Are hybe groups going to dominate kpop in the future?

• En- has 400k preorders crazy they debuted like 4 months ago!

Txt has the most evenly distributed fame in 4th gen

All of this with regular promo they don’t go all out and didn’t use the secret weapon that starts with a b.

Hybe debuting 6 or more groups By the end of 2022

What if it ends up groups from each subsidiary competing with each other lol

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• I-dont-cAre

Changed the title of the thread from “Are hype groups going to dominate kpop in the future?” to “Are hybe groups going to dominate kpop in the future?”.
  • Not necessarily dominate, but definitely lead along with other groups ^^

They might not give others room to breath lol if by 2022 you’ve got like 10 groups in all worlds markets and most are young groups. They might take up the leading spots.. like infinite exo type of situation

• Nothing in your post indicates you were only referring to 4th gen groups, but you may be right.

Although I still think Treasure is a force to be reckoned with.

You are right my bad.. but like the user above said 17 is Also hybe so the competition for the older groups is even less

• My bad, I forgot about that.

But we are talking about groups being successful in the long term (in the future). I wouldn't underestimate them for now.

Oh im definitely not underestimating them i think they have the most potential along with txt and enhypen. I can see them getting really big in japan, but at this time the two newest hybe groups are still doing better. Enhypen just reached 400k preorders and its their first cb and its been 5 days.

• Oh im definitely not underestimating them i think they have the most potential along with txt and enhypen. I can see them getting really big in japan, but at this time the two newest hybe groups are still doing better. Enhypen just reached 400k preorders and its their first cb and its been 5 days.

:eek:

Jesus

Their fans are thirsty for new music. Very impressive numbers!

• lol cmon, they dont need to use the secret weapon because their entire fanbases are already BTS fans. There isnt a single MOA/Engene who isnt at least a a casual fan/listener of BTS. Many MOAs and Engenes are Army.

We've seen fanwars between NCTzens and EXOLs. Sones and Reveluvs. Blackjacks and Blinks. We never see fanwars between MOAs and Armys because they're literally part of the same giant fanbase.

• lol cmon, they dont need to use the secret weapon because their entire fanbases are already BTS fans. There isnt a single MOA/Engene who isnt at least a a casual fan/listener of BTS.

not really. i know a lot of moas who dgaf about bts and actually don’t like bts being brought up all the damn time. so don’t go around generalizing the entire fandom.

yes, they got a huge bit of fans just from bts alone, who am i to deny that, but the amount of unnecessary hate they got from some armys was insanely shitty. there’s always two sides to everything

it took them almost two years to even get close to their debut hype, and all the bighit bandwagon stans has left by then. they’ve worked hard building their fanbase so don’t discredit that

• lol cmon, they dont need to use the secret weapon because their entire fanbases are already BTS fans. There isnt a single MOA/Engene who isnt at least a a casual fan/listener of BTS. Many MOAs and Engenes are Army.

We've seen fanwars between NCTzens and EXOLs. Sones and Reveluvs. Blackjacks and Blinks. We never see fanwars between MOAs and Armys because they're literally part of the same giant fanbase.

Yes we have, there have been plenty of fights between armys vs moas vs engenes.

• no. i have my bets on jyp. stray kids and itzy are by far some of the best performing 4th gen groups (if not the most) and then you have niziu dominating in japan. it’s definitely jyps era.

with bighit, i’m not sure whether they can handle 6 groups at the same time... not all of them are going to be popular. some will definitely flop. it’s just too much in the span of two year. before 2019 they only had one group under them, by 2020 there’s five more groups, and by 2022 there’s another six being added... not to mention they have a few soloists under them too. bad move if i say so...

Could be true but I’ve made a thread about how much of big fandoms stan other company groups and most army’s don’t stan ( like only one said they do lol) but even if what you say is true. Imagine a yt show with bts and other hybe groups? How many army’s would soften to other groups and how much attention would bts bring

• Hard to say for now tbh. BTS, Seventeen, TXT etc... are all doing well, but I think they also need a dominant GG if they want to 'dominate' the kpop industry.

Time will tell, I guess.

Also people in this thread seems to forget that some ARMY were categorically against the creation of TXT. In a 'how dare Big Hit spend the money that BTS earned on another group' kind of pissed. It's gotten better when it was clear that TXT wasn't there to replace BTS but at first... damn :pepe-life-support:

ur saying this when engenes and moas are literally having a fanwar right now on twitter....

enhypen and txt are shit on by a lot of armys daily

• Starting to wonder if he does it on purpose.

My3dd1Grenv0lf4UtgVxuODHI-7xHNIeITZt9Ws9hTw.gif?fm=mp4&mp4-fragmented=false&s=fc9330e3e9fe8e538d1788c8cd27a4e0

He does.. esp when it comes to the secret weapon lol.. but he’s so good at it that people can’t help but quote and answer.. it’s a talent really

you should write fanfics.

• So far I'm not a fan of HYBE's music production style, they have a way of undermining vocals and making them sound as if they were part of the instrumental and as a result, their songs/singers lack personality and individuality to me. For some reason only BTS out of all the HYBE groups (whose music is produced by BH) doesn't suffer from this. So I'd really dislike it if HYBE groups dominated kpop, it would rob it of so much personality and flair. Of course I wish them all success in their careers, but I also wish other company groups and artists will still have a big part of the market and offer more diversity.

• So far I'm not a fan of HYBE's music production style, they have a way of undermining vocals and making them sound as if they were part of the instrumental and as a result, their songs/singers lack personality and individuality to me. For some reason only BTS out of all the HYBE groups (whose music is produced by BH) doesn't suffer from this. So I'd really dislike it if HYBE groups dominated kpop, it would rob it of so much personality and flair. Of course I wish them all success in their careers, but I also wish other company groups and artists will still have a big part of the market and offer more diversity.

Honestly, for creativity's sake, it's better if there isn't ONE big company dominating everything.

Like, looks what happens with Disney and the movie industry, they all end up having all the same taste.

• Honestly, for creativity's sake, it's better if there isn't ONE big company dominating everything.

Like, looks what happens with Disney and the movie industry, they all end up having all the same taste.

Yep, even when the Big3 dominated, they were still 3 companies with barely any similarities between each other, so if each had 2-4 top tier group at the same time (which was practically the case all throughout 2nd generation with Super Junior, SNSD, TVXQ, SHINee, f(x), Bigbang, 2NE1, 2PM, 2AM, Wonder Girls, MissA) that's already so much diversity.

Besides, the Big3's hold on kpop was never as strong as HYBE's so even when they "dominated" there were many other smaller companies' artists that made it to the top.

There are so many things wrong with this comment. BTS has lots of casual stans even outside HYBE groups and kpop. Your point is such a reach.

• no. i have my bets on jyp. stray kids and itzy are by far some of the best performing 4th gen groups (if not the most) and then you have niziu dominating in japan. it’s definitely jyps era.

with bighit, i’m not sure whether they can handle 6 groups at the same time... not all of them are going to be popular. some will definitely flop. it’s just too much in the span of two year. before 2019 they only had one group under them, by 2020 there’s five more groups, and by 2022 there’s another six being added... not to mention they have a few soloists under them too. bad move if i say so...

I agree with itzy even though they still need a comeback to surpass their debut Dalla Dalla.

And what does Stray kids have over txt or Enhypen? Except for yt views(adds) and Spotify the other 2 groups are streets ahead.

Enyhpen is only 4 months old and will already outsell stray kids best selling album.

+Groups like seventeen, Nuest and gfriend hype have groups who already overall bigger than jype.

All that and I excluding BTS which is alone bigger than all jype groups in history together. I don't see your vision with JYP tbh.

• Considering Hybe has many music labels under them and each has their own autonomy, I don’t think the groups will be in danger of being repetitive or cloned. Bighit music only has BTS and TxT while Enhyphen is under Belift Lab, seventeen and nuest under Pledis, etc.

I do understand the concern about big labels producing similar sounding groups or making 2.0 groups seeing how the Big3 have been doing that all this time. I honestly hope Hybe won’t follow that trend.

• I don't think so. There are a lot of well performing bgs out there- nct, stray kids, treasure, ateez, the boyz. Hybe bgs will have a fair share tho. Not a big fan of how they are debuting so many BGs and we'll see how the source GG do

lol cmon, they dont need to use the secret weapon because their entire fanbases are already BTS fans. There isnt a single MOA/Engene who isnt at least a a casual fan/listener of BTS. Many MOAs and Engenes are Army

A lot of moas or engenes are armys and bts's casual fans but that's not just applicable to moas or engenes but a lot of 4th gen stans.

• It's too early to say if hybe artists will fully dominate the industry because we haven't seen all of their groups which will debut soon. Also, hybe also have flop artists such as gfriend, nuest, lee hyun (no offence, let's be real)

But do I think they'll be one of the leaders? Hell yeah I do think so. They have the two biggest boy groups rn - Seventeen and BTS. They have two of the biggest 4th generation groups (with enhypen becoming a serious threat to not only 4th gen but to 3rd too sales wise) and they keep growing rapidly. I definitely think hybe artists will be leaders in many aspects. It's hard to guess if they'll fully dominate when we have huge groups like blackpink and exo around, other big groups like itzy skz and nct who're doing well. Let's see.. 👀

Oh and stop with the nonsense about txt and enhypen having army fans only. Armys and engenes fight daily, most enhypen stans are survival show stans + girl group stans + stans who came in because of one of the members' sport career beforehand. It's funny how y'all always use the army card as a way to drag the groups down just because they're your faves' nightmare🤣

• This thread contains 150 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!