so i said acab and...

• someone in my class said police officers help people make decisions so i was like all cops do is beat up poc and abuse their partners and my teacher got so pressed lmao. she was like n0t aLl cOpS and told me to be more sensitive because some people's parents might be cops or have died while serving. she said it was a learning moment for me. lmfaooooo. like yeah, acab includes your mother/brother/sister/father/cousin/uncle whoever. just cause they're your relative or died doesn't make them any less bastardized by the system. maybe they were a good person, but most likely they let the criminal behavior of their fellow officers slide, which makes them bastardized. :clown:

• Yeah that's a bs argument I'm sorry you had to listen to that - total propaganda. police don't actually die at that high a rate, they're not even in the 10 deadliest jobs; their weapons and military-grade personal protection equipment keep them pretty darn safe

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/2…ccording-to-bls-data.html

im sure she might have been speaking from experience, so im sorry that happened to her, but it doesn't make me any less right lol. thanks for the article.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Show them this video

someone mentioned how if 1 out of 10 cops is bad but the 9 other cops don't do anything about it then they might as well not exist

and that still leaves us with the 1 bad cop

so acab

• The other person was right. She was level-headed, sympathetic, and took the macro-view of the situation; while you were moping, self-regarding, anecdotal, and apparently overly emotional.

• bad approach bad argument. the phrase and statements you make are a total turn off and create further division, but if that's what you are going for, you succeeded.

perhaps you should refer to the other thread you created about admitting when you are wrong, might do you some good.

See, I used to think the same way, but I realised that the "strong language" of political phrases are specifically meant to get the attention of the oppressors. If I said, Some Cops Are Bastardized, barely anyone would bat an eye, but saying All Cops Are Bastardized makes you shocked and wanting to know more. Pointing out that police officers are corrupted by the system they work in isn't going to divide us even more than racism and capitalism already has. I'm not really interested in working with the police. There's no compromise when the system itself was created to secure the "property" of upper class white men. As in slave catching.

I didn't specifically say the words "ACAB", I said that "all cops do is beat up poc and abuse their partners," which is supported by statistics. Black men face a 1 in 1000 chance of being killed by the police, and are 2.5 times more likely to die at the hands of the police than white men. (1) Police officer families experience domestic violence at a rate of 2 to 4 times the overall population. (2) I believe the positive functions of police systems can be done by other means without its many flaws and legacy of upholding racist systems. (3)

I know, the capitol police were doing their jobs to protect democracy. But police overall? The statistics and facts don't lie. Sure "not all cops", but when these "good" cops don't report injustice and crimes committed by "bad" cops, they're also bad cops. They're corrupted by the system they're apart of, so even the "good" cops are bastardized.

• someone in my class said police officers help people make decisions so i was like all cops do is beat up poc and abuse their partners and my teacher got so pressed lmao. she was like n0t aLl cOpS and told me to be more sensitive because some people's parents might be cops or have died while serving. she said it was a learning moment for me. lmfaooooo. like yeah, acab includes your mother/brother/sister/father/cousin/uncle whoever. just cause they're your relative or died doesn't make them any less bastardized by the system. maybe they were a good person, but most likely they let the criminal behavior of their fellow officers slide, which makes them bastardized. :clown:

Especially because students in your class may have known people who had died BECAUSE of cops as well

• More people die from doctors than from cops

Why nobody talks about it? Because they make the rich billions from selling overpriced medicine

Starting an anti-cop movement that actually affected minority-owned small businesses also benefits the rich

Mom & pop shops close from increased theft and vandalism. Big companies buy them off cheap and replace them with corporate stores. Hire their own security guards for cheap

People start to wonder why everyone is fleeing these “acab” friendly areas and causing the price of homes in more peaceful rural areas to skyrocket

People on twitter are satisfied they stood behind a movement in the comfort of their smartphone

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!