Racist Latin gagmen do impressions of BTS members

• I am surprised by the coverage of the Korean media

I'm so sorry for the fans who are apologizing

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I want to clarify that gringo is not a racist term, gringo refers to people from the USA regardless of their race, although sometimes it is also said to other English-speaking people. It's not an insult

Even in Brazil gringo means foreign person

Here's the problem, the n-word wasn't considered bad by those saying it but those who it was said to. Same with the term "oriental" to refer to Asians or "redskins" to refer to Native Americans. Even if the speakers don't think it's a big deal the people being named could feel minimized, targeted and stereotyped. If you search google images for "gringo", 99% of it is about white people. Does anyone in Latinx America call East Asians "gringos"? Obviously its primarily referred to foreigners of European heritage

• Here's the problem, the n-word wasn't considered bad by those saying it but those who it was said to. Same with the term "oriental" to refer to Asians or "redskins" to refer to Native Americans. Even if the speakers don't think it's a big deal the people being named could feel minimized, targeted and stereotyped. If you search google images for "gringo", 99% of it is about white people. Does anyone in Latinx America call East Asians "gringos"? Obviously its primarily referred to foreigners of European heritage

No, gringo refers to people from the United States. It does NOT have a racial connotation. Gringo is the person of white, Asian, Afro or Latino origin born in the United States.

Where are you from and why do you think it means something like that?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• No, gringo refers to people from the United States. It does NOT have a racial connotation. Gringo is the person of white, Asian, Afro or Latino origin born in the United States.

Where are you from and why do you think it means something like that?

Then why is it 99% of the time used on white people? Obviously "on paper" isn't the same as "on practice"

On none of those shows that were posted did I see them call any Asian a "gringo"

• What program? Why would someone call any Asian person gringo?

Anyway, someone born in the United States is called a gringo, probably in your experience you have only been exposed to the use of white people but it does not mean that it is always like that

• 2yr

Closed the thread.
  • in a perfect world, it would be understood racism sucks. i forgot which idiot said the n-word is only considered negative to the recipients, but your ignorance speaks volumes.

racism is bad. when one experiences it at some point, while i hope this is never a concern for whoever is reading this, it can be seriously traumatizing. wake up, this is a problem, and it has been a problem, and it continues to be a problem.

please use english in the public areas of the forum or the guild will be penalized.

thread closed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!