When do you think superm will disband?

• i think SM expected better results in the hot100 department. they topped bb200 by whatever methods but failed in the song chart.

but this must’ve been a treat for sm stans. the most popular idols from three different groups coming together... the concept was great but i just wish they weren’t marketed in that cringey way they were and sm had better intentions too

• i think SM expected better results in the hot100 department. they topped bb200 by whatever methods but failed in the song chart.

but this must’ve been a treat for sm stans. the most popular idols from three different groups coming together... the concept was great but i just wish they weren’t marketed in that cringey way they were and sm had better intentions too

Fans of exo and nct don’t seem to like or support the group that much.and Taemin fans are mostly Asian I imagine he benefited the most from the group it gave him good exposure to younger fans.. maybe the lack of concrete support from big fandoms reflected on their results.. I wonder how much sm will keep going with it

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• While I think the marketing of the group was problematic for a lot of reasons, they still did debut in the top 5 albums on the U.S. BB charts, which even though people are making out to be nbd in other threads is still a pretty big deal considering there are Western artists who can't do it. Only a few kpop artists have cracked the song charts vs the album charts and certainly, I don't think SM picked the most crossover-friendly song choices here, considering there were other songs on both albums/EPs that would have been more GP-friendly. The larger problem here is that the group is stacked with only one big voice and SuperM songs have largely built around it and a Baekhyun money note. So I think unless they replace him, they've got a problem in how they've marketed their group. While there are other options that could work in NCT, I've seen a lot of commenters here feel that just it makes it another NCT sub-unit, so I don't have a good answer here. I do think that though, listening to people on here, that the group may have done what it was intended to do in a different way - serve as a gateway to the groups that members are a part of. I've seen a number of Americans say they got into EXO or NCT from SuperM, so maybe I've been misunderstanding the approach here. Maybe this was meant as an extended marketing tactic to bring people into the other groups...

:pepe-use-head:

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• the concept itself makes sense, by putting all the most famous male idola they have in one group, but it didn't work out as they hoped i believe and i don't really see how they gained anything on it

• they'll just put the project on break

SuperM is a big part of the SMCU

since they are the connexion between Exoverse, Neo zone and taemin universe

the SMCU have been in work for years

if they debuted SuperM at this moment i think they took in account Baekhyun and Taemin enlistment

and that maybe SuperM will not be promote for the moment until the SMCU needs them again

Since the SMCU Neo Zone took a big turn with Resonance

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Official Post

I feel like I read somewhere that they all had two year contracts for SuperM, but idk if that was just fan bs or not. I assume it will either go inactive for a while or it will reboot in a new form. I think they'd have to restructure the group if they're going to add in other members of Shinee or EXO.

I saw how excited and nervous Baekhyun, Kai, and Taemin were to promote in the US so I think it was worth it. I know fans turned their noses up at the concept, but for the fans who will probably never get to see a SHINee/Taemin concert or an EXO/Baekhyun/Kai concert in person for the next XX amount of years, it was worth it. It also did bring people into the fandoms of the groups themselves.

It also gave us a lot of really great moments like Baekhyun 100% spoiling NCT 2020 before it was announced and Kai and Lucas being the best brothers in the world. It also gave us Can't Stand the Rain which is just 2x

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!