Give me a song, I will rate it *In full honesty & respectively*

• I am always interested in listening to new music, but the problem is that I don't know where to start. So I thought that this thread would help me, and for me to check out different music tastes from users here on akp.

Simply drop down a song, and I will give you my thoughts on the song <3:claps:

work in progress

• Be nice to this song, Sara.

:pepe-cut:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think this song might be made out of drugs deadass

• pixy wings

• External Content youtu.be

• I will give you one kpop song and one english song :pepelove1:

protector of the gharqad tree

tumblr_lkl136Bxsg1qbvbvxo1_500.gif

• Be nice to this song, Sara.

:pepe-cut:

8.5/10

Okay, so I really liked how in this specific song, traditional Chinese instruments(I believe that the specific instrument name is called a Zheng) with a reverb pop synth style.

The only thing that I would say is that this had barely any singing from Ten, so that is why I deducted points <3

work in progress

I think this song might be made out of drugs deadass

9/10

This song is really catchy and it definitely was the main goal here for this song.

My only thought was that I found that ongoing monotone voice that repeated "baby" kind of off, also I wish that not only there to be more rap, but for it to be a bit stronger.

work in progress

• pixy wings

9/10

Actually, I have listened to this before, and PIXY is definitely a group that I will be looking forward to in the future. My only thought here was that I wished that the chorus went a little harder, the shift from the chorus to the post-chorus felt too similar in tone. Whether it be making the chorus stronger or the rapping, that change would make it a 10 for me personally.

work in progress

Auditory crack :pepemusic:

OKAY, THIS SONG-!!!!!

AS A NCTzen, I WAS ATTACKED WHEN THIS SONG CAME OUT (so I may already know about this song...as I have played this over a million times already)

But from a non-bias (NCTzen) viewpoint, I give this a rating of 9.5/10

To note that NCT (or even SM) never really came upon a concept like 'Make a Wish' before, made this song definitely either a hit or a miss for many. And from my personal preference, this song was a hit, as I am a big fan of the hip-hop-focused and languid/slurred singing that is added in this fun and catchy tune.

I am also a fan of how they added a little rap part in the beginning, it really sets the mood/tone of the song.

work in progress

• Haha same I've played it so many times.

And taste :yesr:

1. Coin~ Earth to God {Rating: 8.5/10}

Now this song definitely got my attention from the artist saying "Earth to God", and as the song progressed, it definitely made me wonder why it was used. Not in a bad way that it was off, but rather coming from being intrigued by the saying. I like how this song is simple and easy to listen to, it gives off that feeling of a song that you would listen to on a late-night drive. I also enjoy the soft yet emotional singing that goes along with a soft kick of a drum. Also, the piano included in this song fits the tone/mood of the song very well. The reason though why I gave this an 8.5/10 is because I feel as if I was waiting for a drop (not like a hard-hitting drop, but more like a sudden yet fitting emotional addition.

2. 伴 都美子 ~ You're the Only {Rating: 9/10}

This song definitely gives me emotional anime song vibes, and I am here for it. I really enjoy how the transition goes from soft melodic to emotionally powerful electric guitar and the hitting drum set. Also, the incorporated rain makes it a comfy warm song to listen to on a rainy day <3 The only thing that I would change is a focus on a little more power in the vocals during the chorus.

3. The Cure ~ Boys Don't Cry (Rating: 7.5/10}

I really enjoyed the instrumental of this song, especially at the beginning of the song. Also, the lyrics as reflected through raw pain, and it shows. The only thing that set me off with this song was the vocals, now they were in no way terrible, but they felt kind of off to the instrumental. But this is funny for me to say, as the vocals perfectly reelected that emotion in the lyrics through their voice <3:thumbup:

4. Stromae ~ tous les mêmes {Rating: 8/10}

I am guessing that this is french rap, and it definitely sounds like a club type of song. What I really like about this song is the simplistic drum kit, a synth-pop, and trumpet mood that goes with the tone of the rapper (languid/slurred). Also, I love the clapping element at the end of the song.

work in progress

Dreamcatcher ~ Deja Vu

{Rating: 9.5/10}

What I really enjoyed about this track of Dreamcatcher is how they are able to find a balance between soft & hard-hitting emotion. The lyrics of this song reflect that, and it is so pleasing to hear those transitions. Also, the vocals (including backing vocals) blended and stood out very well throughout the song, and the rap was soft yet also deep hitting. The only thing that I really wished that they would have added was a powerful run to the ending chorus, instead of having a soft run as a backing vocal. <3

work in progress

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!