Bang PD is not much different from PSY

• PSY is known as a one-hit wonder when it comes to his solo songs, meanwhile BigHit is a one-hit wonder when it comes to creating groups.

Jungkook BTS GIF - Jungkook BTS Chuckles - Discover & Share GIFs

edit: I was just stating the similarities.

Gangnam Style = BTS

Gentlemen = TXT

Hangover(ft. Snoop Dog) = Enhypen (collaboration with Mnet)

The one hit wonder thing doesn't mean TXT or Enhypen are flops. That's why I compared him to PSY. Gentlemen and Hangover aren't flops either.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

Edited once, last by kingkook ().

• Better burn the brightest even if you extinguish fast than not burn at all huh?

If I where him I would be content enough with making the biggest Asian act of all time.

• Better burn the brightest even if you extinguish fast than not burn at all huh?

If I where him I would be content enough with making the biggest Asian act of all time.

I mean BTS made him a lot of money and he didn't know what to do with it, so he made TXT and then Enhypen. He obviously knew these junior groups won't be a big profit compared to BTS. He just made them for self-satisfaction just like PSY made songs after Gangnam Style.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• eh they're actually very different. psy's gangnam style took over the world in a day, bang pd created a group that needed years to get their first music award. bang pd isn't a one-hit wonder. just give him some time to built up already extremely popular txt and enhypen

• No group ever lasts forever and you have to take into account enlistment so creating new groups is the norm.

And TXT and Enhypen are doing fine for groups which are 2 yrs and 1 yrs old respectively

Bang PD is not gonna last forever either. Anyways looking at BTS success I have a feeling even during enlistment, BTS is still gonna be BH's biggest bread maker.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• eh they're actually very different. psy's gangnam style took over the world in a day, bang pd created a group that needed years to get their first music award. bang pd isn't a one-hit wonder. just give him some time to built up already extremely popular txt and enhypen

PSY didn't get a lot of views in the first day. It gradually increased and then became a viral. Still how many years do I have to wait for TXT to be an extremely popular group? Any big 3 group in their place would've replaced their seniors by now as the hottest group (not talking sexually).

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• Still how many years do I have to wait for TXT to be an extremely popular group? Any big 3 group in their place would've replaced their seniors by now as the hottest group (not talking sexually).

txt debuted not even two years ago. they already are extremely popular to still be rookies. and no. no big 3 group could replace their senior in less than two years if their senior is bts. no group will ever replace bts in the position that they have at the moment n the music industry.

and why would you need to wait for txt to become more popular? they're already one of the biggest rookie groups. why not just appreciate them for now?

• txt debuted not even two years ago. they already are extremely popular to still be rookies. and no. no big 3 group could replace their senior in less than two years if their senior is bts. no group will ever replace bts in the position that they have at the moment n the music industry.

and why would you need to wait for txt to become more popular? they're already one of the biggest rookie groups. why not just appreciate them for now?

TXT is not a rookie. They said it themselves. If you compare them with other 4th gen bgs they're on same level as them. Even Stray Kidz, ATEEZ and Treasure are more popular than them..

Isn’t that obvious? BTS is an anomaly whose entire career history may never be replicated

yes. That's why I called BH a one hit wonder.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• He’s a CEO why wouldn’t he grow his company??? Even Psy has used his popularity and money to create his own company and sign other artists. What should people do with their money? Put them in a bank never to be used again? I don’t understand this hate for BangPD creating more groups? If he stuck with 1 group then we wouldn’t have BTS, just Eight or 2AM?

🧈🌳🌱🧈 RM Wifenida 🧈🌱🌳🧈

38bb8dc71205c520373397212dfdb9c72e11cbcb.gif

• He’s a CEO why wouldn’t he grow his company??? Even Psy has used his popularity and money to create his own company and sign other artists. What should people do with their money? Put them in a bank never to be used again? I don’t understand this hate for BangPD creating more groups? If he stuck with 1 group then we wouldn’t have BTS, just Eight or 2AM?

Much of his growth isn't coming from his other artists though. BH's 90% income comes from BTS. He's just doing this for self satisfaction, not growth. As for 2AM, once they started being inactive he debuted BTS. btw 2AM belongs to JYP. It's just that BH used to just manage them.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• Bang PD is not gonna last forever either. Anyways looking at BTS success I have a feeling even during enlistment, BTS is still gonna be BH's biggest bread maker.

Absolutely no question - they probably will still beat out all other groups combined but its always good to have a "backup" (I'm not sure if that's even the correct word) in case.

Sorta like don't put all your eggs in one basket

• Much of his growth isn't coming from his other artists though. BH's 90% income comes from BTS. He's just doing this for self satisfaction, not growth. As for 2AM, once they started being inactive he debuted BTS. btw 2AM belongs to JYP. It's just that BH used to just manage them.

It is his money, he can do what he wants with it.

• Much of his growth isn't coming from his other artists though. BH's 90% income comes from BTS. He's just doing this for self satisfaction, not growth. As for 2AM, once they started being inactive he debuted BTS. btw 2AM belongs to JYP. It's just that BH used to just manage them.

It doesn’t matter though. Should JYP stop debuting groups bc they have Twice or YG bc they have BP? Unless it their own self company like Kang Daniel, a company can sign or debut other groups or artists. That’s their function in the industry. As long as they are earning money off a group and not incurring losses what should matter if they produce more? Its not like their neglecting BTS? They hired more staff to separately take care of each groups so what’s the problem with it?

🧈🌳🌱🧈 RM Wifenida 🧈🌱🌳🧈

• Absolutely no question - they probably will still beat out all other groups combined but its always good to have a "backup" (I'm not sure if that's even the correct word) in case.

Sorta like don't put all your eggs in one basket

unless BTS leaves their company, there's no point in having backup.

It is his money, he can do what he wants with it.

he could spend that money on other stuff for BTS. Like employ new stylists or better MV production. Also maybe make those concerts free if he has so much of money.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• Official Post

I think right now, he's debuting all these groups to increase their revenue while BTS enlist. Like..it's always better to diversify your profile instead of being reliant on one group. Or maybe he just wants to get rid of all the trainees he has, we don't know. Either way BTS is still going to be his biggest money-maker when they enlist lmao.

But yes, I do agree that BH won't have a 2nd BTS, so I think that's where some people are misinterpreting your post.

• TXT is not a rookie. They said it themselves. If you compare them with other 4th gen bgs they're on same level as them. Even Stray Kidz, ATEEZ and Treasure are more popular than them..

yes. That's why I called BH a one hit wonder.

i don't care what they said, txt are rookies. rookies or not doesn't go on experience or activity, it's time.

and what do you mean by "even"? stray kids, ateez and treasure are all very talented groups. (btw txt is also dominating over ateez in sk. ateez may be bigger internationally but are still less popular than txt on streaming platforms, mv views and fanbase). treasure is also nowhere near stray kids' or txt's popularity yet. they just debuted and still needs time to attract new non-from debut fans.

txt is doing very well as a group, which proves your statement wrong, as a one-hit wonder by definition is someone[a singer] that only has one hit achievement[record].

psy also has quite a few popular songs after gangnam style. gentleman, or the remix version of gangnam style with hyuna, are nearly just as known and loved.

• It doesn’t matter though. Should JYP stop debuting groups bc they have Twice or YG bc they have BP? Unless it their own self company like Kang Daniel, a company can sign or debut other groups or artists. That’s their function in the industry. As long as they are earning money off a group and not incurring losses what should matter if they produce more? Its not like their neglecting BTS? They hired more staff to separately take care of each groups so what’s the problem with it?

Big 3 are always special cases. Even if Red Velvet flopped, Aespa would've still existed. They always had many artists since the beginning and the difference between what each idol earns isn't as bad as BH's.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• I think right now, he's debuting all these groups as some sort of backup(for lack of a better word) for BTS. Like..it's always better to diversify your profile instead of being reliant on one group. Or maybe he just wants to get rid of all the trainees he has, we don't know. Either way BTS is still going to be his biggest money-maker.

But yes, I do agree that BH won't have a 2nd BTS, so I think that's where some people are misinterpreting your post.

DIVERSIFICATION - that's the word I'm looking for

What he (or she) said (I never know people's genders here lol)

• that's why I compared BH to PSY. PSY came out of nowhere and Gangnam Style is his biggest song ever and will be also. I'm not saying Gentlemen is a flop but it was never as big as GS. Regardless of Gentlemen's success, he's still called a one hit wonder in public.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• Official Post

Your thread doesn't make sense at all just because a group doesn't reach BTS' once in a lifetime popularity doesn't mean they can't be a hit group in their own right. TXT and Enhyphen are doing well and will continue to get bigger contrary to your logic you don't need to be BTS big in order to make a profit.

• Big 3 are always special cases. Even if Red Velvet flopped, Aespa would've still existed. They always had many artists since the beginning and the difference between what each idol earns isn't as bad as BH's.

why is Big3 a special case? Take a look at all entertainment companies like pledis or RBW? They don’t stop at one act?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There was a time with Infinite that they were like BTS they hard carried their company but that didn’t stop their CEO to debuting other groups. So why are you singling out BangPD? He is a CEO that’s a fact. He runs a company, that’s another fact. BTS or not he would have created more groups as long as he has the money to do it. He is also not the only “One Hit Wonder” CEO out there. So what is it that you would like to discuss about it?

🧈🌳🌱🧈 RM Wifenida 🧈🌱🌳🧈

• lmao now i understand all the dislike towards blinks :D

You should since you are on AKP for several months yourself and do claim to be an Army. You would be hard pressed to find an Army, that genuinely loves the boys, like AKP Blinks after having been here all through last year. I am no different.

• that's why I compared BH to PSY. PSY came out of nowhere and Gangnam Style is his biggest song ever and will be also. I'm not saying Gentlemen is a flop but it was never as big as GS. Regardless of Gentlemen's success, he's still called a one hit wonder in public.

if that was what you were trying to say you should have explained it more in the op of the thread. sorry if i seemed very forward or rude heh :whatb:

• Your thread doesn't make sense at all just because a group doesn't reach BTS' once in a lifetime popularity doesn't mean they can't be a hit group in their own right. TXT and Enhyphen are doing well and will continue to get bigger contrary to your logic you don't need to be BTS big in order to make a profit.

I edited the op. sorry for not making it clear from the start.

He is also not the only “One Hit Wonder” CEO out there

read the op. I edited it. The similarity is not only about one hit wonder.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

• You should since you are on AKP for several months yourself and do claim to be an Army. You would be hard pressed to find an Army, that genuinely loves the boys, like AKP Blinks after having been here all through last year. I am no different.

I mean I don’t blame you lmao I’m not really fond of certain akp blinks either

But there are plenty of army’s who know and understand that not every blink is toxic neither do they drag the girls :groovins:

• I mean BTS made him a lot of money and he didn't know what to do with it, so he made TXT and then Enhypen. He obviously knew these junior groups won't be a big profit compared to BTS. He just made them for self-satisfaction just like PSY made songs after Gangnam Style.

first, it's not satisfaction, it's survival. Quite obviously ,considering how big BTS, the profit made by TXT, Enhypen or the upcoming 134340 bighit groups will be considered negligible. BTS is THE BIGGEST BOY BAND IN THE WORLD AND ONE OF THE BIGGEST ACTS OUT THERE! No one will be able to replicate that atleast for the next 10 years or so...

Still how many years do I have to wait for TXT to be an extremely popular group? Any big 3 group in their place would've replaced their seniors by now as the hottest group

TXT is not a rookie. They said it themselves. If you compare them with other 4th gen bgs they're on same level as them. Even Stray Kidz, ATEEZ and Treasure are more popular than them..

among the groups you mentioned, the popularity(based on sales, charting, streams) ranking would be

internationally, TXT=SKZ(with skz edging out in fandom size and streaming while txt in chartings and sales) > Ateez > (Treasure ? Enhypen)

korea, TXT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rest

Japan, TXT>>Skz>Treasure( idk about others)

TXT has the best selling bg album (26k left to 500k btw on their 4th album) and they literally sell most consiestenly

Enhypen has had such a successful debut with border: day one (I'm not an engene so idk the exact numbers)

all TXT wants is that one hit song in korea (which i feel is coming considering their growth after their latest comeback)

unless BTS leaves their company, there's no point in having backup.

okay , so you want big hit to be only BTS? :rolleyes: .That's not exactly how it works

• The way you said it sounds like Bang PD is the main reason why BTS became huge. Why you did your favorite group dirty like that?

Ofc he can't make another BTS because they are one of a kind. Not only Bang PD, I doubt anyone can create another BTS ever. But Enhypen and TXT can be successful on their own, they don't need to be on BTS's level.

• This thread contains 40 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!