Why is Seventeen Not Popular?

• TBH I think most Carats don't see the point of starting accounts on these forums. I never did either but it seemed fun to talk about SVT with others. But it kinda feels like gossip over here (not sure if that's a good...bad...thing haha) :pepeshut:

(Anyway let's hit 1M in 12 or 24 hours for Not Alone! Happy streaming ~ )

• With streaming, it might be due to the fact for some fans it isn't a type priority.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The recent carat survey done had a lot of the carats over the age of 18 to mid 20s already so they might be prioritizing buying merch and concert tickets over streaming MVs. I actually know someone who has seen SVT live ie concerts/fanmeets around 8 to 10 times in a single yr ( thanks Japan) BUT she doesn't stream the songs or MVs. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• SVT is doing amazing.

Now, They can properly start their Western Promotions, They have strong fandom in KR-JP-CHN so they can try and even if they fail (Which I don't think will happen) , there won't be a major setback in their careers.

Yeah, exactly this. They were smart about their marketing, which actually makes me somewhat happy with Pledis’ marketing team.

• I was honestly confused when they perform on Ellen and the guy said they have 2 Billion streams when I remember they only had 1.3 Billion in spotify but it was actually streams on Melon. SEVENTEEN has 2.3 Billion streams on Melon alone. Also I saw someone made a quantitative tiers of Kpop here and Seventeen was 4th boy group on the ranking.

It’s funny because I also had the same confusion. Honestly when those stats were revealed I was surprised to see Seventeen on there, but it was a pleasant surprise. Nice to know their streams aren’t bad as people like to assume.

• I thought it was obvious that the reason why Seventeen doesnt seem to have as much SM presence and hype as other bands like NCT or SKZ is because their fans all speak Korean, Chinese, or Japanese. We all follow English Twitter and English forums like AKP, most of us are based in the US, Canada, Australia, Europe, SE Asia, Latin America and the Middle East and use English as a common language. Seventeen's core fandom seems hyperfocused on Korea, Japan, and China, they probably dont bother starting up accounts on English forums.

• I thought it was obvious that the reason why Seventeen doesnt seem to have as much SM presence and hype as other bands like NCT or SKZ is because their fans all speak Korean, Chinese, or Japanese. We all follow English Twitter and English forums like AKP, most of us are based in the US, Canada, Australia, Europe, SE Asia, Latin America and the Middle East and use English as a common language. Seventeen's core fandom seems hyperfocused on Korea, Japan, and China, they probably dont bother starting up accounts on English forums.

yup their Big 3 fandom has their own worlds that rarely interacts with each other and to even I-fans as well, but Seventeen has a decent following in the SEA enough for them to sold out during their concert tours and in US too. Their touring numbers is also comparable to most groups (aside from bts) that has a much larger I-fans than them. So it is really interesting it wasn't reflective on most of their mv youtube views as what may others see as an indicative of having larger fandom. I would also add that maybe majority of Seventeen fans are multifans compare to stans when it comes to international side.

• For a group that has their sales, their popularity doesn't match but I think that works to their advantage. As a wise rapper once told me, "It's always best to bubble to the top slowly."

• For a group that has their sales, their popularity doesn't match but I think that works to their advantage. As a wise rapper once told me, "It's always best to bubble to the top slowly."

As Seventeen said, their growth is scary because they grow in silence. Which is indeed very true, the way people’s jaws drop when they witness their glory afterwards is satisfying to see.

• EBS?

Who the hell use this Nickname?

The gap between an new debuted group and seventeen is much smaller than the gap between BTS and seventeen.

Stop the cap.

Seventeen are not flops but also not a top group. Even tho there are only a few top groups out there. It's basically BTS alone and then the 2 top girl groups Twice and BP.

Most non fans don't even know the last title track from Seventeen. I ain't gonna lie, that's not even seventeen fault its just the whole kpop industry are oversatured and is basically a 1 Men show with BTS.

• Beside that all what I wrote.

Seventeen don't have only digital sales, which is an indicator the Gp.

Seventeen also don't have any hit songs in Korea.

Less YouTube views( tbh beside BTS and Bp and all Hype artists where the views are real without adds)

Compared with the top groups there to many lacking areas.

Just like nct, Mamamoo, izone and Red velvet.

• Yes, SVT is not close to EXO's level, especially to BTS', but they are the only 3rd Gen boy group who are behind them based on their achievements from huge physicals and touring sales. Hence why I think that's where the term 'EBS' came from, mainly known within K-Pop fans in SK, and even from Idols and Variety Shows.

But I mean, you're not wrong either tho. Current top groups which are BTS, EXO, BP and Twice both have a huge fandom and gp recognition, and SVT lacks gp recognition based on their digitals. Hence why most non fans, as well as some Carats, don't consider them as a top group, which is understandable.

• I'm honestly still shocked about their US fanbase. A lot of us, Carats, never would have thought that they could actually sold out their North American tour.

They aren't signed with a US label for album distributions to check first if they can at least enter at the very bottom of the Billboard 200 Chart, or even at least convert more casual listeners to fans by checking them out more through more promotions such as US TV debut, interviews, music festival appearances, etc, and see if they can confidently stick to their plan with the arena tour in 8 cities. Who would have thought that even with little promotion, they did it and even sold out!

We had no idea that they actually have that many fans in the US Market. It's as if Pledis was testing the waters first through their touring capability if they can actively/heavily promote SVT over there.

Even though it was just a sold out North American tour compared to top groups' big achievements, that achievement from SVT was still very impressive. Compared to a few of their non top group peers, as well as new generation groups, who have done more moves than them in that Market, they did surprisingly well.

All I can say is that US Carats are very quiet on socials like Twitter and YT, as well as English forums, but they are surprisingly very active in attending concerts. Haha, US Carats are silent but deadly like a fart.

SVT alone in Japan doing extremely well even with being labeled as an Indie group over there since 2018 because they aren't signed with a JPN Label for much better opportunities, especially in album distributions and promotions. But everything is much better now 'cause they just recently signed up this year with a JPN Label, finally! They are just starting to release their full potential in the JPN Market.

At this point wherein they are still outdoing themselves, as well as surprising us along the way, we should never underestimate their capability even with less opportunities given to them by their own company.

• I didn't start rocking with them until after "Oh My" dropped and they kept coming with good songs to stay on my radar. I'm still waiting for them to do an excellent full-English verison of "Do Re Me". Def. one of the two larger guy groups with catalog quality tracks.

Most of Weeekly's A-side/title tracks remind me of the quality and infectiousness of some Seventeen album cuts with the exception of "Butterfly" which is an equally beautiful song that connects just as well as Seventeen's "Kidult".

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!