Spring cleaning in YG Plus

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Good news, looks like new owners are cleaning house. If this contiues, we might have hope for a weverse takeover and name change.

I might not have to start putting stickers over YG Plus name on albums after all. Too bad I already saved my BE Essential Hot100 #1 and Grammy nom stickers for this :cryingr:

Can someone decipher if they comments about buying shares apply to the old deal or if this is new and HYBE/Naver have started further takeover?

• They have been trying to get rid of the Hyun Suk family for a long time but had to find new shareholders to do it. I am sure they will thrive much more now with CEOs that do not let ego get in the way of promotions.

From what I remember, originally YG Plus wasnt created by YG. It was an independent company YG bought. So it would make sense if the original founders want to get rid of YG.

• From what I remember, originally YG Plus wasnt created by YG. It was an independent company YG bought. So it would make sense if the original founders want to get rid of YG.

Yes it was originally an advertisement and import company started to help models and artists in Korea reach outside of Asia for international events (Mainly commercial/endorsement deals)/album releases but YG bought large amounts of stocks in them in 2014. It was supposed to be an joint venture but eventually the Suk family bought out a lot of the stocks which lead to them owning over 50% of the company, and overthrowing a lot of the decisions made by the company because of this.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• Explanation for confused people because the tweets explain it in a very weird way:

- YGE sold some of their YG+ shares for the initial HYBE collab, meaning their ownership over YG+ decreases. The YG+ CEO and executives stepped down because they had a hard time keeping with the landscape and sold some of their shares to HYBE for the partnership.

• Right, pasting stuff on AKP is a pain :sweatr:

I fixed it and put the screenhot that was supposed to be there!

All good I have accidentally used promo photos twice in my Lexicon articles, not noticed it and had to go back and edit it to use the one photo I had uploaded and not used yet

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• I called it. HYBE is moving like Pac-Man. It’s obvious what their next step is. They are buying off this company. I’m expecting them to take over the shares in the next half of this year at most

• I called it. HYBE is moving like Pac-Man. It’s obvious what their next step is. They are buying off this company. I’m expecting them to take over the shares in the next half of this year at most

They might already be doing it. YG Plus is a public company, so they could be buying up stocks on the market as well. These top shareholders only made up 52% of the shares.

• Its likely, HYBE will likely want a large amount of control of their artists distribution.

HYBE is a control freak tbh. They even refuse to fully sign BTS to a western label. Instead they buy Scooter. It makes sense to want control of the full chain.

• "cleaning the house" as if the ones buying are super good people with just good intentions, angels in the business....

Anyways, nothing new neither surprising as just fans hated each other. Obviously the companies don't share the same feelings.

I dont remember HYBE executives dealing in human trafficking.

• I dont remember HYBE executives dealing in human trafficking.

You should also remember that a person mistake is that person mistake, not the whole company neither anyone. Acting like hybe is so pure that it's doing a clean up is just being delusional and trying to think that your bias company doesn't need the YGE logo that you (some) guys hate so much. But I won't go further in this matter as i don't need a company move to feel pleasure neither to feel better.

• a big LOL at bighit stans.

Lmao why you all act like wannabe business insiders? And why you all shove your made up scenarios in to everyones face as if they were true?

I’ll laugh at you in your faces when YGplus is fucking up txt, enhypen, ... album distributions or whatever they collabed with BH. I won’t mention BTS since i like them.

Lmao why you all act like wannabe business insiders? And why you all shove your made up scenarios in to everyones face as if they were true?

I’ll laugh at you in your faces when YGplus is fucking up txt, enhypen, ... album distributions or whatever they collabed with BH. I won’t mention BTS since i like them.

HYBE stans.

Yeah I fear about YG Plus' incompetence too but only for BTS. Not a fan of any other group.

Hoping Hybe can bring in better efficiency in the business operations at YG Plus.

• Yeah I fear about YG Plus' incompetence too but only for BTS. Not a fan of any other group.

Hoping Hybe can bring in better efficiency in the business operations at YG Plus.

The change in management will probably help with this. Most of the management team is going to be replaced.

• myaza as if you did not do enough already, you are now destroying the whole industry...down with you :pepe-cross:

I am the cause of downfall of kpop :pepe-cut:

I would have thought this is beyond my paygrade, but if Ive been trusted with this responsibility....

I should start following the correlation between my posting on AKP and YG market cap.

• Personally, I really do not care about either of these companies. However, it’s getting weird. Cleaning? YG+ was never in any controversy to be cleaned?

• I might not have to start putting stickers over YG Plus name on albums after all. Too bad I already saved my BE Essential Hot100 #1 and Grammy nom stickers for this :cryingr:

It really isn't that serious it's just a logo, like someone else said you guys want HYBE to take over a bankrupt company but hate every aspect of that company?? What should I expect from someone who seems to be a company stan

women's wrongs activist

:lovec::cheersc::lovec:

• This thread contains 44 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!