kind of a dumb question lol.... how popular were T-ARA?

• i'm not that into 2nd gen groups and the ones I do like never included T-ARA just bc idk I didn't come across them as often. but I've watched a few live stages and the fanchants sound kind of insane (loud, lots of people), especially compared to some other groups in the compilations lolol. does anyone know who T-ARA's current equivalent now would be during their time? Like if Twice is SNSD (for example) who would T-ARA kind of be?

(not trying to compare them or smthn just to get a general idea)

• I feel like Red Velvet :?:

T-ara has no equivalent to this generation coz 2nd gen gg's competition are closer than now that only bp and twice are dominating.

:!: :!: :!:

true i feel like the delineation between rankings or whatever was tighter w 2nd gen groups. that or they just seemed to change "positions" a little more often

• During T-ARA's peak, they had the chance to overtake SNSD and 2NE1. After "Bo Peep" all their releases were either a massive hit or a national hit. Then the scandal happened.... :S

T-ARA's "Roly-Poly" was the most downloaded song of 2011 with 5M+ downloads, if I am not mistaken.

Then after the scandal and until now, they captured the Chinese market.

• They were THAT huge. If it weren't for the scandal, they'd take 2NE1's spot or even SNSD's spot. During their peak, they were able to beat SNSD.

Too bad that the scandal happened 🥲

• Pre-scandal days, T-ara was on their way to beating SNSD. In fact, their song, Roly Poly was the most downloaded and impactful song during their era.

They were not just dominating in Korea but also in Japan and most especially China. T-ara was literally China's girl group that time. Their fandom, Queens, was able to beat Beyonce's fandom in Billboard Fandom Contest or whatever it was called.

Their members were also very popular especially Jiyeon(who was known as Little Kim Tae Hee and was able to beat Suzy and Yoona as the most beautiful Kpop idol twice), Eunjung(she was with Suzy in Dream High 1) and Hyomin(for her sexiness).

They served hits after hits. But unfortunately, that stupid scandal happened and everythign went crashing down. But even then, China embraced them very tightly that they still managed to be its girl group. Even until now, they are still known in China.

• rv is the best parallel, both have had many hits, both album sales weren't as strong as others but they're there lol, all members are well known, both were never the #1 gg but always were in the top 3, and were still able to compete with the top ggs

btw not yall saying they were on the same level as snsd, they were huge don't get me wrong but aside from digitals t-ara couldn't compete with them.

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• Even now China still love them.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Just a note they are the only kpop group I think who has free reign to perform and have concerts in China. Their concert

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They were literally China's girl group.

• They were literally China's girl group.

They really loved their Chinese fans and even sang their songs in Chinese

Soyeon also sang covers of very famous Chinese songs

• rv is the best parallel, both have had many hits, both album sales weren't as strong as others but they're there lol, all members are well known, both were never the #1 gg but always were in the top 3, and were still able to compete with the top ggs

btw not yall saying they were on the same level as snsd, they were huge don't get me wrong but aside from digitals t-ara couldn't compete with them.

They were honestly on the road to levelling SNSD. Physicals was not T-ara's strong suit before but their digitals were on par with SNSD. And the members' popularity were as huge as SNSD members especially Jiyeon, Eunjung and Hyomin. Their status in China was also so huge that they always won awards there.

If the scandal didn't happen, they might have beaten SNSD. But history is history.

• They were honestly on the road to levelling SNSD. Physicals was not T-ara's strong suit before but their digitals were on par with SNSD. And the members' popularity were as huge as SNSD members especially Jiyeon, Eunjung and Hyomin. Their status in China was also so huge that they always won awards there.

If the scandal didn't happen, they might have beaten SNSD. But history is history.

i strongly disagree. bc to make it to snsd level they would have had to be able to compete with snsd in physicals as well. i could also use the argument that snsd was huge in japan too. i think if the scandal didnt happen they wouldve continued to be top gg status (which they already were), on par with snsd but not beating them. t-ara’s popularity in sk was crazy but their fandom wasnt as strong as snsd’s which reflected in their physicals. snsd had both.

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• Has the best idol actressvout of her generation, o believe 2 of their members are popular actresses as well, and theyre the only ones that the general public dont hate for being idols because they’re THAT good.

DigiMons of their era. Queens of China.

This is true.

Jiyeon and Eunjung were one of the best idol actresses if not the best.

Even Hyomin was a good idol actress.

• i strongly disagree. bc to make it to snsd level they would have had to be able to compete with snsd in physicals as well. i could also use the argument that snsd was huge in japan too. i think if the scandal didnt happen they wouldve continued to be top gg status (which they already were), on par with snsd but not beating them. t-ara’s popularity in sk was crazy but their fandom wasnt as strong as snsd’s which reflected in their physicals. snsd had both.

But if they just stayed for longer, their Chinese fans would have helped in physicals since they have wrapped China in their fingers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!