that surprisingly appears for 1, max 2 episodes

I wonder if she has acting aspirations... her looks might be limiting her tho

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• not everyone wants to work 24/7 off their asses

I guess Somi is happy she is doing CF and endorsement outside her music career.

Being in a group, you dont earn much. Moreover, you cant do solo activities under JYP

• It's been three years but yall still repeat the same Somi/JYP/Itzy arguments. Did you ever think about what she wants?

Does she want to release more songs? Probably. But right now she has a lot more freedom to do things her way, and doesn't have to split the dough with 5 other members. She has plenty of brand deals and CFs, and when promotions begin for a comeback, she will likely have plenty of variety shows to guest on

• But aren't those the risks of wanting to be an Idol? plus wasn't Somi already an adult by then? I know family's more important than being a pop artist but still you take those chances when you sign a label.

Maybe Somi doesn't want to be an "idol". She would rather be a musical artist, model and entertainer. She's rich already, so she is free to find her own path.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!