[Throwback] BTS 2018 The Order of Cultural Merit Award Ceremony, SBS + Bangtan Episode

• In light of a particular topic that gets brought up every once in a while, I realized many people and new ARMYs don't know that there was a lovely ceremony in 2018 when BTS attended to receive their Order of Cultural Merits Awards. The event was not a televised but it was a very lovely ceremony!

SBS:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Bangtan Episode (Translated by Bangtan Subs, original video is on BangtanTV)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ceremony Transcript:

This recipient, BTS, through cultural activities, has made outstanding contributions in promoting the development of national culture; Therefore we bestow this order according to the Constitution of the Republic of Korea.

Mr. Kim Nam-Joon. He is the leader and the main rapper of BTS, RM. He possesses incredible producing skills. He has made amazing contributions by placing #1 on the Billboard 200 for two consecutive albums, the first Korean singers to do so.

Mr. Kim Seok-Jin has shown multifaceted talents through his deep emotional comprehension, unique vocals, and participation in lyric writing. This is BTS' Jin, who is leading the movement for the globalization of K-Pop.

Mr. Kim Tae-Hyung is a singer-songwriter who is in charge of the killing part of the song with his deep, charismatic voice, and is working to spread Hallyu all over the world.

Mr. Min Yoon-Gi is the lead rapper who possesses solid rapping skills, and contributes greatly to K-Pop being loved by fans all over the world by showcasing incredible talents such as participating in writing lyrics and composing songs.

Mr. Park Ji-Min is the main cancer and vocal, acting as an all-round entertainer who possess not only excellent dance skills but also amazing vocal skills.

Mr. Jeon Jung-Kook has shown remarkable talent in all fields including vocals, dance, songwriting and rap, and has contributed greatly to BTS spreading out to the whole world together with Hallyu.

Mr. Jung Ho-Seok is the main dancer who is in charged of the choreography of BTS and possesses excellent dance skills. He plays a large role in gathering the attention of the world by completing the powerful and elaborate performances of BTS.

:pepelove1:

Are you a new baby ARMY? Want to meet fellow ARMYs? >Click here!<
    ezgif.com-gif-maker_3.gif

Edited once, last by drchimchim ().

• i never watch this!! This event is way before I become Army :pepelove1:

Thank you so much for sharing !!

:lover3::borahae:

There is a really cute quiz segment too that I forgot to share. It starts at around 7:15. No subtitles in the actual video but there are subtitles in the Bangtan Episode.

• Official Post

External Content twitter.com

I wish to end this winter, how much longing must fall like snow before that spring day arrives?Spring Day

160837-for-gif

• It was a surreal moment for me as an ARMY.. looking at the proud faces of BTS when each member was getting their own medals.. so amazing.

This honour hasn’t been awarded to any idol groups, and usually only given to those that have served in the music/culture industry for a long time (usually like a life time achievement). BTS got them when they were in their 20s because the government of Korea recognised their huge contribution to the nation (as early as 2018!)

So for those who think that BTS was given postponement because of their popularity, I hope you understand now. It’s more than being able to sell million albums or chart in BB200/100. It’s about bringing Korean culture to the world, it’s the ultimate soft power that before this only the west enjoyed that privilege.

• There is a really cute quiz segment too that I forgot to share. It starts at around 7:15. No subtitles in the actual video but there are subtitles in the Bangtan Episode.

i don't know why the subs won't show up with my mpbile, I only understand ARMY from quiz

:-D

I'll check it later with my notebook,

Thanks hun :borahae:

• External Content twitter.com

omg I haven’t seen this clip. This is from Bring the Soul?

“Honor to all the Parks”

:pepe-joy:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!