Will SM finally realize that NCT Dream will probably be their biggest BG since EXO?

• ???? 19

1. A reach they aren’t, just luck (4) 21%
    2. You make a really good point (15) 79%

Dream is arguably the most successful NCT unit and the only reason why it doesn’t feel that way is because they are too busy shoving 127 and SuperM down everyone’s throats.

Who the HELL does 100k preorders after 1 teaser? with the teaser in question is an unidentifiable member with a piñata on his head...

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And to put it into a better perspective.... (Pt.1 is the best selling SM album of all time btw)

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

WayV increased their sales something to the tune of 1000% after NCT 2020 so Dream doing big preorder numbers isn't a surprise. It's a continued pattern of NCT's growth.

NCT has a whole has received a huge increase in fans over the last year.... especially during NCT 2020 where Dream and WayV members really got huge pushes in the promoting units. It will be well over a year between comebacks for 127 by the time they have a comeback and they've already sold 1M on their own so I expect their next comeback to get the same increase in sales that WayV and Dream have had.

• I mean, its kinda hard to tell at this point. They are pulling NCT U album numbers, which has always been the REAL mystery of NCT's concept. NCT U is expected to get more sales because its all 3 sub-units fandoms buying 1 album. For example, NCT U Empathy sold 300k in March 2018, NCT 127 (full album) and Dream (mini) Both sold under 300k even tho they came out later in that year.

BUT Dream is matching NCT U numbers now, which is a VERY good sign. It could be because Mark is back and its their 1st full album so its getting full fandom support.

OR, it means than Resonance P1. hitting 1.5mil and being the highest selling album in SM history wasn't a fluke. Its possible 127 and Dream will have full fandom support behind them now like NCT U promos and will continue to reach higher and higher sales as they basically compete with eachother. Fans will want 127's numbers to be higher when its their comeback time.

Also with the potential debut of a new unit this year, the question is how much their debut sales will be. This will be another great year for the boys. :pepe-excited:

• Amazing because i even think that nct dream without Mark and Harechan can pull the same numbers as 127's 9 members.

But its not about putting down one sub unit, because sales will keep growing for the whole NCT. How other users say next 127 comeback will also have the same numbers.

The thing is Dream still has a long way to go, if Sm plays their cards well they can have a million seller group for 8 years or more and imo Dream also has more potential to have the general public support.

• People really be calling 1 korean comeback a year since 2019 and some american promotion on 2018/2019 "pushing down our throat" lmao, y'all can uplift a unit without dragging the other one, 127 is like the reason NCT started becoming very big since last year and their members are older than Dream, not to mention they were the first fixed unit to debut and they represented "Seoul" on the NCT project, ofc they would get more promoted than a unit that was supposef to have a graduation system, but even then 127 didn't promote shit on Korea even until these days, y'all think some american shows on 2019 is "pushing down our throat" when they have barely got shit on the countries most of their sales come from.

Neo got my back

bottom!Taeyong | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• Tbh it’s useless to compare sales year over year Cuz kpop sales grows that exponentially. The next 127 comeback will prolly beat it.

If it doesn’t then I suppose you can make this thread.

Back here in July when they will most likely do bc before resonance the album to have the highest 1st day preorder sales was neozone, all that before nct2020 hype

This hiatus will just make 127 fans more hungry bc they won't cmb for a while as exo is in line same as a dream reapckage

Also nct best performing song digitally is kick it, a 127 song

• Let's not pit the units against each other and just hope they're going to keep outdoing each other with every new release lol.

Seriously though, I think is the Resonance magic at work, as well as the units' own continuous growth. If you look at their sales pattern in the past they never stopped growing and Resonance is boosting that growth exponentially. 127 will also benefit from that.

• In order to being the biggest bg they need to have at least a legitimate hit in SK.

Being million sellers is becoming more common since last year and don’t prove real popularity

• its so funny because as an international fan i always thought that they're not that popular - now im quite embarrassed, they have so much potential as a group and you're right, is sm blind or...? i can't wait for the comeback

• It’s always been my experience that all the active Czennies on this forum support all the groups, even if it’s not their taste or bias, so this post is interesting.

I think Dream is going to have a very successful comeback and it’s well deserved for both the Dreamies and their fans, who have been waiting for this moment.

It’s already been covered in other posts here, but yes, NCT is the only bg since EXO for SM and has also already been highly successful, smashing a 25 year old record for sales with Resonance.

127 is the top seller out of the permanent sub-units and Neo Zone and the repackage crushed it in Korea last year, going multi-platinum. It also continues to perform exceptionally well outside Korea and certainly has a very strong sales base in multiple countries, especially the U.S. where its albums chart on the mainstream charts, not only the world albums charts. Since all the sub units are seeing a post-Resonance lift, I would expect this here too from 127.

And of course, we couldn’t have an NCT post without someone popping up to say tHeY dOn’T hAVe a hIt. I just worked on the Lexicon for 127 last night and realized they are doing just better than I thought they were in Korea as I compiled the charts and sales, but I can see this chestnut is going to keep going.

And if selling 1 million albums doesn’t prove popularity, why do the four artists that did sell that much - and yes, there were only 4, despite it being “more common” - all rank amongst the top Kpop acts on YT, Twitter and Spotify? :/

Tl, dr:

- NCT is doing just fine.

- Dream will be big.

- 127 will be big, and is currently the top seller.

- SM has multiple successful bg under one brand umbrella.

- Czennies wish success for other Czennies.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• its so funny because as an international fan i always thought that they're not that popular - now im quite embarrassed, they have so much potential as a group and you're right, is sm blind or...? i can't wait for the comeback

If you were actually a fan, you'd know why they didn't have more comebacks instead of just saying dumb things like "is sm blind"

• If you were actually a fan, you'd know why they didn't have more comebacks instead of just saying dumb things like "is sm blind"

? well i think it's actually sm's fault for not promoting them better, it's been 5 years since their debut and they're releasing their full album just now. nct dream is way less popular internationally than nct127, im updated with their releases and content, i cant read sm's mind, no need to attack me

• ? well i think it's actually sm's fault for not promoting them better, it's been 5 years since their debut and they're releasing their full album just now. nct dream is way less popular internationally than nct127, im updated with their releases and content, i cant read sm's mind, no need to attack me

Dream was not supposed to last, it was a stepping stone for members before they get into other fixed units and that's why there was no point in pushing them as a group. It wasn't until last year that SM finally scratched the original concept and turned them into a permanent unit, because of the overwhelming support they received over the years and the potential they proved to have. Now I expect they'll be treated like a proper group, it's not a coincidence that they're coming back with a full album right after they became permanent.

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!