The rise of Chinese smartphones

• enjoy

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Speaking of: its natural for South China Morning Post to praise the progress made by the mainland because they are a foreign subsidy of the Alibaba group. Its Jack's foreign media mouthpiece.

That aside, Chinese smartphones *are* catching up, but I doubt that there would be takeover, assuming the US brings back chipmaking stateside or Europe boosts domestic production of chips. (intel's planning to open two plants stateside and making their own while also allowing others to use their factory floor.)

• I still don't trust chinese smartphones because when I root them there is always a trojan or spyware or at least a slew of PUP's stuck inside. They ain't invasive but they do "call home" which is to say that they do send data back to home servers with diagnostic logs. I make it sound bad but the companies say in the EULA, those are logs for troubleshooting crashes, incompatible software, early warning for viruses, etc. Maybe i'm paranoid, but I don't like a phone that sends a regular data stream to servers I don't know.

• By the way, I also have an Oppo smartphone. I have been using it for over a year. All was good. But today my smartphone suddenly turned off and won't turn on anymore. What could be the reason? Could it be because of the battery? Or what oppo spare parts do I need to order for repair?

Edited once, last by maligol ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!