sk is being absolutely disgusting about RPS atm

• For people who dont know, this thread explains situation really well, please be aware of TWs

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and sadly enough i want to show these two pictures

First picture: amount of people who signed petition to sue whoever writes RPS (fanfiction)

Erb6VIEUYAEMwHl?format=jpg&name=medium

Second picture: amount of people who signed petition for women to have more protection of their lives

Erb6VSuVEAIlN7F?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Go to Best Answer
  • RP as in roleplay? So this guy is aiming to sue a bunch of young teens?

𝒮𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑒𝑒 - 𝑀𝑜𝓃𝓈𝓉𝒶 𝒳 - 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃 - 𝒯𝓍𝒯 - 𝒮𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓎 𝒦𝒾𝒹𝓈 - 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝒸𝑒 - 𝒟𝒶𝓎𝟨 - 𝒯𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑒
    733877d2240d6873f39119f616332c06.gif
    𝐸𝓍𝑜 - 𝐵𝒯𝒮 - 𝒪𝓃𝑒𝓊𝓈 - 𝒢𝑜𝓉𝟩 - 𝒩𝒞𝒯/𝒲𝒶𝓎𝒱 - 𝒜𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓏 - 𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽𝑒𝓇 - 𝒫𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒶𝑔𝑜𝓃

• i think this refers to 'real person slash', so fanfiction.

Ahh. I'd never heard that term before

𝒮𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑒𝑒 - 𝑀𝑜𝓃𝓈𝓉𝒶 𝒳 - 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃 - 𝒯𝓍𝒯 - 𝒮𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓎 𝒦𝒾𝒹𝓈 - 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝒸𝑒 - 𝒟𝒶𝓎𝟨 - 𝒯𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓈𝓊𝓇𝑒
    733877d2240d6873f39119f616332c06.gif
    𝐸𝓍𝑜 - 𝐵𝒯𝒮 - 𝒪𝓃𝑒𝓊𝓈 - 𝒢𝑜𝓉𝟩 - 𝒩𝒞𝒯/𝒲𝒶𝓎𝒱 - 𝒜𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓏 - 𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽𝑒𝓇 - 𝒫𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒶𝑔𝑜𝓃

• What's wrong with RPS?

nothing in my view, unless said celeb is annoyed by it, i doubt many minds it honestly.

RP as in roleplay? So this guy is aiming to sue a bunch of young teens?

in a way yes, he is encouraging his fans, compares RPS to Nth Room, his fans are saying anyone who disagrees deserves really horrid things with extreme detail which i wont even say here

i can't see the images

here

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

just check first and second image you will see...

• Twt is blocked on my computer, is there any other way I can see the images?

• wow that's pretty messed up. from the definitions i've seen, rps is specifically gay fanfiction. i wonder why they're singling that out and they're so pressed about it. it feels a bit misogynistic that people want to control teen girls fan culture but not help women...

• wow that's pretty messed up. from the definitions i've seen, rps is specifically gay fanfiction. i wonder why they're singling that out and they're so pressed about it. it feels a bit misogynistic that people want to control teen girls fan culture but not help women...

i mean its ok for them to discuss pages of pages on football, edit female artists zoom in weird places, but god forbid a teenage girl dared to write fanfiction while censoring the names

• Well to put some hindsight, using real people has always been a copyright liability (at least in the US). It's why on TV, Movies, literary works, there is always a disclaimer where they state that. "This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental..." Even if it is blatantly obvious that it is a work of fiction. Fanfiction has always been a gray area because it is understood as fiction but they use an actual person. No one really bothered with it for the most part because it is understood as a fan thing and financially, even if you sue the creator, you would end up paying more just from lawyer fees .But it has evolved into something that the people being used in the story feel uncomfortable to downright morbidly offended from being associated with it. No one is safe from fanfiction, not just idols or actors/actresses, even private citizens that have a huge online following are being used for fanfiction nowadays.

• Fanfiction are weird to some extent and

I unterstand if someone feels uncomfortable but comparing it to nth room and deep fake undermines the experiences by the victims. Also those aren’t comparable since one of them is a known fictional work while the others are criminal acts

• These filthy men don't care about protecting women. But they do care when it's about rps. Rps isn't even that bad, wtf, it's just fanworks. First solve the issues what women go through, rape, slutshame, molka, leaked sextapes. Rapists getting only 1 year of jailtime, which is ridiculous. I never thought i would say this, but I HATE MEN! They can enjoy sex all they want, but no, not women apparentely.

• Best Answer

I think that's just the way the culture is going right now. It's just like certain companies putting it out there that they reserve the right to copyright strike/have removed certain fan art (Disney and Capcom come to mind) if it depicts their characters in a way they don't like.

Like others have said, the Nth room comparison is faulty.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!