THIS WOULD ACTUALLY BE THE REAL MISTREATMENT!!!!!!

• Mismanagement... Mistreatment... Mis fucking everything IF YG REALLY DARES TO GIVE BP & BLINKS A 3RD MINI ALBUM IN OCTOBER!!!!

A 3RD MINI ALBUM WITH NO PRE-RELEASE SINGLE MONTHS EARLIER?!

IMAGINE THIS SHIT?!

4 songs after 1 year?!

If they really do this, then it's 100 % clear they don't only want BP to succeed at all but they also actively seeking to end them!!! like literally doing so amounts to career suicide, this is truly 100% boycott worthy cause...

Ofc this is based on assumptions as the financial researchers are not privy to the company's plans & this is also based on YG track record but this is fucking blackpink!!!

Blinks should not accept anything less than an AUGUST PRE-RELEASE SINGLE WITH ANOTHER 8 SONGS LP IN OCTOBER!!!!!

• I will never boycott BP. I'm already actively boycotting everything else YGE though.

But it's like I've been saying, I'm okay with a mini in October if we have a collab sometime before it.

• those reports been wrong many times

2018: bp second cmb (never happen)

2019: bp second cmb ( never happen)

2020: rosé solo by the end of the year

BUT expecting yg to give bp other album afer the first one its just not realisitc, I'm impressed they even have a cmb.

we should contact whoever got info in the album and rosé songs, I think he was on reddit or smth he got actual facts and predicted things about bp before that actually happne like the genre of each song and gone/otg being in full english

• Because YGE knows that whatever they put out, Blinks will buy. It can be a 3 song mini album and it will still sell huge numbers.

And, based on fandom size alone, one MV from them will likely garner more views and revenue than most kpop girl groups will see in several years.

That's not the point here

Releasing a 3rd ep with only 4 songs & no single before hand is the definition of career suicide

• Lol tbh that 2nd cb in 2018 ended up being Jennie solo

2019 2nd cb was already announced by yang Hyun suk himself in early 2019 but then burning sun issues happened

It's an 8 songs album lmaooooooo + the even cut songs from the album since it was supposed to be 11

Add 5 new ones + those 3 & we have our 2nd full album

It's Mr. S & they only release info close to the CB itself meaning after the information has reached their American label & stuff

• In my eyes if they release a 3rd ep with 4-5 songs + no single before hand then it's 100% boycott worthy

That's a career suicide move for the pinks

It's not career suicide. Just reckless. And Blinks aren't boycotting over it either since we're still getting content within a good time frame. Agreed it sucks but we did or are getting the solos as well this year.

That's why I've been saying BP collabing with a western artist/producer outside of the Korean comeback would be a good thing. Teddy can oversee the project, but it would be spearheaded by another producer. The promotions can also be separate of the album later this year.

• Financial researchers made assumptions for the big 4 companies 2021 releases from April & onwards

They assume YG will release Lisa solo in June & a BP 3rd ep in October... Only

I see...

Can't say I'm surprised if that's the case. I was at least hoping for another full album...

• Honestly a lot of people were even doubting we would get an OT4 come back this year, so it could have been worse.

But I will never understand what YG is doing with BP anyway. Apparently they don't like money, I guess. The girls must be bored to tears, considering that there is no touring either right now :boredr:

• Honestly a lot of people were even doubting we would get an OT4 come back this year, so it could have been worse.

But I will never understand what YG is doing with BP anyway. Apparently they don't like money, I guess. The girls must be bored to tears, considering that there is no touring either right now :boredr:

Better they don't release anything that to get KTL in 2021 after The Album era...

It's not even just about the records only , I just don't want KTL all over again like there's literally zero reason not to give BP a pre-release + 8 songs this year

• Even getting a full group mini would be a miracle to me. I just assumed that BP would do ChaeLiSoo solos this year and be done with it, or at most, we would get a full group digital single release like Dynamite.

Q1 Rose

Q2 Lisa

Q3 Full group single

Q4 Jisoo

BP just doesnt feel like an idol group anymore. Dont you feel that sometimes? I've been in a bad mood ever since the Izone disbandment and i guess my cynicism and pessimism are going into overdrive. I think the group is over idol life already, Jennie has been over it for awhile now, i think she would be happy with her CFs and getting into songwriting/production or doing an occasional solo release. With Rosie being successful as a soloist, and with Lisa practically guaranteed to blow up for her debut solo, and if Jisoo's acting debut is a success... is there even an incentive for the girls to work themselves to the bone as a Kpop idol group with all the stresses that come with comebacks and concerts and touring?

• I’m trying to figure out how you jumped to all these conclusions off of pessimism and cynicism from IZONE’s disbandment. I’m just baffled how a group with a time stamp from a show built on creating groups to stay together for a limited time could cause all this. Either way, the topic is based off an assumption from business analysts who have did many of these type of reports that have been wrong about blackpink comeback and activities many times before.

• tbh releasing a mini will just kill their hype and their growth especially in US and overseas

4 song mini album wont bother their american label to promote it lol

it's literally a sabotage

there's really no reason why blackpink cannot make an 8 song full album

they already have 2 songs they didnt include in their previous first album, how stupid of yg not to release 6 more songs and make it an 8 song full album

• That's not the point here

Releasing a 3rd ep with only 4 songs & no single before hand is the definition of career suicide

EXACTLY

it's a superstar suicide

BP is the biggest korean girl group globally

then after their biggest year, they'll follow it with a mini album

even SES had a yearly full album for 5 years!

• i honestly think it’s fine as long as

- rose gets her solo in the first half of 2021 (which she did)

- lisa actually does get her solo also in the first half of 2021

- and that the mini isn’t 4 songs, but 6 instead like what other people here said. with 2 singles. it can be the lead single and a prerelease or a post released, tbh. as long as they both get full promotions

- we get another full in 2022

so long as we got lisa + rose solo in the first half of 2021 and 6 songs (2 fully promoted singles) on a mini in the second half of 2021. and a full album with 8+ more songs in 2022. then i think it’s fine not to get a full this year.

• honestly i want another full album but i think the amount of total songs matters less than the amount of promoted singles they do.

i would prefer they fully promote 2-4 singles as a group this year, even if they only release 4 songs.... than if they did a full album of 8 songs but only promoted 1-2 or only 1 fully promoted and 1 halfass promoted like yg tends to do

it’ll do more for their career. like think about nicki. just singles and collabs have kept her as the queen of rap for years without an album. you know what i mean? casual listeners and gp don’t listen to albums, they just listen to promoted singles. so more fully promoted singles is more important than how many songs it is i think

• This thread contains 24 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!