most kpop fans are insecure ,have low self esteem ...?

• I wouldn't be surprised if most kpop fans are insecure/live vicariously through their faves. The kpop industry basically markets their idols to people that don't have "perfect lives."

I haven't seen any fans say that but I do think that a lot of fans brag about certain things because it makes them feel like they have it too.

everyone like what they dont have

• I think it's not healthy to compare with any celebrities in the sense of 'not that attractive', 'not worthy'. Firstly you need to be confident in yourself and work with whatever you have. Visually-wise can be damaging to compare yourself with people you see on social media and in public, they put a lot of effort into their looks (and also alter them).

I believe that people that do not see you as attractive, do not deserve your attention at all. I've never been worried about that, because i know that if someone doesn't respect or like me, i am not going to be close with them.

I never compare myself with idols, celebrities or other people (i have totally different dreams for me and my future, it wouldn't make any sense). So i'm just trying to be the best version of me and be good at things i do. But i do wish i was as passionate and hardworking as those idols - i'm trying tho (like someone said before on this thread) :D

ppl can u as unattractive yet still date you since they cannot afford to be choosy

i put alot of effort on my appearance too

• If anything I feel better than them

I’m attractive naturally

I have money

I’m educated

I do have decent vocals naturally

Kpop idols better watch out for me!!!!

• it's bc these kpop idols themselves say they aren't attractive and think they're unworthy. sometimes they do it to be humble but it makes even the normal confident fans think "if my fave think they're unworthy, then what am i?" and they start feeling insecure. not saying this is the kpop idols fault but the way some show their humbleness has more of a negative approach.

i think it is just an sop for them to appear better using such word :nob:

• That’s just people in general. People should stop thinking that kpop fans have a singular personality. Kpop fandoms are made up of different people who, even those obsessed ones, have lives outside kpop. They are real people who exists just like your friends, family and neighbors

that's what i said

• I don't know. Do I think I am as attractive as the idols ? No. But then, I don't really measure the worth of a person by how close they are to beauty standards, so it doesn't bother me. I'm sure that they have their own struggles, just as I have mine.

What I do feel though is that, especially this year with the pandemic, kpop really created a bubble to protect me from any bad vibe from the outside world. I don't know if that's very healthy, but I guess it's better than alcohol :boredr:

• I don't know. Do I think I am as attractive as the idols ? No. But then, I don't really measure the worth of a person by how close they are to beauty standards, so it doesn't bother me. I'm sure that they have their own struggles, just as I have mine.

What I do feel though is that, especially this year with the pandemic, kpop really created a bubble to protect me from any bad vibe from the outside world. I don't know if that's very healthy, but I guess it's better than alcohol :boredr:

what bad vibe :shyr:

• ironically enough, as much as i love my favs i hate the idea of celebrities and how as a society we worship them. ive learned to not compare myself to celebrities so thats why i dont project on any of them. i dont think this is just a kpop stan thing i think its just a stan thing

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• ironically enough, as much as i love my favs i hate the idea of celebrities and how as a society we worship them. ive learned to not compare myself to celebrities so thats why i dont project on any of them. i dont think this is just a kpop stan thing i think its just a stan thing

i agree

liking them is different stuff but thinking they are some god that cannot be approached is funny lol :claps:

• well that was not the point of my message, i don't think we talk about the same thing :wink:

that also depend on how you date... but that's another topic

i am not saying i'm not puting effort in my appearance, just that that is not part of my job, to make everyone like me (which with idols doesn't even work - it's not going to happen that everyone would like someone)

u dont have to do it only when it is your job :shrug:

but ok,i do not understand u anyway

• still. kpop fans are insecure. anime fans are insecure. western music fans are insecure. bollywood fans are insecure. its a people thing, not really a fandom thing. the reason it shows a little more in kpop is that kpop is heavily achievement oriented

conclusion

fans are insecure

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!