Do you think BTS charting with a Japanese song on Hot100 would raise their profile in Japan?

• Its looking pretty promising, theyre already setting records for Japanese songs!

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I am fervently praying it does. We need Japanese media to report on this :pepe-sad:

Now lets see where and if it charts on Hot 100!!!!

Im very positive after this:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Im very positive after this:

What number do you think it will chart at now that actual sales are known?

• What number do you think it will chart at now that actual sales are known?

Its should get 2 points less, so #77 based on TOTC predictions.

But the points are so close at the lower end of the chart, that small changes can impact positions a lot:

EytlPT6UYAEzngV?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

If it didnt lose the first 13 hours sales and streams, it would have ended up at least in the 60s.

• Its looking pretty promising, theyre already setting records for Japanese songs!

If Japan media gave more coverage for a record that involved a Korean act singing in English, I definitely think this is better

• THEY DID IT

:froghype:

• I dont think Japan gives two flying rips about the American Hot 100 lol. Their music industry and culture seem insular af. They literally dont care what other people think about their music or musical tastes, i have a hard time believing they'll care that a Korean group charted with a Japanese song in the US. BTS success will be about connecting with Japanese audiences, not US accomplishments.

• External Content twitter.com

• I dont think Japan gives two flying rips about the American Hot 100 lol. Their music industry and culture seem insular af. They literally dont care what other people think about their music or musical tastes, i have a hard time believing they'll care that a Korean group charted with a Japanese song in the US. BTS success will be about connecting with Japanese audiences, not US accomplishments.

Top Japanese idols congratulating BTS on their Hot100 achievements every time they appear on Japanese TV clearly disagree.

Another non-Japanese expert on Japan, this type seems to have similar traits.

not when J-media features bts' hot 100 achivements with dynamite and grammy nomination and performance. keep living in delulu land.

• External Content twitter.com

Why do you do this?? Do you have a humiliation kink or something?

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• In Japan, even the morning news bulletins have entertainment news, where everything from newly released music videos to such developments is covered. So this success will definitely be made news. But does it bring more profile? We can say that from the moment if BTS starts being invited back to Music Station and gets invited to Kohaku.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!