why exactly is there a 4th gen?

• I agree. Forget about 3rd gen still dominating. 4th gen has nothing other than album sales. No star group and it apparently started in 2018. Maybe if one group can rise we can say 4th gen started. 4th gen stans know faves can't compete with 3rd gen top5 especially so they need to put their faves under the new gen to make them look decent.

✿.。.:* ☆:**:. L⨳I⨳S⨳A .:**:.☆*.:。.✿

e86683e3dcad93d2e783567c540ecfad5b888b44.gifv 05306830081dc27e93f91b85049193f6aa0feb58.gifv 831901fc0e4891e5ed7ba9fbe1f6c961804ca66f.gifv

• Blackpink - everglow?
    Bts - Stray kids?
    Exo - NCT- Super M?

idk man they all sound the same to me Lol

No, it is not really music-wise.

More like concept-wise & how they are breaking barriers in k-pop

They don't just focus solely now on Korea, but globally

*Not saying that 3rd gen did not do this, but more so that it is the common goal for 4th gen groups*

Oh really.

:/

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• not feeling that reason much

You know I just can't stop it when my heart sky rockets for you
    2ea319bd63705a25c50232df2ae317d871d3ad36.gifv d1ef5d384b1910b5a37c49c48b1b0c82fd7573ed.gifv 1f0bd7c83dbb180bdf5e7b6f561bb556fa21671f.gifv

• I think everyone's missing the main point of why kpop labels groups into different generations. It's primarily because all groups come to a end and disband, officially or unofficially. You can't relate it to the west, firstly Beyonce is a solo artist and then groups in the west don't have a limited contract, not publicly at least. Kpop soloist aren't generally put into generations, but majority kpop groups have an end date contract they are working till. If they don't renew or can't then it's like an end of an era or generation etc Then enters new groups/ a new generation of idols etc

:whatr:

aespa edit | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiraespa jimin | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgiridolady.tumblr.com - TumbexAespa gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

æ- "𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝔼𝕧𝕠, 𝔼𝕧𝕠𝕝𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟" -𝕒𝕖𝕤𝕡𝕒 -æ

• not feeling that reason much

Also those 3rd Gen groups that I mentioned are up for contract renewals soon (or are already in discussion like Mamamoo) , so those new groups are meant to fill in the hole that the 3rd Gen might leave if contract negotiations don't go the way the companies want to and then disband the group.

• Also those 3rd Gen groups that I mentioned are up for contract renewals soon (or are already in discussion like Mamamoo) , so those new groups are meant to fill in the hole that the 3rd Gen might leave if contract negotiations don't go the way the companies want to and then disband the group.

I agree with the concept but that means gens should be around 7-8 years apart because a standard kpop contract is 7 years. And that's what we saw with earlier gens.

1st gen - 1998 - 2005/6

2nd gen - 2005/6 - 2012/3

3rd gen - 2012/3 - 2020ish

it makes no sense to say 4th gen started in 2017/2018 because then why did 3rd gen only get 5 years when precious gens got 7-8 years?

IMO 2019/2020 should minimum be start of 4th gen, if there is a 4th gen.

• This is also the reason why I see the generation differently for BGs and GGs. The examples I gave was mostly GGs so if we are looking at GGs it would be more like 2007 - 2012, 2007 with Wonder Girls/SNSD/Kara

• All these 3rd gen groups considered as 3rd gen since debut? Or since they started taking over older gen groups?

I thought 3rd gen started around 2015-16

Generations 2 and 3 were based on SM.

BH/JYP jumped the gun on new groups with TxT and ITZY and now its why its all fuckin convoluted.

The issue was EXO came in 2011, and RV in 2014. Most gen 3 groups were between 2011-2015. But rn BLACKPINK is still huge but they actually debuted WAY late into Gen3.

That korean photo of generations has BP as 3.5

But generations are done IMO, cause JYP and HYBE are gonna pumped out groups everywhere. and SM has NCT

• If there are hard hitting songs it doesn't mean it sounds similar

especially SKZ has very experimental sound, no kpop group has done psy trance genre before SKZ

their songs are not similar to previous kpop groups

but more like modern more complex, uncoventional and upgraded version of western edm combined with hip hop

• Blackpink - everglow?
    Bts - Stray kids?
    Exo - NCT- Super M?

idk man they all sound the same to me Lol

when did BTS & SKZ sound same? :/

there might be some BTS songs like DNA, IDOL that might sound similar to SKZ songs since these songs are strongly EDM songs. But generally theses two groups have totally different musical style, even their demograph is quite different

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!