Boy with Luv is the 2nd biggest idol song of 3rd gen.

• Why?

Let's look at it from multiple angles.

In addition:

21 music show wins (2nd highest of the 21st century and 4th highest of all-time)

1.2 billion+ music video views on YouTube

638M+ Spotify streams

2nd longest charting Korean song on Japan Hot 100

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Certified RIAJ Gold for Streaming in Japan

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

SOTY at MMA, MAMA, and GDA

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Dynamite will never catch up to her, BWL will end up to be BTS most popular song for sure.

Dynamite is less than a year old and is going to pass BWL on YT in a matter of months and is already closing in on 1 billion digital points on Gaon.

So you're wrong.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Bwl should have been their first bb #1 not dynamite tbh.

I will always agree with this, but Sucker by Jonas Bros and especially OTR by Lil Nas X were fucking huge at the time it came out.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Edited once, last by MassiveKpopFan ().

• I don't know who says it is not one of the biggest songs tho? I have personally never seen it lol

In answer to this, I've seen it said way too many times that:

• it didn't deserve SOTY
    • its success is mostly-fandom driven
    • it's not one of the biggest national hits

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Sucker wasn't the song it was against when it came out. Old Town Road was holding firmly at #1 for its 2nd week and went on to hold it for the record breaking longest song to hold number 1

Ohh, all I remember about that time was Sucker. I didn't even hear about OTR until it was much later into its chart run.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I thought Dynamite was bigger. Maybe not yet.

Or is it the first? Or is the first Spring Day?

Dynamite is the biggest overall (South Korea + internationally).

In South Korea, Spring Day still reigns and probably will for a LONG time.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Anyway receipts

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!